Subaru of Santa Cruz

Call This Dealer

New Used

• Ask for Jeff Filiault
    December 27, 2016

I worked with Jeff Filiault from Subaru of Santa Cruz to finance a used Crosstrek Hybrid, which is the first car I have ever owned. I had already done... my research, test driven the vehicle several times, and had two cars of the same model bought out from under me. So when I went to Jeff, he did not have to press hard to sell me. In fact, he never really pressed at all. The guy was outstanding! I was trying to juggle financing with a remote cosigner, as well as buying from a distant city and only being able to manage weekend visits. Jeff helped me every step of the way. He held the vehicle for a whole week after I gave a soft commitment, and facilitated sending the paperwork to my cosigner several states away overnight (and near the holidays). After the purchase was squared away, he even drove over 40 minutes to pick me up from where I live and bring me to the dealership, all after business hours. I really felt like Jeff and Subaru of Santa Cruz had my back throughout the whole process, and I would definitely buy from them again. Tip: Do not buy any extended warranty, especially when financing. I love this dealer, but this is where they make massive margins.

• Subaru of Santa Cruz service department feedback
    March 23, 2015

I brought my 2006 Baja in for the scheduled oil change and mentioned that a heat shield was vibrating and getting worse. Very annoying and from on lin...e comments it sounded like a problem that was difficult or expensive to fix. The service manager said they would look to see if it could be improved. When I got the car back the noise was gone completely and I was not charged for the work. Excellent job.

• Used car purchase
    July 11, 2014

Probably drove salesman crazy, but it s my first car, other dealers wouldn't let me drive different cars, Greg at Santa Cruz Subaru took the time and ...let me chose the car I wanted not the car I didn't want but they wanted to sell me I bought an Outback, its the perfect fit...awd and cargo and power and great MPG !! Thank you Greg and Santa Cruz Subaru

• AVOID Credit Checks!
    April 9, 2014

They run/ruin your credit with everyone under the sun and your credit will take a hit for it. I never gave them permission to run my credit with every... bank under the sun! I am VERY UPSET my credit was hurt by their unauthorized credit checks!!! For financing, go directly to credit unions, instead. I would NOT recommend Subaru of Santa Cruz!

• Very good
    December 4, 2013

Dealr ship was very urnest jeff did a very good work Tank you

• Good Internet sales experience
    August 13, 2013

Easy purchase of a used outback I found on cars.com. Fast, painless, and I felt we were treated very well. Would buy from this dealer again.

• Go elsewhere for service !!
    July 26, 2012

Dishonest service. I had a problem since I bought my new car with the seat. I brought it in 3 times to get repaired. Turns out they were just fixing i...t so it could get by but never repairing the problem itself. When I brought it in the 3rd time, and when it was just past the warranty, they wanted to charge me for the parts instead of repairing the item (which they should have done one of the first 2 times). But now it's past warranty so they won't fix it. Said the piece is broken and not defective (no duh ... that's what I said the first 2 times). Go to Capitol Subaru instead. Further drive, but I think if you want quality and better service, you have to go to where there is more competition. As much as you want to give Santa Cruz business the work, the truth is that the quality and service from businesses located here is rarely up to the standards of over the hill because they don't have to be. Love the Subaru Outback though. I have the 2011 and I love the car.

• Wonderful service department
    December 22, 2011

I've owned a Subaru Forester for 13 years and have had it serviced at Subaru of Santa Cruz where I purchased it. Their service department has been exc...ellent. Mark Schultz, who runs the service department has been wonderful to work with and has always provided me with excellent information and made sure I received coupon discounts. The service department has always been polite and extremely professional.

Subaru of Santa Cruz