Crown Toyota Volkswagen

Sunday Closed Closed
New (785) 318-9253 (785) 318-9253
Used (785) 371-4521 (785) 371-4521
Service (785) 371-1018 (785) 371-1018

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Great place to buy a car from. Nile's my salesman was...

Great place to buy a car from. Nile's my salesman was very nice and helpful and got things done fast. Even though they just got the car in and hadn't checked it out yet they still inspected it after my buying it and did about $1000 dollars in repairs for free. The price of the car was in market range and the financing was really simple and reasonable, they found a great bank and great rate. Dallas the finance manager was easy to talk to, listened to my concerns and honest. Everyone I encountered there was pleasant and helpful. Will probably buy there again in future. Highly recommended.

Dealer response

Thank you for the 5 stars! We are pleased to hear about your experience with Nile and Dallas. We appreciate your business. Enjoy your new ride!

Great Experience!

Joe and Josh were amazing to work with!! No pressure. Clearly explained everything. Made sure we understood how everything worked in the car and hooked up our phones!

Dealer response

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are pleased to hear about your experience with both Joe and Josh.

Probably the BEST car dealer experience of my life

I did a lot of the work ahead of time, pre-qualified online, did all my research so that I had my ducks lined up when I contacted them. I got paired up with Van Thompson (that lucky son-of-a-gun) and he was great to work with. I have nothing to say but good things about the way he deals with people, about his professional demeanor, and his overall personality. He's not pushy, is understanding and considerate . Also, Dallas Summers, the finance manager who worked with was great! I got the deal I wanted on the car I wanted, without the hassle or (too) hard upsell for extras. Hey, a dealership has to make a living too, I get it. You owe it to YOURSELF to do some of the work upfront, and to be honest with them (and yourself) about your deal. It makes car deals much easier if you have a basic understanding of financial math (and are not expecting the dealership to hold you hands and figure out what you really can afford). That's NOT their job. Considering what's going on in the industry, I can certainly recommend Van, Dallas, and Crown Automotive with high praise. It was one of the best, if not the best, experience with a dealership in my car-buying career. Definitely check Crown Automotive out, and ask for Van and Dallas!

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review, Gary! We are so pleased to hear about your experience with Van and Dallas. Enjoy your new ride!

Easy Car Buying Experience!!

Highly recommend Crown Toyota in Lawrence! Very easy to work with, low pressure... they made things simple. Charlie Ross was great to work with and was an excellent communicator!

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We are pleased to hear about your experience with Charlie.

Great service from Jaydn at Crown Toyota

Jaydn did an excellent with initial sale and with follow up afterwards. She explained and showed difference in models and was very knowledgeable and helpful.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear about your experience with Jadyn.

1.0

Dont plan on buying here if your credit isnt prist

I knew my credit wasn't great, recently divorced so, you know. The salesman was very nice, took all my info and said hed be right back. Few minutes, here he comes with I'm guessing, his manager. His manager sits at salesman desk and the salesman stands about 8 ft away as if standing guard, it felt like. The manager doesnt introduce himself just starts by telling me I need to start real small after I get my credit straightened out. I'm guessing that was a "holy moly no way any body could sell you a car with your financial mess". He didnt say that but I felt like he was disgusted I even applied for credit. So, if you dont want to feel like a total reject, dont go here, unless your credit is good.

Dealer response

Thank you for your feedback, Sandra. We apologize for your experience. A manager will be reaching out to go over your visit.

good service

I didn't plan on purchasing a new Highlander, but while having my Avalon serviced, I was browsing and looked at the Highlander on the showroom floor. I noticed the ease of getting in and out and thought about how nice it was compared to the Avalon not to mention all of the safety devices. After getting home I told my wife about the Highlander. I asked my wife if she would like to go look at it because I had a few questions I would like to check on. When returned and asked the sales person if their was a brochure she replied and she said sorry, but she was a walking brochure. Highly versed on all the questions I had and became very interested. We worked out the deal to my satisfaction and has been very helpful ever since on any question since we purchased the Highlander.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We are pleased to hear about your experience here at Crown. Enjoy your Highlander!

Toyota

Pete James was great to work with, easy, no pressure sale. The whole process, from start to finish, was a breeze!!! Thank you Crown Automotive!!

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review, Lesa! We are happy to hear about your experience with Pete. Enjoy your new ride!

Toyota Tacoms

My wife and I were dropping off her Toyota van for some minor body work at Crown Toyota -Volkswagen in Lawrence Kansas. My 2003 Tacoma had over 270,000 miles on it and my 2007 Prius has 266,000 miles. I was thinking of replace the Prius, so I walked into the showroom floor to pick up a few brochures. Not far for us was a salesperson working at a desk, I was hoping he would see I was looking for information and would asset. He did come over and asked if I had any questions and he explained why there were no brochures (COVID). I explained I was only in the information gathering mode and he emailed examples of the vehicles I shown interested in and one he thought might be a better fit for me (it was). My wife and I both hate shopping for cars, but as we left the showroom we both agreed, we like Charlie Ross. I needed to drive a few hundred miles with my pickup on Friday ant it was Sunday, so I decided to service my truck but it didn’t start. Once I had it running I found smoke rolling out from the hood. My wife told what I didn’t want to hear, it was time for a new truck. I emailed Charlie and said I need to look at trucks and I was on my way. Charlie walked out on the lot with me a listened to my needs and wants. I was very grateful for his experience and the depth of experience with Toyota. His response to my questions were evidence that he heard what I said and he was responded directly without the usual sales speak. I purchased a 4x4 double cab Tacoma from Crown Toyota. I love it and I didn’t have that awful feeling I normally have after buying a new vehicle. I will look for Charley Ross at Crown when it’s time to replace the van.

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear about your experience with Charlie. Enjoy your new Tacoma!

Great Dealer, Great Salespeople

Pleasantly surprised with everything at Crown. Traveled there from out of town not knowing what to expect. Very well worth the trip. Truck was better than I expected and I ended up buying. Charlie Ross was the salesman that helped me, very personable and understanding! Highly recommend!

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear about your experience with Charlie. Enjoy your truck!