McHenry Motorsports

Saturday Closed 9:00am–5:00pm
Sunday Closed Closed
(224) 475-3030 (224) 475-3030

4.2

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

1.5

Need more info.

I recently asked for more info on a car. I asked if they could send me some more pics and additional info, since I would be traveling over 60 miles to potentially purchase. They must have not read the email correctly, because the only ifo I received was what the ad already stated. However, they did respond promptly to my request.

Easy, no pressure buying experience.

We needed to buy a safe, dependable vehicle for my wife, while sticking to a restrictive budget. After searching online and looking at several cars elsewhere, we thought we'd have to compromise on quality in order to stay in our price range. When we stopped by McHenry Motorsports, Courtney directed us towards a few vehicles that were affordable, and we ended up getting a great deal on a safe, reliable car that my wife loves. The staff was friendly and casual, without the "salesman vibe." They we're honest and upfront, and willing to negotiate. Overall, it was a pleasant experience, and I'll definitely recommend them to my friends and family in the market for a decent used car.

Dealer response

We are so happy that you are satisfied with your experience at our dealership! Thank you for your business and the fantastic review!

4.3

My daughter needed a car for school. We found the ford escape from this dealer priced right. Nice people and the sales process went fast. I hope it last her awhile. Thanks again. Mike C

4.0

Very good experience!

When you look hard enough, you occasionally find a gem. I had been looking for the car of my dreams and found it here. Yes they have mostly older vehicles, but some times they get newer in, that's how I got mine. The person that helped me definitely seemed to care. He was willing to work with me and was looking out for me, and he was definitely a real individual. The typical salesman vibe was there, but that's just car buying. The place isn't much to look at, and neither is the bathroom, it's even hard to miss despite the car lot in front. Overall, despite the superficial, I really enjoyed my car buying experience here.

Love this dealership!

I purchased my Volvo here in March. This is actually my second purchase from the team at McHenry Motorsports. The staff is down to earth, honest, family owned/operated and never pushy like most dealerships. Basically this is a dealership for the people, run by the people. The sales team gives you a feeling of importance, and treats you as an equal, never as a dollar sign. They carry a tremendous variety of pre-owned vehicles and the best part is if they don't have something you're after, they go out of their way to track down an available (and affordable) vehicle that meets your specifications. The in house service center is an added bonus. We bring all our vehicles here for maintenance\repairs (even the car we purchased prior to finding this hidden gem establishment) because the knowledgeable staff paired with a cost unbeatable by any other facility is exactly what we desire from an automotive repair center. At the end of the day, if you're looking to purchase a vehicle and expect the best for less, or find yourself in need of repairs this is where you need to go! I highly recommend this company. Just stop in and see for yourself! You'll be glad you did!

Great dealership

We were there before they opened so it gave me time to look the car over by myself. Then when Walter came in we talked and he answered all of my questions with direct honest answers. While I test drove the car he talked with my wife. We liked the fact that we felt as though we were important.

GREAT CAR

great guys owned the saab for about a year great car and the service is only 45 per hour

Great Deal!!!

Got a great 99 Saab at a price no one could beat. The team at this dealership is so easy going, and fantastic to work with. Unbeatable by anyone else! Thank you!

Great Buy and would recommend this Dealer

We purchased a Nissan Sentra 2006 and We are very happy with our purchase. So far no problems with the car. Thanks for the fair price and would recommend this dealer to my friends.

1.0

What a mistake I made

Bought a Tahoe from them. One week later the service engine light came on and the transmission went out.