3.0
  • Great Shopping Experience

Overall shopping Experience- 5 stars Just purchased a 2015 over Labor Day Weekend- my 1st Honda :) Customer Service- 5 stars A big shout out to Ed Selinger- You Rock!!! Ed was our sales person- and talk about a patient & non-pressure sales person. I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great sales person before & after the sale. You bet I'll be telling people about you, Ed. Just wanted to let all the staff know how much we appreciated your checking on us, including eye contact- that was great. We chose to go with the base model & was so impressed with what was "standard" on it- including all the leg room. I'm looking forward to a road trip for sure. Buying process- 4 stars The finance department could have used a few more people on hand as we had a longer than normal wait. We were also quoted 1.9% when we qualified for a lower rate. We were the ones that had to bring that to the attention of the finance department after seeing the published rates on Honda Financials website. We felt the whole finance aspect of it could have been a little more organized. Rated it a four because everyone was still very friendly. Facilities- 4 stars Showroom was nice & clean. Soda was good & cold which was very much appreciated on the hot day we were there. The cups were stacked and organized. The bathrooms were clean but could use an update.

• Rude Sales Manager

Called looking for a 2016 honda civic coupe. After the first sales employee stated their were many in stock and set me up with an appointment for the following day, I was shocked because no one in a 3 state radius had no more than 1 available. I called back and talked with the phone operator who i questioned and she said she would have the manager call me. He did not call me that day. The following day the first sales employee asked if i would be coming in for my appointment and i asked her again if they had any 2016 civic coupes in stock. She said yes and then after 3 mins she went to check inventory. She realized she didnt have a single one in stock and so she transferred me to the sales manager Mason. He said he would have 1 coming soon and i made a reasonable offer based on what other dealerships have been and he said "No way im giving any deals for this car!" and hung up the phone. Looks like they missed out on my business for a new car.

• Awesome dealership!

Honda of Illinois made my buying a new car easy and I fell in love with it even more because of them! I went in unsure of what I wanted. The sales manager Mason walked around with me point out what cars he thinks I would like to what I told him I preferred. Then he had Don (a salesman) walk me around to them with keys to check them all out. I ended up choosing the 2015 Honda Civic it is beautiful well taken care of and totally worth the money! Honda worked me one of the best car deals ever! I really recommend Honda of Illinois, keep on rocking on guys!!

• Service, where?

Purchased my 4th vehicle from this dealer last year with few problems, but have had continual problems trying to get basic maintenance done through their service department. Have tried to get an oil change three times only to find out they were too busy, didn't respond to my service request and couldn't get in because they changed their policy and now only take people with appointments on Saturday. Might be nice to tell your customers when you make changes like that. Anyway, used to buy vehicles here because of the good service. I guess I'll go somewhere else next time and get a better price on the vehicle. Told the service person about these problems and got no accommodation.

• update; update.

another update on my experience with Honda of Illinois, most notably: the service department. today I took my 2013 pilot in for a factory TSB. I easily scheduled my appointment on line and brought it in. Rusty and Chris took care of me. I needed a loaner vehicle for the day and they were able to provide it. ( 2015 accord exl) then Chris called and informed me that my pilot needed a part and that I could keep the vehicle another day and they would have the part and the repair done by tomorrow. Wow! I cant put into words how much this means to me. I wasn't inconvenienced at all. they had a loner for me to go to work. (no waiting in the shop for hours) im so glad I bought a Honda! Big THank You to Rusty and Chris!!!

• service with a smile

UPDATE; I purchased my honda pilot in 7/13. It's now been 15 months of trouble free ownership...the reason for the update...I am still very happy with my pilot! ....SALES; I am currently installing running boards and I ran into a snag. Two bolts require a special tool. I call service and they said that they might charge for an hour's labor. No problem...I contacted my sales man ,Paul Gary, and he said to just bring it in and they would fit me in and take care of it. Thanks Paul.

• Easy and painless way to buy a car.

Thank you very much,It was my pleasure to help you with your car buying experience..Have a Great Summer!!!!

I called Gary on Monday June 23 and set up an appointment for Thursday at 10:00. Walked out 2 and a half hours later with a new car. Gary was friendly, courteous, and professional. Very easy to talk to. I would highly recommend Paul Gary to buy a car from.

• WOW!!!

You guys were great to deal with.I wish all my clients were like you guys...Have a great summer!!!!

The title should say it all. We purchased a 2005 Odyssey on 2-12-14. This was only 2 days after seeing it online. Paul Gary handled everything. We were in a rush to replace our recently totaled 2002 Odyssey and Paul made sure everything went smoothly & quickly. We live 3 1/2 hrs away, so you can imagine how much trouble the process could have been. Paul answered every question about the vehicle I could have asked & offered to get me any additional photos that I would like of the vehicle. It was such an easy process, it almost didn't seem like car buying. I can't say enough about the service. The price was extremely reasonable for the vehicle. Paul actually lowered the price to make it even more affordable for us. You can tell this is a company that prides itself on customer satisfaction & I am an EXTREMELY satisfied customer. My wife raved the whole drive home about the vehicle. I feel we got more than what we paid for & that's a good thing. Thanks Paul.

• Great Deal, Great Customer Service

I worked with Paul Gary and the deal went very smooth. He was very professional and detailed in his explanations. Would recommend to others.!

Thank you and Have a Great Summer!!!

Thank you and Have a Great Summer!!!

• Easy transaction

The entire buying process was extremely easy with great customer service. Thanks!