Philpott Motors

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

1.0

Buyer beware

Purchased a truck in January and transmission went out in April. Buyer beware . No help whatsoever from this dealership at all . Shop elsewhere.

Dealer response

Hi Kayla, at our dealership we pride ourselves in straight forward, no nonsense, and transparent dealings with our clients. We are interested in learning more about what exactly caused you to feel this way. Please give us a call at (409) 727-1451 and we will do our best to make this better. We hope to hear from you soon.

1.3

Left my 2008 gt500 for repair February 2nd 2021

My Shelby 2008 gt500 has been with this dealership since February 2nd 2021 and is still there. The service manager has had every excuse why they can't repair my car. When he tells me it is being worked on I find it sitting in their in the same spot outside in the weather with nothing being done. Two and a half months.

Dealer response

Hi David, thank you for sharing your honest feedback. We are disappointed that you have had such a negative experience dealing with us here at Philpott Ford. We can assure you that it was truly not our intention to disappoint or frustrate you during this process. Please give us a call at (409) 727-1451 and we will do our best to make this better. We hope to hear from you soon.

A Great Buying Experience

My buying experience a Philpott Toyota was 5 Star from start to finish. Daren Granger, the General Manager, set the tone for what was an easy and seamless buying experience. Prior to coming to Philpott to serve as GM, Daren had sold me my first Tundra. He is a gentleman, polite in every respect, and extremely knowledgeable about vehicles. When it was time to trade in and upgrade to a new Tundra, I immediately called Daren and asked for his help. Once again, Daren guided me through the buying process. Because I live two hours from the dealership, I worked with Daren by phone and then he found the exact vehicle I was looking for. When I arrived at the dealership to pick up my new Tundra, every person I interacted with was friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Shelly for showing me all of the new features on my Tundra, to Chris in the finance office, and to the kind receptionist who greeted me with a smile. Daren has surrounded himself with an amazing staff who reflect his commitment to customer satisfaction. A million thanks to Daren and his team. I commend Philpott Toyota without reservation to any prospective car buyer. They will remain my dealership of choice for any future purchases.

Dealer response

Hi Omar, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! If you have any additional questions about your new vehicle, we will be more than happy to assist you! Safe travels!

2.7

Not too pleased with underlying deception

Upon arrival I mentioned to the Attendant that I came in for a maintenance service and I have (The Toyota Care Package that covers up to 75,000 miles). Being a walk in, she informed me that there may be a long wait and I decided to wait . So while waiting the Attendant informed me that my maintenance service would Not be covered because my insurance ran out , so I once again reminded her I have coverage up to 75,000 miles and then she asked if I used this coverage before for maintenance services? And of course I replied, yes! I didn't appreciate how she insinuated that this maintenance would have to be paid out of pocket and I knew my Toyota Care covered it! Also , usually when your vehicle is ready there is promptness in letting the customer know but Not This Time! I have been coming to this company for years, not because of their superior service but because of convenience ! There was NO reason for this because Philpott Toyota Service Dept. has ALL my vehicle history in their data base already! SMH!!!!

Dealer response

We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at Philpott Pre-Owned Super Center. When you have an opportunity, please reach out to us at (409) 527-3157 so we can try to restore your confidence in our business. Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Service on 2015 Expedition

Oil change, new tires and brake service. Quick easy and friendly. Best tires and price compared to local tire shops.

Dealer response

David Olsen, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Philpott Motors!

Customer

Mr. Jorge went above and beyond our expectations for helping us get a vehicle. Everyone at Philpott Toyota was absolutely the best. Thanks, Joyce & John McCorquodale

Dealer response

Hi Joyce Mccorquodale! We're so happy we were able to help you out! We hope to be of service to you again in the future. Best wishes, Philpott Motors

Philpott Service

Tabitha, Danielle and the service department were amazing in trying to replace the factory wheels after my accident. They will continue to be the service department of choice on both our ford vehicles. Ford is the failure here on the timeliness of the replacement and the wheels still not an exact match.

Dealer response

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day! We can't wait to see you again, have a great day.

1.0

Never Return Calls

I called the Finance Manager to get some information and left 5 messages all with no return call. This is typical of the dealings I have had with this dealership. Also why is Philpott ashamed to say they are located in Nederland. All over the webpage it says Beaumont and Beaumont area. If you want to be in Beaumont move to Beaumont.

Explorer

Derron Rogers helped us with our new Ford. He made everything very easy, and made our experience very pleasant. We will definitely recommend phillpot and Derron to other people and we will be back for sure.

Dealer response

Nicole Babineaux, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Philpott Motors!

I have always had good service at Philpott Ford

People always say don't take your car to the dealer when it is out of warranty, they will over charge you. My reply is it may be a little higher but they will always back up their work.

Dealer response

John, we set high expectations for ourselves so it?s gratifying to hear you had a great experience with us. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can do for you! Safe travels!