Carbone Honda of Yorkville

4.5

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Crappy dealership

I bought a car from them on October 14,2020. They have had the car back twice and I still have nothing but problems with the car. I try and contact the dealership and get no call back. I would not recommend this dealership to anyone. It has been almost a month since I have tried to contact and still waiting for a call back. Guess I will be making a trip there even tho they are the same way in person. The service dept all need to go back to school. I am extremely disappointed with the service I have gotten from this place. I will be taking it beyond this dealership.

2.3

2 sets of rear brakes later

I have a 2015 CRV, which now has 69,000 miles on it and was told it needed 2nd set of rear brakes. We have not left the parking brake on while driving, so do not understand why rear brakes have gone TWICE; but front brakes have not. Recently it started making high pitched noises coming from the rear. Brought it to Carbone Honda, who had previously done routine preventive brake service (clean and lube basically) at about 2 years old. Then last summer they replaced the rear brakes at 55,000. I have never had a vehicle need rear brakes before the front brakes went. Today they tell me it needs ANOTHER set of rear brakes, as well as front brake service. I paid their $120 diagnostic fee and took it elsewhere. In addition to this brake issue, the TPMS sensors never worked right, since it was new, which I had mentioned several times when I brought the vehicle there. Their solution was to over inflate the tires by about 5 pounds. I regret having purchased this vehicle.

Poor paperwork process

We bought a truck from this dealership on April 15th. As of June 5th, they never filed the registration, for which you pay many fees for with the dealership when buying a car. There is either an issue with the title which is illegal for them to sell the car to anyone with a title issue or someone was lazy and didn't bother to file the paperwork. Now we are unable to drive our new truck because the temporary registration expired. Our calls to the dealership go unanswered. Do not buy a car here.

Break light repair

I did car service from carbon Honda Yorkville for break repair, next week cop has given of ticket for break light. Totally unacceptable service. I won’t prefer service on this center again.

Great Salesperson!

I want to express my sincere appreciation for our salesman Evan. I could not have asked for a more professional individual to assist with the purchase of our CRV. He's the type of sales person that everyone would want to have; someone who is polite and patient when you're a bit indecisive, informed about the vehicle when there's lots of questions and willing to work with you to make it happen. He truly would be the reason I would return to Carbone to purchase my next vehicle. Thank you Evan!

1.0

Nice sales person, awful experience otherwise.

Still waiting on a refund from over a year ago after I bought my car. Have spoken to many managers and all give the same response "let me look into it and I'll call you back". This is after I had a horrible experience buying a car from Carbone Honda and had to speak directly to one of the owners to resolve some of the issues back then. I should be enjoying my car, even after they never buffed out the scratches they promised they would when I bought the car for over 20,000 dollars used.... could have gone somewhere else and paid less for something newer. I've tried being nice. But you can only push a person so far before they break.

Worth the Drive

My husband and I had learned about Carbone Honda in Yorkville from friends that had purchased two cars there previously. So on a whim as we were out in the area we decided to stop in and see if they had the 2018 LX CRV that we were thinking of buying. The salesman that we had was Carmelo Dainotto and long story short (Carbone had the CR-V on the lot) Carmelo quickly and easily made the deal that my husband and I were looking for. Good trade in on our 2015 CR-V and a good price on the new one. Bought the vehicle on Saturday and picked it up on Monday. The whole process went smoothly and easily.

great!

They make your entire buying experience a pleasant one. I trade my Odyssey every couple of years with them and they value my time and resources.

Great place to buy a car

After aminor hiccup they turned a very emotional situation into a great experience am loving my new Honda Civic , touring edition, was driving. V6 engine, going to. 4cyl turbo I was questioning the power, loving it. Would recommend Carbone Honda to anyone looking for a new car. Special thanks to Theodora Stratos , assistant general mgr and John Frye business manager.

Pilot

I purchased a Honda Pilot Elite last week that I feel is an excellent vehicle. Alex, who was my salesman, was very professional and extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of the vehicle. I would certainly recommend him to anyone considering the purchase of a vehicle from Carbone. Everyone I worked with was very personable and helpful... which was definitely a pleasant experience.