Dave's Economy Auto Center

4.3
  • Great Experience!

I am glad to hear it was a great experience for you and how comfortable you were. I was glad we were able to get the financing for you. Don

Bought my first car here. It was a great experience. I don't know a lot about buying a used car, but here I felt comfortable and confident with my purchase. I did a lot of research on the car and dealership. Happy with my car.

• Nice People to work with

I had a very positive buying experience at Dave's. Don was very helpful with finding me financing and the whole process has gone smoothly. Thank you Don!

• Customer Service was Little too none, sadly.

We came all the way across town to check out this place because it had advertised on cars.Com three cars that I was interested in. I had and have the money to purchase one of the cars today but due to the lack of customer service, I decided I will take my business elsewhere. It took about ten minutes for anyone to even come out to greet us and see what we were interested in and we were the only ones there looking at that time. When the salesman decided to check on us he was less than enthused to engage with us. I don't even know his name because he never told us. We had to ask all the questions about each car that we were interested in. He did open every car that we were interested in, to let us check them out but other than that no conversation was made. Not sure why we got treated this way but it was not a good experience.

Usedcarshopper, Sorry if you feel like it took to long for someone to help you as a lot of the time there is only one person here and he may have been on the phone. We have never had a review where someone stated we were unenthused. Sometimes a sales person may sense someone does not want to be asked a lot of questions and they will just let the customer look at cars. You did state he was happy to open cars for you. All I can say is I apologize for any misunderstanding. Thank you

• Good people and very helpful.

Very Helpful even though I was just looking at the time. I think we will be back.

I hope you do come back. It was a pleasure helping you. Don

I hope you do come back. It was a pleasure helping you. Don

• I found what I was looking for!

Michelle, Good luck with your first car. I think it will make you a great car in the years to come. Come see us again. Thank you, Don

I have been struggling to find a car that was in my price range and had lower than $100k miles on it. Then I found a great Ford Taurus at Dave's Economy Auto Center that had everything I was looking for! They made the buying process so easy and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a great used vehicle!

• Great deal on a nice pickup

Jeff, I am Glad you were satisfied with your purchase. Enjoy your retirement !! Thanks again. Don

Found a great deal on a 2003 Dodge Dakota pickup truck - excellent condition - Don was a low key seller and made the deal work out very easily - drove it away within the hour.

• Easiest car buying experience ever

Britt, thank you for this review. I'm glad to have helped you in a fast manner and hope you will shop with us again. Enjoy your new car. Don

My husband and I have bought & sold 7 cars within the last 10 years. We've gone with dealerships and private sales. Never has it been so easy and fast than at Dave's. We already had a loan set up through a credit union, Dave filled out all the paperwork before we arrived (and it was correct). All we had to do was walk in, sign, and walk out with our keys. SO much better than the last dealership we used who insisted on running our credit through "their system," even though we already had a loan set up. That took four hours. Dave's took 30 minutes. We worked with Don. He wasn't the stereotypical sleazy car salesman. He was respectful of what we were looking for, gave us the best price and the cleanest car we had seen all day. No bull. They're a small lot and their facilities don't look like much. But it's seriously worth checking out.

• Great Used Truck Purchase

Thanks Dave for the compliments. I'm glad your happy with your new truck and the process of getting it. Don Armstrong

I had a great experience recently purchasing a used pickup from Dave's Economy Auto Center in Beaverton, Oregon. I worked with Don Armstrong who was quick to respond to my internet inquiry and my follow-up questions by email. I began my internet search and found this truck on a Tuesday; made arrangements to test drive the truck on Thursday; had a pre-sale inspection completed by a local mechanic on Friday; negotiated a fair price for the truck (based on the results of the pre-sale inspection) also on Friday; and drove the truck home on Saturday. I am very happy with the customer service I received from Dave's and am very happy with my new used truck. Over 30 years in the same location speaks for itself .... and Dave's a great guy too!

• Stay away if you want a knowledgeable salesperson

I went to Dave's Economy Auto Center to see two cars I had seen online and because of positive customer reviews. Upon arrival, I was shown the car I was interested in and the conversation went like this: Me: What do you know about this car? Salesperson: Oh, we don't know anything. No one gives us receipts for oil changes... Me: Well, what do you know about its history? Salesperson: We don't know anything; we just get the cars. It was a trade in. Me, in disbelief at these responses: You must know something; this is a product you want to sell. Was it a trade in to a dealer from whom you bought it? Salesperson: No. I don't want to argue with you. Me: Oh, so it was traded to you for another car on the lot? ...What do you know about its reliability? Salesperson: Oh, it's a good car. And on it went for a couple of minutes. The salesperson knew nothing about the car , was defensive as I asked simple and reasonable questions, which annoyed him. He obviously is not a competent representative of this company. I left without a test drive because the salesperson was rude and provided no information about the car other than it's cylinders.

Lizzy17, It is hard for me to believe you wrote this. I was trying to be helpful to you just as I am to every customer I talk to. As you stated, you came to us because of our reviews. I have sold cars for forty years and consider myself pretty knowledgeable. I did not answer your questions like you are stating here. The answers I gave you were not the answers you were looking for. I tried to explain to you that because of identity theif,people do not leave any information in their cars that have their name, address, phone, visa number,ect which is why I told you I did not know the service history. I will have to disagree that I was rude to you in anyway.

• great find!

Don was very helpful & friendly & not pushy. Great service! Love my new car!!!!

Thank you Cheryl. I'm glad your happy with your new car. It was fun to work with you two. Don

Don was very helpful & friendly & not pushy. Great service! Love my new car!!!!