Volvo Cars of Columbus

(2.7) 10 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used

2.7
  • Shopping for a new car

I researched the vehicles I was interested in. I was and still am very pleased with several of the Volvo models. I went to see used, then new. Conside...ring the product, certified was the way to go. I sort of got my salesman off guard saw him in the morning got price info, went to see my State Farm agent, I came back 4 hours later purchased the vehicle. There were some further negotiations to get everything on track. I now own a fine luxury vehicle, I'm part of a family with my life time power train warranty and the 5 year 75k extended warranty. I will trust no other with my luxury vehicle. Extremely professional, doing business was fun, if I weren't retired I'd have a new job. The products are tops in the markets. I'd make too much money.

• Great salesman, terrible manager!

Brandon was our salesman for the evening and he was great in answering our questions and explaining every detail of the vehicle. Test drive was great ...as well. Paxton was the manager and he made the whole experience terrible! He talked to us and Brandon as if we were disrespectful teenagers! It took everything we had not to lash out. He even raised his voice when talking numbers! With the attitude he has I don't see him being there long! He lost his business to new Lexus owners.

• Sloooow Service

I brought my car in for needed repairs. It took over 3 weeks and numerous unanswered calls to get answers on what was going on with my vehicle, Some d...ays no one not even a receptionist answered the phone. The female in the service department was very nice and the repairs made were good, but the lack of communication makes this place a one stop only for me.

• Bad service

My mom took her 2006 Volvo here last year and since then we have had the same intermittent coughing and sputtering of the car. We gotake the car back ...in this year in June and was advised we needed a new mass air flow sensor and also that the timing belt which they had replaced last December had slipped off and caused an issue with the engine which is when they advised to me that my mom would have to pay for it. They don't take pertinent notes within their service system. It took me calling daily to this location as well as the 800# to get a resolution. Car was with dealership for over 15 days..most of that time w/of a loaner car. So yes we had to pay to get the engine replaced is what they said, they said the car would not move. At every angle they kept telling me we would have to pay. It was only after the 2 weeks and numerous phone calls from me and the rep from the 800#and some investigating on my end did this service location say they would take care of it. Guess what, once it was determined they had to foot the bill we no longer needed a new engine, the car crank right up. No 10 hours of labor, no $6 thousand engine..a miracle right. Well not exactly bc as I stated the car is sputtering and coughing again and the service lights are on once again. It's a Saturday and per the service manager they can't see the car till Tuesday and won't have loaners till Wednesday. I tell ya, I just don't like this service location. The kicker is mom is shopping for a new car, wanted another volvo.

• Great sales team

I am in the process of purchasing my second Volvo Volvo of Columbus! When I purchased my first car the sales team was so knowledgeable! They were very... helpful when it came time to service my car as well. I am now two years later buying my second Volvo! Parker kirchinger has been so helpful and so has the the sales manager! I will continue purchasing my cars thru the Volvo of Columbus dealership!

• Great Job!

Excellent all around! The manager, salesmen, all service representatives, particularly ours, Melissa Gaylor, and the service technicians are all excel...lent!

• Great service and personnel!

I live closer to the Macon Volvo store, but drive to Columbus to Rivertown Volvo! Better service and personnel; they take of my car and family. Provid...e a loaner car and have better prices and workmanship. Great people!

• Great price on a new Volvo!

Volvo of Columbus dealership provided me a great price on a Volvo with 0% financing. The price was so low that I drove four hours from Florida to make... this purchase. If you forward your data in advance you will spend only a couple of hours conducting a test drive and signing the paper work. Recommend giving this dealership a chance to earn your business with a low price for a great car that is both safe and fun to drive!

• worst place ever!!!

I purchased a part on Friday for 215.00 and returned the part on Monday unused for a refund. I was told I had to wait for my refund, a check will be m...ailed to me because I paid with cash. I have never heard anything like that before. The staff was very rude, unprofessional, and didn't want to provide me with a receipt until I asked for one. I will NEVER used them again.

• Inadequate Services For Customers

A few years ago, Volvo of Columbus was purchased and moved to Jay Auto Mall. The Volvo Subaru facility is nice, but the dealer does not provide adequa...te services to customers while their cars are serviced. On more than one occasion, I have requested a loaner car and each time I was told there were none available - the dealer does not offer this service, but only recently admitted it. There is also no shuttle. There is no assistance at all for customers who do not have another ride available. This means spending hours of wasted time sitting in the dealership watching television. Fortunately, for those in reasonable shape and willing to take a long walk, there are shops and a few restaurants in the Jay Auto Mall area. Recently, while spending a few hours getting my car repaired (fortunately on a day I had free), I had lunch, got my hair cut, had coffee, and went looking for WiFi - all on foot. The person who cut my hair was surprised when I told her how I got there and she asked, "They don't even offer a shuttle?" No, they don't. New Volvos begin at a little under $30,000 and go well over that. Considering how much Volvo owners pay to purchase a car from the local dealer, I would expect some minimal services, including a loaner, rental, or shuttle service when I have no other ride available. I won't get it from Jay Auto Mall. This may be fitting for a place that is called an Auto Mall - cheesy "mall" level services. I won't go back to this dealership to have my car serviced. Like most dealerships, the prices are high but unlike some others selling "luxury" cars the services at the Auto Mall are non-existant. I don't care that I can try to reserve a service appointment online, I want to be able to leave the dealership. There are other European car service facilities in town and I will look at those in the future. Every time I have my car serviced, someone wants to sell me a car. I am interested in a new smaller Volvo; however, I will not buy it from Jay Auto Mall. Not only do I resent the lack of interest in the customer, I have searched prices online and found I can do much better on price and selection by going out of town. High prices, cheap service - no, thanks.

Volvo Cars of Columbus