Crown Toyota Volkswagen

Sunday Closed Closed
New (785) 318-9253 (785) 318-9253
Used (785) 371-4521 (785) 371-4521
Service (785) 371-1018 (785) 371-1018

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

great experience

Charlie is fantastic. Did everything right. Simple contact, no pressure, fair price, quick vehicle delivery with no surprises. a no nonsense experience that was as it should be.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review, Heather! We are happy to hear about your experience with Charlie.

Where I shop

I have bought several cars from Crown Toyota. I always go back. Joe Higdon is my salesman. Love this guy!! If he doesn't have what I want, I wait until he does.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review, Jamie! We are happy to hear about your experience with Joe.

Great Used Car buying experience at Crown VW

We had a great experience working with Van Thompson and the team at Crown Volkswagen in Lawrence to purchase a 2017 Tiguan Limited. Van was straight forward, helpful, and professional. No hard sell, just good information and an honest approach to our needs. Thanks you, Van!

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear about your experience with Van.

Car Trade in

I was in desperate need of an upgrade from my 2002 camry that I used throughout most of high school, I recently got promoted and was in a position to finally get a car, but I had never before done it through a dealership. I went after work and arrived on a weekday with less than an hour before close hoping I could get in for a test drive. Tristan took care of me and found the car I was interested in right away! we did a quick test drive and talked just about our lives with no pressure ever coming into the conversation about a purchase, he met with me quickly afterwards never pressuring me to do anything, but also showing some care that I am getting everything I want. I went through my bank and needed to clear things with them the next day afterwards I wanted to double check I had everything I needed and Tristan was answering any questions I had via text message. The dealership ended up being the easiest part of my whole experience because I got the car the next day. If you get a chance talk to Tristan and also Chase in Finance both are really cool guys!

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review, Carlos! We are so happy to hear about your experience with Tristan and Chase. Enjoy your new ride!

Exemplary service

I don't care for automobiles, and I don't even think the gasoline engine had any business being invented. Regardless, I have to use one, and I am glad I am using the one I purchased from Crown Toyota on October 12, 2019. Myk and Chase were very helpful. I don't know why I wouldn't recommend them and this car dealership, so here we go: I recommend Crown Toyota of Lawrence, Kansas. My only point of comparison is the Kia place in Lawrence, but they do unbearably embarrassing stunts with gongs and announcements like some sort of car-dealing Applebee's; the Kia place may even sing you happy birthday. Crown Toyota of Lawrence focuses on cars instead, and they helped me immensely.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review, Taylor! We are pleased to hear about your experience with Myk and Chase.

Great people, Great service

I love my 2021 Atlas Cross Sport! Working with Tristan made the experience of getting my car extremely easy. You can tell he really cares about getting his customers the best deal. After test driving a few options, I needed to go back to work. Tristan took the time to continue texting me options and going over my exact desires in a vehicle over text message throughout the day, and I was able to grab my vehicle that evening. Thank you Tristan and thank you Crown for my new wheels! I am in love!

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review, Deanna! We are happy to hear about your experience with Tristan. Enjoy your new Atlas Cross Sport!

Great experience

We worked with Charlie, Jacob and Dallas through the course of the last month. We were not in a position to buy yet, but Charlie and Jacob made it possible. They were very professional, were knowledgeable about their vehicles, and most of all treated us like family. We were not able to travel to pick up our new Atlas due to Covid so Charlie personally delivered the car and went over all the features. We are able to call him with questions and that is something we love. He followed up with us and was an all around awesome guy to work with! We wouldn’t recommend any other dealership because we have never been treated so well! If you’re in the market and looking at Crown, you’re making a great choice! Thank you all for everything!

Dealer response

Thank you for your review, Randi! We are happy to hear about your experience with Charlie, Jacob, and Dallas. Enjoy your new Atlas!

Excellent Service with Myk!

We went to Crown Toyota on a whim after finding a Chevy Equinox on their lot that was just what I was looking for. Myk was very knowledgeable about the vehicle, very friendly to talk to during our test drive, and listened to our concerns about trading our current vehicle. Definitely would work with Myk in the future!

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review, Megan! We are happy to hear about your experience with Myk.

1.0

Fraud/Up-selling scams

Today I went to Crown Toyota Dealership in Lawrence, Kansas, because the 2015 Toyota Highlander, that I had purchased from them in March 2020 was making whirring noises in the engine. After waiting over two hours, the Maintenance Staff informed me that I would need to replace the engine, which was well over $5,000, or I could talk to the Sales Representatives about doing a trade-in. However, after speaking to the Sales Department, they could only find similar vehicles in the price range of $22,000. The purchase price of my highlander was over $19,000. Trading into a higher priced vehicle will increase my payment, which I cannot do. I trusted Toyota to pull through with being the best and was sadly scammed into buying a broken Highlander and now the Sales Staff is trying to sell me a more expensive vehicle! My Highlander has less than 100,000 miles on it and is only five years old! It should not be having any major mechanical issues, such as engine problems. The Crown Dealership even had me sign paperwork saying that the vehicle was mechanically sound and checked by their Maintenance Staff, which included the engine. I was told by the Maintenance Staff that the issue with the engine “could not have been for-seen.” I have already paid over $3,500, including a $1,000 down payment on the Highlander, and yet the best they could do was replace my engine for over $5,000 or trade me in for a more expensive vehicle? I feel that Toyota is not standing up to their name, which is to be the best long lasting vehicles around.

Dealer response

Thank you for your feedback, Katrina. Our owner has left you a message and looks forward to hearing back.

Great experience

I was blessed to run into Charlie when looking for a vehicle a couple weeks ago. He answered my questions thoroughly and I felt confident I was getting a good vehicle at a good price. When I had a minor issue a few days later, Charlie immediately got it taken care of. Will definitely be back in the future and highly recommend to others.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review, Lee! We are pleased to hear about your experience with Charlie. Enjoy your new ride!