4.4 out of 5 (4.4) 43 reviews

Call This Dealer

43 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Thompson Mazda from DealerRater.com

EXCELLENT SERVICE
    March 29, 2018

It is with great pleasure to write about Thompson Motors. Corey is the best gentlemen ever and the staff and mechanics are the best. Thanks!

Employees Worked With
    Thompson Automotive - you DO want this company!!
    March 11, 2018

Thompson Mazda is a fresh break from the usual car dealership. I'm a bottom line sort of shopper, do a ton of research before I step on any lot, and ...really hate the pressure tactics and gaming that usually accompany the buying process at most dealerships. I've bought two cars at Thompson auto dealerships - Dodge and Mazda in Dundalk - and both experiences rank as the top two I have had out of 12 car purchases over the years. I've also had great service experience at the Edgewood Thompson Chrysler dealership as well. In both buying instances they made an outstanding offer at the outset, and didn't pressure with the usual 'its only good today' tactics and other crap most dealers will throw at you. In all instances when I shared the terms of the offers with other dealers I was negotiating with, they said that Thompson couldn't have included everything, and that I'd find out they wouldn't honor it. Wrong! It made it especially sweet after I purchased at Thompson to be able to tell the others when they called afterwards that yes, Thompson honored their deal and I was now a happy Thompson vehicle owner, thank you. ;-) And isn't that what its all about: getting a great deal that literally no other dealer could match on a fantastic car, and a no-pressure sales experience? From the initial test drive and offer (thanks, Brian Thrift and Bob Vorbach for all your respect, courtesy and assistance!) to the no-pressure honest and easygoing financing and final paperwork (thanks to Jim Waters for a no-hassle, speedy, and honest experience!) and super-knowledgeable vehicle delivery set-up and overview (thanks for your infectious knowledge and enthusiasm, Mike Mcgrath!), this latest Thompson Mazda experience was exemplary and is the standard for all others. Well worth the trip from Bel Air to Dundalk - well done, Thompson! PS: Really, folks - I don't leave reviews, and rarely am a happy sales customer. This dealer and these folks are the real deal. If Thompson sells the brand you are looking for, this is where you need to get to, even if its a drive like it was for me. PSS: Oh, and the entire Mazda brand is one that should be on your list. ;-)

Employees Worked With
    Thompson is where you want - NO NEED - to shop!!!!
    March 11, 2018

Thompson Mazda is a fresh break from the usual car dealership. I'm a bottom line sort of shopper, do a ton of research before I step on any lot, and ...really hate the pressure tactics and gaming that usually accompany the buying process at most dealerships. I've bought two cars at Thompson auto dealerships - Dodge and Mazda in Dundalk - and both experiences rank as the top two I have had out of 12 car purchases over the years. I've also had great service experience at the Edgewood Thompson Chrysler dealership as well. In both buying instances they made an outstanding offer at the outset, and didn't pressure with the usual 'its only good today' tactics and other crap most dealers will throw at you. In all instances when I shared the terms of the offers with other dealers I was negotiating with, they said that Thompson couldn't have included everything, and that I'd find out they wouldn't honor it. Wrong! It made it especially sweet after I purchased at Thompson to be able to tell the others when they called afterwards that yes, Thompson honored their deal and I was now a happy Thompson vehicle owner, thank you. ;-) And isn't that what its all about: getting a great deal that literally no other dealer could match on a fantastic car, and a no-pressure sales experience? From the initial test drive and offer (thanks, Brian Thrift and Bob Vorbach for all your respect, courtesy and assistance!) to the no-pressure honest and easygoing financing and final paperwork (thanks to Jim Waters for a no-hassle, speedy, and honest experience!) and super-knowledgeable vehicle delivery set-up and overview (thanks for your infectious knowledge and enthusiasm, Dave Gruber!), this latest Thompson Mazda experience was exemplary and is the standard for all others. Well worth the trip from Bel Air to Dundalk - well done, Thompson! PS: Really, folks - I don't leave reviews, and rarely am a happy sales customer. This dealer and these folks are the real deal. If Thompson sells the brand you are looking for, this is where you need to get to, even if its a drive like it was for me. PSS: Oh, and the entire Mazda brand is one that should be on your list. ;-)

Where Do I Begin.....Terrible Sales and Service
    January 8, 2018

We bought a new 2011 Mazda 3 and back then, the Sales guy said there was Bluetooth in the vehicle. We didn't test the Bluetooth but apparently this m...odel didn't have which we found out during the final phase of the sale. Because of this error, Thompson promised in writing, lifetime oil changes which was a good move on their part. Since then, we've been taking the car to Thompson for all of the oil changes. Fast forward to our most recent exchange with Service Advisor Corey Weimer where we were charged for a tire rotation (their new policy now requires a paid service with the 'free' oil change, which wasn't implemented when we received the 'free oil' changes) and then they didn't even rotate the tires! I have proof that my front tires are still in the same place. They even wrote up the charge! This dealer is unscrupulous and I've made a case with Mazda USA to let them know that this Service Center is not to be trusted.

