LaFontaine Buick GMC of Ann Arbor

99 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

October 26, 2020

I enjoyed the buying process and Logan took care of me. My wife, son and I really love our new truck. With customer service like this I will continue to... come back and highly recommend Logan.

October 22, 2020

Worst car buying/leasing experience ever. Where do I start? Well I waited too start looking. I went into the dealer and the rep found three cars in my... range and provided me the links and workup paperwork. I decided on a AT4 Acadia. The link stated it had 149 miles, but the paperwork said 1000 (have picture). I asked and was told it was a dealer demo. I didn?t think anything of it and decided to go through with it. It wasn?t on site, but they had me drive ?the exact same on in white?...spoiler alert...it wasn?t. The day of delivery it was supposed to be dropped off at my work (my lease was due) that day, so I was getting anxious. The delivery kept getting pushed back (it was being detailed-or they said. Found out later this was not true) it was delivered late that night in the rain. It was dropped off and my lease return was taken. I did not have a chance to look it over as it was not at dealer I worked with. I started to notice things right away. There were scratches and dents all over the suv. Smashed fries in backseat. I reached out with concerns and was told ?not a big deal? ?will make note in your file? ?we will get you out of it early? ?your not responsible for the damage? but no effort was made to fix it. Fast forward two weeks later and they start getting a hold of me for paystubs. Telling me deal is off without them. I asked for the SuV to be fixed before. They promised to take care of it, but wanted pay stubs first. I held out till the damage would be fixed. I then decided it was too much hassle and was tired or being lied to and deceived. I told them I wanted to return the suv and deal was off. I was told if I did this GM financial would never lease to me again. Somehow they according to them were able to ?call in a favor and got me approved without the pay stubs because I wouldn?t give them? Now they have ghosted me and will not return texts/calls. The whole process was a disaster. I?m glad I kept all pictures and everything in text. At this point it is clear that the deal is financed they think it?s over. But I?m going to continue to pursue. I spoke to GM financial who stated ?you signed a contract on 9/30/20? but have in writing that paperwork was not valid and I had to resign. I?m trying to figure out how paperwork that finalized the deal is dated 9/30 was ?invalid? but that is what GM is saying sealed it. I?m trying to figure out why the delivery of the car was later at night in the dark and rain because it was being detailed (but in later texts it is stated it was never detailed) I?m trying to figure out why no effort was made to fix the issues until they needed my pay stubs but then when according to text ?called in a favor to get it pushed through? all the promises made just went away. I?m trying to figure out how a link says 149 miles, workup paperwork says 1000 and it comes with over 7,000. Why did the original link go down after I made my initial complaint about the condition of the SUV? I called GM and was told to call the dealership of origin and ask for a lease buy back. 48 hours later they still have refused to call me back. So I will post all the pictures, texts, etc until this is fixed. I feel bad and this is not my style, but the dealerships need to be held accountable and ignoring me and backing away from promises was the wrong choice.

• December 31, 2018

Nice dealership. Everyone is very pleasant and helpful... I would definitely recommend this to friends and family.

January 7, 2020

I can get service anywhere, but it is customer service that makes you come back. Dave Y. in the service department epitomizes what putting the customer... first looks like, sounds like and feels like. Throughout the entire process, he made sure to initiate and maintain effective communication. He offered me a vehicle until my truck was ready. He shared what my options were and allowed me to make an informed decision. He ended our time together with a firm handshake and shared that if I had any further questions, to please feel free to contact him directly. Very pleased with my overall experience.

Thank you for sharing your response to Dave's outstanding customer service, Michael! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional... we can do for you. Safe travels!

December 23, 2019

This dealership will sell you a bad car and lie about it, Buy there at your own risk. I've been a customer for almost 9 years. I recently went in and bought... a 2014 Ram 1500. couple of weeks later I took the car to a local Ram dealership for minor repair and was told the wheel bearings were bad, and I was told me it would cost $1,800 to fix. The salesman Dave Hunt told me that LaFontaine would take care of the issue, however after they inspected it, he said there was nothing wrong with the truck and the wheel bearings were recently replaced at 100K miles and also accused the other dealership of trying to upsell. I ended up taking the truck to a 3rd dealer and got the same quote. When I confronted LaFontaine's salesman Dave Hunt, he admitted that they sold me a bad truck and they couldn't repair it because it was too expensive for them. Buy there at your own risk, beware of this dealership, Dave Hunt and his used car sales manager

Here at LaFontaine Buick GMC of Ann Arbor, we strive for excellence, and are disappointed to hear that you received anything less. Our manager would r...eally like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to Robert Simmons, at (734) 274-5751 or rsimmons@lafontaine.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

May 30, 2019

I would give all zero. My car I financed for 11000 then I have put 3,000.00 into it and there is another $1,000 in repairs I contacted a lawyer for it... being a lemon but because of the fine prints and minor technicalities it wouldn't hold up in court. So i am stick with a crappy car that I have only had since February. I put the first $3,000 into it before I even made my first payment

Thank you for your feedback. We absolutely strive to provide our customers with an efficient and professional service experience, so we are disappoint...ed to hear that yours was not up to par. Please contact us at (734) 707-9368 to discuss your concerns, as your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. John Millard at jmillard@lafontainemotors.com

December 30, 2018

very satisfied. Was an easy experience and dealer really help to get a deal done. Please look for David Hunt.

December 28, 2018

I brought a brand new Buick Enclave from this dealer. Several things stick out to me. When u first did my first oil change at approx. 5000 miles it was... low 2 quarts of oil. The dealer said it may be because the engine did not break in yet and then he said that it was within OEM limits. I was not happy. This was I would say August 2019. Today I have roughly 14500 miles on the vehicle and I took it to the same dealer and I seen the dip stick when it was removed and the oil was on the bottom of the stick. The rep. Said looks like a quart low. I would say more like 1.5 to 3 quarts. Regardless, if I’m buying a new vehicle I do not want it burning any oil especially if it is new. my wish would be that the dealer would understand and help resolve the oil lost issue. Secondly, when you buy a vehicle from this dealer I was told you get two free oil hanged and two separate tire rotations. Wellll, my first oil change this year the dealer said I did not need it because the tires were new. Then, in October the representative said the tires are stil new and I don’t need it. Today, I went in for a third oil change in which I paid for ( approx. 45 bucks) and I asked being they I did not get my free roatations last time would they honor me my first free rotation today December 28, 2018 and I was told noooo. If this is the case why advertise free rotations during your first two oil change visits and have the dealer talk you out of it. Not a good way to do business. So I am stuck with a brand new 2018 Buick Enclave that has Burt 3.5 to 4 quarts of oil in 14500 miles and the repair facility who tells me it’s eithin limits and have done nothing to check why it’s leaking other than put it on oil watch. The question is after this story would you take it to this facility if you had a maintenance probably considering my story???

December 17, 2018

Great and finished 45 minutes early Very honest that they were running 40 minutes late, but done in 30 minutes

Sue we really appreciate your feedback! If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help! Take care!

December 14, 2018

Dave Hunt gave excellent, professional service during my visit to obtain a new lease on my Buick Enclave.

Hi, we are so happy to read such a great review about LaFontaine Buick GMC of Ann Arbor! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for yo...u; we are more than happy to help!