Classic Motors of Washington DC

3.4
Average based on 5 reviews.
  • charles binosi

i took my mercedes e 320 and they did a fantastic job, no one was able to fix it but they did, thank you classic

• They won't disclose problems (might even hide some

Do not buy a vehicle from Classic Motors of DC unless you take it to a qualified mechanic for inspection. I purchased a 1969 Oldsmobile 98 convertible from Classic Motors in July 2014. I really like the appearance of the car and I took Classic Motors word for the mechanical condition of the car. In their advertisement, they used phrases like “No real defects to discuss” and “Underneath car is dry and original”. After purchasing the car, I discovered that the car had been delivered with hardly enough gas to exit the parking lot. The car broke down less than 10 miles from the dealership and had to be towed back in. The transmission linkage had broken and had to be repaired. Classic Motors did repair the linkage and agreed to reimburse me for the $115 towing charge. All requests to receive this reimbursement have not been honored. When I got the car home to NC, I took it to have the brakes serviced. The mechanic informed me of several serious issues underneath the car, the worst one being a severely rusted frame that had been covered by an excessive amount of undercoating. Other problems include leaking rear end, leaking gas tank, and rusted-through shocks. I’m looking at repairs in the $2,500 – 3,000 range. All inquiries to Classic Motors about these issues get as much response as asking for the towing charges….nothing. My advice…stay away.

This is a quite ridiculous. The 69' Oldsmobile was one of the nicest ones I've ever seen. We heard about the complaint after the car was taken to a "JustTires," and driven from D.C. to Raleigh NC. First the customer wanted 10k$ then 5k$ then 1k$. There's always one a year. Only complaint I've ever received. Best Regards, Mike Kaufman Classic Motor's of Washington D.C. (301)675-1013 Cell (202)244-7555 Work

• Bad Experience

Do not take your car here for repair under any circumstances. Don't even call for an estimate. Here's why: I already knew what was wrong with mine. I needed an air injection pump. The guy quoted me a fantastic price, so I said I'd bring it in. When I got there the following day, he told me that, while I said I already knew what was wrong with it, they'd still like to do a diagnostic. "Fine," I said. After I agreed, he added that it would be almost $100. Since the price they had quoted me on the repair was so good, through grit teeth, I said "Go ahead." They did the diagnostic, and, not surprisingly, I needed a new air injection pump. Voice filled with mock regret, he told me that he looked up what it was going to cost to fix it (since they had quoted me a price a day earlier, I assumed they already had), and, it turns out that: "Wow, this part is really expensive." Long story short, he's now telling me that the repair price is going to be more than twice the price I had been quoted. Since I already had almost $100 sunk in already, I had one last question. "With a lot of places, if you do the repairs in the shop they waive the diagnostic fee. Do you guys do that?" "No. We don't do that." I just got my car keys and left --out the price of a totally unnecessary diagnostic. Steer clear of this place.

• Great front line staff

Thanks very much Ed. Hope we can do some business together soon. Kind regards, Rob

The type of dealership that defines service. Extremely cordial and knowledgeable front line staff. Great follow up on a car I was interested in. Would recommend to any one.

• service work done

Thank you very much for the business and positive review and we look forward to helping you again in any way we can

heard about this place from a neighbor, so decided to take my car here for oil change and brakes. they were quick, honest - really convienent good service (something rare in this area)