Employees Worked With
    Amazing! Willing to make the deal I want happen!
    March 1, 2017

I purchased a car from Mazda and I have to say it was probably the best car buying experience I have ever had. I have bought 6 cars before this, from ...various dealerships in the area. I worked with Mike Pagliaro and he was great! Not your average sales guy at a dealership. He did not give me all that "salesman" talk and I appreciate that considering I have heard it many times before. He was honest and is extremely down to earth. He always made sure I was happy and was willing to talk make things work (which I will be honest thought it wouldn't). There are many details I could give that made my experience with him so great but it would literally take me a whole page! Then the finance guy Doug Flint, is a miracle worker! My husband wanted some extra things added to the car, and while I felt we were already lucky to have a deal this man went above and beyond to make these things happen for us! They made sure we were happy at every turn, and I could not thank them enough! You would be crazy to go to any other dealership, and I plan to buy any other car I buy, from Thompson Mazda with Mike and Doug. They were a great team and made us feel great too! I really just cannot say enough!

Thompson Mazda

Thank you for the very kind review. We are proud to have Mike and Doug part of our Thompson family and we appreciate your feedback on your car buying ...experience and how Mike and Doug made it a smooth process. Enjoy your new Mazda!! Joe Lyons Director of Operations Thompson Automotive of Dundalk, Inc.

Laid back and very reasonable- great first-time experience!
    January 3, 2017

Mike Pagliaro was fantastic! Laid back but knowledgeable and very accommodating. He gave me a lot of flexibility with the test drive so I could really... get a feel for the Mazda3. The car actually ran out of gas while on my test drive, and the whole team was on top of getting gas for it! Mike was attentive the entire time I was with him but also quick to step away when I asked for time to discuss things with my family. Tony, the sales manager who handled the transaction, seemed like he would be a more hardcore salesman, but he too was very reasonable and allowed me plenty of time for reading the paperwork, and he never tried to push for financing after I told him I already had financing through my credit union. I haven't gotten to see much of the service center, but Mike did take us over to see it and my car's first service is scheduled for late June. This was definitely the warmest, most relaxed group I'd dealt with among three different dealerships test driving three different cars. I didn't think I'd ultimately go for the Mazda but I'm in love with my new Mazda and would highly recommend these guys when buying one!

Awesome experience
    November 3, 2016

I was very nervous about buying a car for the first time by myself, but Mike made it really easy and Jim from finance walked me through everything els...e. It was a fantastic experience and I enjoyed all of it. I am super excited for my new (to me) car and they really made it easy.

Overall Experience

Great experience with a trade
    October 16, 2016

Tony, Mike and the team were extremely helpful. It was an extremely laid back and positive experience. Very up front and honest in the way they conduc...ted their business. I would highly recommend visiting Thompson Mazda and their team if you're looking for an professional, cooperative, and respectful team to help you purchase your next Mazda.

Service Manager Cory
    September 23, 2016

Service manger Cory should not be in this position, he knows nothing.....He does not know how to talk to customers. After taking my car in for a noise... he tell me that it the sun glass in the glove box making the noise...(Really? in still laughing on that one)..... I took my car which I only had for 2 months to Heritage Mazda they fixed the problem (and no it was not the sunglasses)...Called back to Thompson advised them of this and asked them if they knew there was a TSB related to this issue, not to my surprise they didn't...... If I would have known that I was going to receive such crappy service from them, I would have purchased my car from Heritage.... BUY YOUR VEHICLES FROM HERITAGE AND USE THEM FOR SERVICE.

Overall Experience

Fantastic Buying Experience! Mike is a superstar!
    September 5, 2016

Felt comfortable and at ease the entire time. Never rushed whatsoever. Mike is a true professional through and through. Treated us with respect during... the entire experience. Great group of folks!

900 Merritt Blvd Dundalk, MD 21222