719 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Cloninger Ford of Hickory from DealerRater.com
  • Mrs. Kim

I had a very pleasant sales experience. The staff is still looking for a used truck. They update me weekly.

• Not A Good Experience

Trying to talk to these people online is like trying to herd cats-very frustrating. You will talk to one person, then someone else picks it up and you have to explain what you want all over again. These dealerships need to know that we have access to ALL the same information they have! And in closing, when you are going to tell your customer that their car (2015 Nissan Quest) is cold and no one wants one, perhaps you should remember that FORD makes a car (Flex) that was built on the same platform and is basically the same car. I felt patronized and dismissed and I will never go back there again.

Thank you, Rhonda, for taking the time to bring this negative experience to our attention. It is discouraging to hear that you had anything less than a stellar experience here at Cloninger Ford. Please give us a call at (828) 615-8653 if you?d like to discuss this matter further. Thank you again for your honest feedback and we look forward to hearing from you. Take care.

• Service Feedback

I scheduled a service appointment online the day before. When I arrived, they took me right in. I had lunch in the lounge with tables, which is nice since I was there on my lunch break. They provided recommendations and had me out in less than 30 minutes. Upon checking out, they made sure I was informed of an available rebate on my services. The lady assisting me from checking in to checking out was very friendly and helpful.

• "Top Notch Service at Cloninger Ford of Hickory"

"Two Thumbs Up" for the Service I received at Cloninger Ford of Hickory. I just picked up my 2005 Expedition, I had both Front Wheel Hub Assemblies replaced and the Rear End Rebuilt. Excellent Job, it runs like a new Expedition. I love my 2005 Expedition and plan to keep it until the wheels fall off. Since moving to the Hickory area, Cloninger Ford does all the work on my baby. The older I get the less patience it have for poor service and I can be very demanding. I know I give Tyler in the Service Dept. a hard time, but he just smiles and says, Mr. Lea, you know we will take care of that. And you know, he has always been right, Tyler double checks and makes sure all the items are fixed and I have always been pleased. If you demand excellent friendly service go to Cloninger Ford of Hickory. Doug Lea

• THNKS YOU GUYS

GREAT JOB GUYS . I HAVE BOUGHT 3 CARS & TRUCKS FROM U GUYS ,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. THAT WHY I KEEP COMING BACK.. THANKS AGAIN DONNIE

We set high expectations for ourselves so it?s gratifying to hear you had a great experience with us, Donnie. If you have any additional questions about your vehicle, we will be more than happy to assist you! Safe travels!

• Change of oil

No problem and Chad was friendly and helpful. The wait was not too long a Saturday morning.

• Most horrible experience ever at dealership.
    March 1, 2017

Walked into this dealership to inquire about a new used vehicle was talked interested signing for a car that was price right because it was at their auction. Was told it was in Greenville however he it was in Pennsylvania. Bought the car Monday received car sat, due to shipping issues, so I'm told. The car gets here needs brakes, rotars, bumper painted, wheels have been hit well 2 of them by curbs I suspect. But t the best is when I drive it down the road and the strong wheel shakes terribly when you get to 60 miles per hr. So the take the car decide to send me to get the tires. I drive 30 mins from my house to get tires and they only have 2 so then I have to plan another day to get the other two. Mean while they take the car back at the dealership and return it to me with the shake still on going even though Dave said they test drive it. So then they tell me it needs struts, this is a 2013 with 34,000 miles. So after all that I tell them I don't want the car, which the general manager said I didn't have to take a car I didn't want at this point I didn't want! They make me take my car back (the one I traded and owed 6,0000 at 4 percent interest. They made me take it back for 6300, and at 7.99 percent interest. So NO DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALER. This is only part of a the story more is they didn't call when they said they would. Dave asked me to come look at another car, I get there and the car isn't there. But the best is when I go to get my car back and they have brought the wrong one back from auction. Because un be known to me a person can just blindly go back to auction to retrieve any white car with out even needing a vin number....right! And last adding insult to injury, Dave smith said I'll get your car cleaned up and filled up for you. Now to be fair it was cleaned but not filled up just one of many promises not kept. So this who you deal with and how your dealt with at this dealership. And for me to write this review is huge because I'm not a writer or a blogger, I actually don't like writing.

• Worst service I've ever had
    February 10, 2017

Bought used vehicle from them. Had problems within the first week, took it in and they said it was fixed, replaced one of the coil packs. Drove home and started missing again. Took back this time for same problem. Had to take back 3 times for the same issue in the same amount of weeks. Now that my warranty is out 3 months later it's doing the same thing. Instead of replacing all the coil packs after the second or third time they Just did what was needed to get buy. Now I'll have to spend the money to repair it correctly and the are out a customer and I will warn people not to buy a vehicle from them.

• Service

Our Staff works hard to go the extra-mile for our valued guests! Thanks again for your business! Take care!

Service advisor Brandon Fries was top notch, he checked in with me twice while I waited and he got me outa there quicker than anybody before, as for the service, it was " the works" and it was the first time i didn't have oil on the door handle. Over all great job. Been in for service seven times and best yet because of Brandon.

• Damage done to my vehicle every time there for service
    January 26, 2017

This service Dept has destroyed the clear coat on my new vehicle, covered my seats with grease, along with the doors, dash and headliner. Tore my new transmission out and replaced a part instead of whole new transmission in a new car. Still not running right. Never got the grease out of the interior. Couldn't care less about the damage they've done.