• Terrific car buying experience!

My search for a new(used) car started two months ago after our family wagon of 19 years konked out on us on 80 East just outside of NYC. To say that I was not looking forward to the process of having to look for a new/used car is an understatement. In fact, I was simply dreading the idea. The thought of having to peruse endless online listings for cars that matched our needs and budget coupled with the logistical challenge of figuring out transportation to dealerships to test drive vehicles (no car!) and then having to go through the negotiating process with slickly-trained salesmen was...overwhelming. All of my trepidations and concerns, however, were assuaged by our sales rep Christopher Kinder who, by all accounts (mine, my wife and in-laws), was anything but the stereotypical car salesman and handled the sale of our car with great aplomb efficiency and professionalism. I first contacted Christopher Kinder via email after having come across a car listing while conducting a search for a 2009 Jetta Wagon. He was very responsive and answered all of my initial questions and concerns about the vehicle. Mr. Kinder didn't try to get me into the dealership "at all costs" but, instead, patiently responded to all of my questions. It wasn't until after the majority of my questions had been answered that he offered to pick me up in Tarrytown (easy train ride from NYC) and take me to the dealership. We thought this was a very nice gesture as most dealerships would let most potential customers find their own way to them. After about 1 week of back and forth correspondence our negotiations heated up and Mr. Kinder and his management team found a way to make significant movement on the price to make it possible for us to afford the vehicle we were interested in. We were especially pleased that the Mr. Kinder and his management team were not adverse to conducting negotiations via email correspondence and understanding that sitting in a dealership office conducting multi-hour negotiations was simply not going to be an option with us. The day before we arrived at the dealership we sent our car inspector from LemonSquad to the dealership to inspect the car. Mr. Kinder made sure the inspector was allowed to test drive the car, hook up his diagnostic computer and inspect the vehicle. The report we received from LemonSquad was detailed and thorough and gave us the reassurance that going to see and test drive the car the next day was the right decision. LemonSquad also made concerted efforts to make sure their inspector performed the inspection within the time frame we requested. When we arrived at the dealership we were greeted warmly by Mr. Kinder and offered refreshments. Our in-laws were taken to a client lounge and my wife and I were taken into Mr. Kinder's office. After answering some of our questions, Mr. Kinder took us outside to inspect the car and go for a test drive. The condition of the car was immaculate for a car with several years under it's belt and seemingly heavy use. Everything worked as advertised and any faults that we noticed had been previously disclosed to us by Mr. Kinder. No surprises are the best surprises. We also received similar professional service from John Tenore who handled the financial documentation in a quick, expedient and professional manner. The car was everything (and more) Mr. Kinder said it was and we were are very happy with our purchase. The service we received was excellent, efficient and professional. All in all, we had a terrific buying experience and we all would suggest that anyone looking for a Volvo, Mazda or used vehicle go ask for Mr. Christopher Kinder at Palisades Volvo.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review. I am delighted to hear that you had a all around positive experience with our dealership. We take great pride in our work and always try to go the extra mile for our valued and loyal customers and exceed their expectations. It has been a pleasure doing business with you, and we look forward to seeing you again. Regards, John Stillman - Business Manager

• This is how buying a car should be!!!

We loved the Mazda 3 and wanted another one. The car is fun to drive great on gas an sporty so my 20 year old son thinks it cool to drive. But I was dreading turning in my leased car not looking forward to the whole car buying experience. I spoke with Chris Kinder on the phone told him the bottom line of what we wanted.Chris treated me with respect and professionalism. Chris didn't try to over sell me and didn't use the old car sales lines that I can't believe they still use in this day and age! No fast talk no fake deals that are impossible to qualify for, respect for my time. Chris was clear and precise and the price quote he gave me over the email stayed the quote to the day we signed the contract. He also treated my son like adult and showed him all the features of the car. My husband who would sign everything travels so I do all the leg work and then husband will sign for and pick up car, some car dealerships don't take you serious when you do this. No problem here. We spend 45 minutes with Chris at test drive and then Chris handled all paperwork, took hour to pic up car but that included finance dept contracts, Chris setting up our phone with car and giving a tutorial of the car. Take note Sale people, THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE!! Thanks Chris Kinder!!

• Byer experience

Stan was very pleasant, courteous, knowledgeable and made us feel comfortable. He was able to answer our questions and made things clear.

• 5th Mazda in 6 years

I've been leasing cars from this dealership since 2010. My wife just got her 3rd Mazda 3 and I got my 2nd Mazda 6. First of all the cars. My wife LOVES hers. It's great on gas, and overall it's the perfect car for her. Each car she's gotten an upgrade as the cars have as well. The 2014 Mazda 6 was a car I got 3 years ago that replaced a Mercedes C300. Now while it would be unfair to compare the 2, I got more "looks" from my 6 then when I drove the Mercedes. I went in this past Saturday to see about getting a new lease as I had 5 months left on my lease with only about 500 miles to go. My regular sales person had gotten a promotion and moved to another dealership, so when I walked in I met Stan Rosen. I sat down and we went over my situation. Then one of the finance managers recognized me and came over and before we knew it, and with no negotiating necessary, I got my new 2016 Mazda 6. I could have gotten a 2017, but this car, being end of year, is LOADED. It has the feel of a luxury vehicle, and it looks even better. Black with black and espresso interior, gun metal gray alloy wheels, every possible feature and even a sports mode. I drove it to work today and didn't even mind being stuck in traffic...overall I just LOVE this car and I'm grateful for the professionalism of the Mazda staff - they gave me an honest deal up front so I didn't need to negotiate. SO my 5th Mazda won't be my last one. If you're considering one of these cars (and you should), give Palisades Mazda a shout.

• Nice people, good to work with..

did not end up buying from there, but they were good to work with..

did not end up buying from there, but they were good to work with..

• Mazda CX3

Can't believe how fast and easy it was to get into my new lease. Christopher Kinder was a great salesman. There was no hassle of sitting and waiting in the dealership and going back and forth. Chris was very upfront and professional. He explained my lease options and when it was time to pick up the car went over every detail. I love my new Mazda CX3!!

• C70 Volvo

Purchased my Volvo c70 here and services here as well. Place could use a renovation but services are up to par

• Customer Service - Service Department

I don't usually do this because I don't like surveys - they take too long BUT having said that, I am completely blown away by the service received from Jeffrey in the service department. This is the second time that I took my car to this dealership and each time Jeffrey has exceeded my expectations. His professionalism and attention to detail is what makes him an exception to the norm. He is an asset to Palisades Volvo and any organization should be more than happy to have someone of his caliber at their service. It was my birthday, so Jeffrey took extra care of wishing me well and making sure that the little things counted - and surely they did. I will continue to take my vehicle back to Palisades Volvo and I hope you do the same. Ask ONLY for Jeffrey when checking in your vehicle or doing your service. He will too exceed your expectations, especially as most dealerships only care about the bottom-line, not so Palisades Volvo....they truly value customer care.

• A happy camper

very well organized and efficient service department. I'm overjoyed with all aspects of the Palisades Mazda dealership

• Review of Service Department at Palisades Volvo

Immediate attention provided. Rapid turnover of automobile. Friendly, courteous, accommodating and professional staff.