• Certified Auto of Roselle Park, NJ

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure doing business with you. Thanks for the time you took to write such a great review. We really appreciate it!

Certified Auto of Roselle Park, NJ provided us with the best used car buying experience we've ever had! On Saturday, April 29th, we were looking for a used First Car for our daughter, and the most important things were that it be reliable and clean. We went looking for a VW Jetta. Then we met Roy, who, along with Lisa, own Certified. He couldn't have been more friendly, immediately offering us the keys for a test drive. As we chatted some more, he did something I've never seen from ANY used car dealer. He tried to talk us OUT of buying the car for our daughter! While the car was completely safe and very reliable, the model has a history of sensors going off, which result in the "check engine" light going on. That might be disconcerting to a new driver like our daughter, Roy pointed out. He was talking to us like he would to a family member. That is NOT our or anyone's image of the stereotypical used car dealer, selling you a car that breaks down the minute you drive it off the lot. Roy said he didn't have any other cars in our price point on his lot that day. SERIOUSLY?!! We'd come from Queens, NY to Jersey to buy a car that was sitting on his lot, and he was prepared to let us walk...maybe NEVER coming back?!! The integrity, honesty and decency of Roy and Lisa was something we'd not seen much before in most people...let alone, used car dealers. To shorten this story, we still took the Jetta for a test drive and it ran beautifully. Everything inside worked as expected. It was also priced to sell. As Roy said, he's not looking to haggle. His job is to move cars, and if they're priced too high, they sit. Simple. Since our daughter would only have the car for a couple years, we told Roy we would deal with the sensor issue and let her know about it. Roy and Lisa then said they'd take care of some scratches on the finish and make sure a mechanic they used checked the car out, thoroughly, again, just to make sure we wouldn't have any issues driving it home. We could pick it up the following week. Roy and Lisa didn't have to warn us about potential issues they'd seen with that model, but it goes to the character of who they are. I don't really do testimonials, but if there were ever anyone deserving of having one written about them, it's Roy and Lisa at Certified Auto in Roselle Park, NJ! They won't treat you any differently than they treated my wife and I, which is wonderfully! You really don't see that every day, and as I told them, I would never buy a used car from anyone else.

• Great Experience!

I had been looking for a used car for my son and to serve as a back-up family car. After more than a month I began to think there were no good, honest, used car dealers anywhere in New Jersey. Then we went to Certified to look at a car that had, unfortuantely, sold about an hour before we arrived. But, we noticed a 2004 BMW X-3 that looked in decent condition. A quick review of the CarFax showed it was worth exploring. Then we met the owner Roy who could not have been more professional and honest assuring us the car was in great shape and he had his preferred mechanic take care of minor issues. A few days later, and great experience with Thomas, we drove the car home. It has been awesome - It's in unbelievable condition and runs great. If you're look for honest used car dealer with great prices Certified is the place to go!

Thank you for your business! We really appreciate the time you took to write the nice review. We hope to do business with you again. Please tell your friends and family.

• GREAT EXPERIENCE, GREAT PRICE!!

Thomas and Roy were very helpful and polite. I got a great deal on my NEW (used) car! I'd definitely return.

We are glad that you are happy with your car and our service. We try hard to please our customers. Thanks for the review. We hope to see you again.

• Repeat buyer!

Thanks so much!! It was a pleasure doing business with you again!! Remember us for your future car needs!

Came back for a 2nd vehicle from Certified Motorcar. I was very satisfied with my first car so I felt comfortable returning. I highly recommend the dealership if you are looking to buy a quality used vehicle.

• Happy Buyer

Excellent service, very friendly. Very good price. Im very happy with my purchase; toyota avalon 2008

Thank you!! Please tell your friends and family!!

Thank you!! Please tell your friends and family!!

• Great experience!

I purchased a Honda Civic and was happy with all of the services. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Thank you. We hope you enjoy your car and come back again!

Thank you. We hope you enjoy your car and come back again!

• Great experience

We are glad that you are happy with your car and that we were worth the trip!!

Best price we could find for a 2007 sienna with less than 80k miles. Owner was professional and friendly. Was definitely worth the 1.5 hour drive from PA.

We are glad that you are happy with your car and that we were worth the trip!!

• Best Car Buying Experience!

The best car buying experience I have ever had. I loved how they just gave me the keys to check out the car and left us alone. They were relaxed and not pushy at all. I felt like I was buying a car from an old friend. I will definitely be recommending them and will consider coming back myself when I need another car. Thank you so much!!

Thank you very much for the great review. Nice customers like yourselves make our job here very easy. We hope you enjoy your truck and hope to see you again!

• Great experience!

Thank you for your nice review. We always try our best to make our customers satisfied. Hopefully you will recommend us to your family and friends.

Awesome customer service, great deal, friendly staff. Owner is honest, which is a rarity with dealerships. I would definitely recommend buying your next car from Certified Motorcar.

• Bad experience

At the beginning was OK. Getting the key to check the cars by my self. Driving the car with one of the guys working there was perfect (he was very nice and helpful and explaining everything about the car) The problem was after that, at the office. The owner wasn't there and the wife began to treat me with a lot of indifference (completely lack of interest). I tried to keep a conversation but it was impossible to keep more than one exchange of sentences each try. Hopeless. I left. I got very upset because I really liked the car but after being treated like that I couldn't trust the way of running the business.

John, I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with me. Let me try to address all of the issues that you had. It is our policy to give the customer the car keys to check the cars themselves. We do not like to seem pushy or hovering. The test drive is accompanied by a sales person. Unfortunately we are a very small family business. (Cars are not my main area of expertise, but I try very hard to accommodate people, if I don't know the answer, I make a call to find it out.) The only thing I can think of is that the office was busy and I was there alone and simply was not able to give you the attention you deserved. If you still haven't purchased a car, I'd love for you to give us another try. One thing we pride ourselves on is our customer service and friendly atmosphere.