Bob Poynter Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

• Thank you!
    October 19, 2015

My husband, who is disabled, and I had stopped for the night at a hotel in Edinburgh, IN on a trip to Georgia. While driving to dinner, the battery li...ght came on. I found the local Advanced Auto Parts store, and they diagnosed the problem as a failing alternator. I had no choice the next morning but to find the local Dodge van dealership, which turned out to be Bob Poynter in Columbus. Vickie, the lady at the service desk, said that they were booked for the next two weeks. I must have looked desperate because she said she would try to fit our van in if she could. Not only was the van fixed by 2 PM (our latest checkout time at the hotel), but they provided a ride to and from the hotel so that I could stay with my husband during the repair process. I was so grateful that we were able to continue on our trip that very day. Having to deal with a disabled van and disabled husband was very stressful, so Vickie and the mechanics gave me a huge sense of relief. Thank you all!

Tech found bad connection to TPM ( Bogus Found )
    March 25, 2018

After replacing the PCM on my 2009 jeep wrangler, my radio was not working, and was informed that Tech found bad connection to the TIPM, I declined re...pair because the repair will cost $1,500 to replace the entire fuse box , later on after comparing other similar fuse boxes , I found a missing fuse M20 , replaced it and my car radio started working fine. IT A SHAME AFTER BEING LONG TIME CUSTOMER I FOUND THIS VERY WRONG DOING, just wanted to say I will never do business with you!.

Bad customer service
    January 6, 2018

I made an appointment to fix a service engine soon light and my fan would not switch between floor and defrost. I waited 2 weeks to get my vehicle in...to the shop for repair.. When I showed as soon as they opened. They didn't say much. Kind of acted like I was a problem. I had 2 weeks left on the after market warranty. I was called at 3:30 with manager telling me it would cost $650 just to get to the fan part. Warranty won't cover it. Also, the manager said the service engine soon light was from the gas cap and that I had a gas cap with a key and they had no way of checking it because they couldn't remove it. The gas key was on the key ring. One phone call and that is solved. When I arrived they had fixed nothing and charged me $65 for looking at it. I went to another repair location the next day and they fixed everything within 3 days and it only cost me $45 for parts not covered by the after market warranty. Don't go to this dealership!!

Wonderful and super friendly staff!
    March 30, 2017

The staff is great! When shopping around for cars they were the only place that I didn't feel pressured! It was a smooth experience!

oil change
    March 10, 2017

Very first in line for a simple oil change at 7:30 Friday morning in their "No Wait" line. Sat in waiting room until after 9:00. Missed one hour of wo...rk. No explanation.

Terrible Service
    February 4, 2017

My husband and I recently moved to Columbus IN and needed to get our car into the shop for warranty work. We were recommended Poynter in Columbus. We ...made the appointment and took the car in. Service writer, Stan, contacted my husband about the car informing him we had a large bill to be paid. My husband explained the warranty to him. He argued with him and they finally agreed upon an amount. When we picked the car up we were again met with Stan. Stan was unprofessional and rude. We left with the car and were told we owe more because he forgot our deductible. NEVER will we work with Poynter again. Horrible service and rude people.

Welcome to Columbus, we hate to hear your first experience with us was unpleasant. Sometimes it's hard to clear up information when there are so many ...moving pieces but I'm going to try. First never should a customer feel they have had a rude encounter with any of the employees here at Bob Poynter Columbus, we sincerely apologize that we allowed you to leave still feeling that was the case. We should have made a better attempt to explain the coverage provided by the aftermarket warranty that purchased from your local home dealership. Aftermarket warranties can vary on coverage, they are not a true Chrysler Certified Warranty and in most cases are not qualified to sell under the impression that they will "cover all issues and costs" in all dealerships in the U.S. In this case the aftermarket warranty your local home dealer sold covered percentages of your diagnostic and repair costs. We attempted to explain that to your husband and also suggested he may contact the dealership the warranty was purchased from and talk to them about what he thought he was buying verses what in fact this aftermarket warranty covers. Our dealership ask you to pay the remaining costs that were not covered by your aftermarket warranty. When we realized the stipulations of the aftermarket warranty on your vehicle were unclear to you we added a 10% courtesy credit to your outstanding balance as a good faith effort to help you with the unexpected costs. Aftermarket warranties, in most cases, can be cancelled at any time and you will receive any remaining credit left on the aftermarket warranty. Hopefully this has helped clear up the warranty questions and you will be willing to give our dealership another chance to service your automotive needs. Thank you and feel free to contact me personally with any questions you may have. Shaundra Sanders 812-657-7921.

Buyer beware
    December 30, 2015

Drove 3 hours to buy a jeep. Found a dent when I arrived and was told they couldn't do,anything about it. I had ask the day before if there were any d...ents and was told no. They blamed the detailer who worked on it before I arrived. After going back to cars.com and reviewing the pictures, it was obvious that the dent was there when the ad was placed. The manager said they would knock off $200, but if I wasn't interested, they wouldn't repair it and would just put It back on the lot for sale! Since I had no idea how much repairs would cost, I drove home without the Jeep. Buyer beware!!! They knew the dent was there and was just hoping I would buy it after driving so far. The whole situation was not handled properly and I will be contacting Chrysler about this dealer

brown county res
    December 17, 2015

i cannot say enough nice things about angie in the hyundai service dept. she has worked diligently to help us find whatever needed to be fixed on our ...2010 santa fe. we had all of our oil changes done thru her and she went out of her way to provide a loaner vehicle when needed and she is mostly the reason we bought a 2016 santa fe. another classy individual in the columbus poynter family is penny in the sales dept. she has been just outstanding to work with and even met my wife in the service dept, along with angie, when we had a minor issue we had looked at. with people like these two to work with we most likely will return again. thank you angie and penny!

Waste of time
    November 2, 2015

Drove close to two hours there and wanted the vehicle. Agreed on the price and was doing paper work. Then was imformed i could not put a down payment ...on the vehicle and pick it up in less than 24hrs. Already had money and paperwork started and was going to get the next day. They called and sold the vehicle out from under me. Ended up being a waste of my time. Wish they would have said they didnt take down payments to hold for less than a day when they i talked to them the day before. Wasnt a waste for the dealer but a huge waste if time for myself. They have nice facilities but customer service is poor and "policies" are poor. Would not recommend doing business with

Good Morning Thehonestguy, Thank you for bringing this to light and assure you this isn't the way our family of dealerships operates. If you would b...e so kind to shoot me a quick email or phone call at one of following to further discuss the situation so no customer has this happen to them going forward. lsolomon@bobpoynter.com 812-372-2575 Ext 113 Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you. Les Solomon Bob Poynter Columbus

Great job
    March 24, 2015

i love it here at bob poynter they give me the best service and price around. especially the express lane. that's what nakes bob poynter. the young me...n Dalton, and kyle were such good workers and had great smiles need to give them boys a raise! thank you all.

Bob Poynter Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM