University Subaru Inc

4.5

Best Dealership in Columbia

If you want a dealership you can trust and a great car buying experience then this is where you need to go. Kam and JR are outstanding and this is just a wonderful place to buy a car.

Dealer response

Hi, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! If you have any additional needs or questions, we will be more than happy to assist you! Safe travels!

Mr cricchio

Fantastic, friendly. Professional, courteous, clean facility

Dealer response

Hi Joe, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! If you have any additional needs or questions, we will be more than happy to assist you! Safe travels!

1.0

Worst experience of my life!

Took my forester there for a oil consumption test and right out of the gate the general manager treated me with no respect and raised his voice at me when I was explaining all the bad experiences I have had at other dealerships and that not receiving a call back from a call I had made two week prior to schedule this appointment when I requested the service manager call me back prior to the appointment and she never did. The service manager raised her voice at me and slammed doors after I asked her for Subaru USA phone number and when she slammed the last door she used the Lords name in vain. I asked her politely to stop using his name in vain and she had a terrible attitude and snotty from the start. Fast-forward to end of consumption test. Took car back to them they said that the guy that knew what he was doing was not there that day so they put me in a loaner car and sent me home. The service manager she responded the next day saying they were going to replace the short block with a refurbished one. So they did the work. I went to pickup my car and the General Manager was standing at the curbe and shoved paperwork at me for my car and demanded I give him his keys to the loaner car back right then. I had not had even the smallest chance to get all my belongings out of that car to be put back in my car. I looked at the paperwork and there was no warranty paperwork even though they said there was a warranty. I demanded at that time to get my paperwork and turned around with loaner car keys in hand and went to the service department after telling the GM he may want to get the service manager on the phone or up here to get me the paperwork showing there is a warranty for the work that was done. He said she is off that day and I said ok thats when I went to the service department. I was back there no more than 2 min and in blasts the GM with his phone on speaker with the service manager. She is yelling over the phone telling me I am inconsiderate and a pile of crap basically that I would have demanded to get that paperwork now while I am there and not just wait till Monday when she gets back to work. I said no I am here now and I want all the paperwork I am entitled to now. I dont buy something with a warranty and leave without proof (just seems like the smart thing to do since they never returned my call to start with when I requested). Service manager starts taking the Llrds name in vain and having a fit cussing a swearing over the phone at me in front of the GM who is no better than her by telling me I am a piece of work and I am to leave property after getting the paperwork and to never come back and if I do they will call the police to have me arrested for trespassing! Even though the GM while standing there was so worked up out of the corner of my eye he balled his fist up and pulled his shoulder back like he was going to punch me! All of this happened in front of another service tech that eneded up helping me and printing the paperwork that his boss the service manager said over speaker phone that nobody back there knows how to print it out, only she does. Well service lady your service tech is the one that printed and found the same info that you sent me ina a text message. I have made a formal complaint with Subaru USA about them. Never will go back there a day in my life if thats how they treat women when they are alone.

Best new car purchase ever

Excellent sales team - informed and courteous, plus observed safety protocols that made us feel safe and valued. We got a great car at a great price. No pressure, no haggling in a quick and stress-free experience. I highly recommend this dealership.

Dealer response

Hello, we understand it's a big decision where you purchase your car from, and we are grateful to have been chosen. Thank you and we hope to see you again! If you have any additional questions about your new vehicle, we will be more than happy to assist you! Safe travels!

University Subaru Above and Beyond

Had an irreparable flat tire in the cold and snow. Found a shop that confirmed, but had no tires in stock. Called University Subaru. They didn't have tires in stock either but suggested I put the spare on, drive there, order tires, and take a loaner (2019 Impreza Sport) while I wait. This is the kind of service that makes working with a dealer worthwhile. They truly "have my back".

Dealer response

Hi, thanks for your great review, and for giving our dealership such a high star rating! We hope to be of service to you again! Take care!

Consistently excellent

Service dept is the absolute best. First contact was the way they helped my college kid with our 15yo Forester. Then a few times with my 2017. Then waiting while they removed a screeching rock from my wheel, I decided to shop. My first purchase from them now has been a good experience too!

Dealer response

In order to deliver the best experience possible, we try to set high expectations for ourselves. We're so glad to receive your positive review. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Marty W

By far the best overall customer service I?ve ever experienced with a dealership. I own my first Subaru and it certainly won?t be my last and I will definitely go through University Subaru again.

Dealer response

Martha, thanks for your great review, and for giving our dealership such a high star rating! We hope you continue to choose us for all your automotive needs! Take care!

Service Maintenance

The service is always thorough, people are polite and easy to come in and leave.

University Subaru Columbia

The overall experience at University Subaru was pleasant as always.

Dealer response

Hello, your satisfaction is our top priority. We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

5th Subaru

My 5th Subaru from this dealership. I keep going back because of the fair pricing and customer service.

Dealer response

We are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.