The Porsche Exchange

5.0 out of 5 (5.0) 31 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

• January 2, 2018

My experience purchasing a 911 from The Porsche Exchange was extremely positive. If you are thinking about purchasing a Porsche, I would highly recomm...end calling the Exchange and asking to speak with Paul M, one of their brand ambassadors. First, Paul was a Porsche mechanic for many years before the sales role, so I found his perspective to be very helpful when discussing build options. Second, he listened very carefully to what I wanted and provided detailed, specific feedback, as opposed to trying to tell me what I should want. For example, I knew I didn’t want to pay $2950 for the sports exhaust system, even though this is ordered on perhaps the majority of 911’s these days. Due to this preference and other unusual options I wanted, he suggested I consider ordering one with the exact specs I wanted. A few thoughts in case they are helpful for a first time Porsche buyer. (1) There are a limited number of Premier Porsche dealerships in the country. This is a designation earned annually based on sales volume. Porsche’s have far more options than most cars, so it is highly unlikely you’ll find one in stock that is exactly what you want. This means it may be worth ordering one, and if ordering one, Premier dealerships have more build slots, so you can likely get it faster (and at a better price) through one of these. I got mine in two and a half months. (2) Take the time to consider every option carefully. Paul was really great about walking around the dealership showing me alternative examples for each option. There are so many options. It’s worth going to a dealership that has all the variations there so you can see them in person. (3) Consider getting the GT Sport Steering Wheel with multi-function and the SportDesign side mirrors painted in the car’s color, instead of the regular multi-function wheel and Standard design auto-dimming mirrors. Note also the Carrera 4 is wider (72.9” x vs 71.2”) and the GTS is lower (0.4”), in case these matter. For example, you especially might want to consider the Front Axle Lift Suspension option on the GTS depending on where you drive. (4) It’s hard to find manual transmissions, and IMO it’s the only way to go. Yes, the PDK is better on a track, but I’m not into that and the manual really is excellent in terms of the driving experience. (5) If going in to actually purchase, be prepared in advance to discuss the following: (a) a pre-paid maintenance plan for up to 5 years/50k miles, (b) extended warranties, up to 10 years/100k miles, with a $250 or $100 deductible (the later is zero if work is done at the dealership of purchase), but also separate coverage options for tires, dents, etc.. Personally, I found the terms compelling for the 10yr/75k Porsche Platinum Protection Plan but not the others. FWIW I generally do not consider extended warranties on anything worth it. (c) a clear bra, which is a 3M urethane film to protect the paint finish of the car. There are a few options in terms of how much of the car to cover. I like covering the full front (i.e., full, not partial hood) and you could consider wrapping the rear bumper as well (I didn’t). I wasn’t sure if I’d be happy with how this would look, but they did a really excellent job with it. It isn’t noticeable at all. I’m glad I had them add this. If uncertain, ask to see cars with the different variations and without it. (d) cilajet to protect the interior/exterior. Personally, I'm a no on that. (6) Sign up online for Porsche Car Connect before picking up your car so that you have the installation code ready to go for them to program before you leave, otherwise you’ll need to go back a few days later once you figure this out. So, regarding all these things, I’d recommend doing your own research in advance and knowing what you might want, what you don’t, and what the alternative options may or may not be worth to you. Overall, a great experience – thanks Paul, Michael, Rocco, Tony, and Bruce.

Wow Jonathan, we can't thank you enough for sharing this very detailed review of your experience here at The Porsche Exchange! It means a lot to us th...at you spent all this time writing this very valuable feedback, and we want you to know how much we truly appreciate it!

May 14, 2018

My new car should have been detailed better. The Paint & Glass was in poor condition. Vehicle had been in stock quite some time and needed to be b...uffed out. I would not have delivered a $100,000 car in that condition. I think dealerships forget that this is a major purchase for some customers and that the product should be in first class condition.

April 28, 2018

If you are in the market for a Porsche, The Exchange is the only place to go! Everything about this dealership, from the vast inventory to the very k...nowledgeable sales staff, makes buying a high end vehicle a pleasant experience. Nick Kopp went above and beyond to make sure my transaction was as smooth and streamlined as possible working around my busy schedule. I’ll be back sooner than later to make another vehicle purchase.

April 15, 2018

Extremely helpful at finding the right car for me. I would recommend them to my friends and will return there myself in the future for another car.

April 6, 2018

Picked up a very nice Cayenne GTS from Peter at The Porsche Exchange. The process was smooth and efficient from my initial contact of inquiring about... the car to picking it up and driving it home. Even though I was a previous Cayenne owner Peter still took the time to go thru all of the features as part of the delivery process. The size of the dealership is impressive and the largest I have been to outside of the one that sits next to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart. This is my third Porsche and I wouldn't hesitate to buy my fourth from The Porsche Exchange. Well done.

April 4, 2018

Great experience with a great group of professionals. Our sales person Paul was a former service tech who had deep knowledge on the car but also on ...service points. Very helpful. The finance process was, as is normal, a tedious process but Mike made it as painless as possible. There was one point of confusion that the GM tried to resolve by dropping a gift certificate on me, that really wasn’t what I wanted or needed, but his team made up for his lack of experience by turning my requests into a plan so we could do the deal. Also, I was interested in certified used and their inventory was superior to any other dealership. The operational staff had my Cayenne loaded with iPass, city sticker and trunk contents so the process was very efficient. Appreciate the attention to details and I highly recommend The Porsche Exchange!

April 2, 2018

Casey and the rest of the service team are great. They service my Panamera and 911 Turbo S . They take the long term view in keeping good relationship...s with their customers. Nick in sales also keeps in touch and is great to work with.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback, it means a lot to all of us, and especially Casey and Nick! We truly appreciate your busine...ss!

March 30, 2018

Marke bought 8 Porsche’s over the past 15 years and they continue to earn my business. Their service is consistently excellent and they have a great s...taff that takes care of customers consistently so it’s always a pleasant experience

Thanks so much for your continued business over the last 15 years, it means the world to us. We look forward to taking care of you for the next 15 yea...rs and beyond!

March 28, 2018

Just had my one-year service on my 911 TTS, and it couldn't have gone better. From hospitality, to efficiency, to knowledge and help, A+ in every way.... Thanks especially to Tony B. in service. And, because of the great experiences I've had with Paul M. in sales as well as Rocco in working out the costs, I'm also about to take delivery on a 2nd P-car. Thank you for taking care of this customer so well!

It's truly our pleasure Alan! Please remember that we are always here for you, and Tony, Paul and Rocco are glad to help you out in each of their resp...ective departments!

March 27, 2018

Really, why go anywhere else? These guys are true professionals - from management, sales & service! Thank you very much to all of you and all that y...ou do!

You are too kind Arthur! We must say that we agree with your opening line :)

The Porsche Exchange