Doan Pre Auction Outlet

Saturday 9:00am–5:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm–4:00pm
(585) 352-1010 (585) 352-1010

3.8

I thought I was buying quality...Boy was I right!

I think I may have been a little hasty with my assessment of the Doan Family of Dealerships with my last post. Before the post was published, I received a call from the Sales Manager of Doan Pre Auction Outlet, to see how my buying experience went and how things were going. He and I had a discussion of the problems I was having and he quickly worked to remedy the situation. Long story short, the 2005 Dodge Dakota was being repaired within a few days. I now have my truck back and it drives and sounds great! Thanks to the dedication of the Sales Manager, my faith in Doan has been restored. He was genuine in his concern and really wanted to make things right. In the future, I will be back to Doan and I will recommend them to my friends.

Dealer response

Hi Tim, Thank you for coming back and adding this to our reviews. It is great that we all were able to work together and remedy the situation. I hope your Dakota is running great and you are enjoying it!

1.6

Thought I was buying quality..... Boy was I wrong!

When I was searching for a vehicle here in the Rochester area, the first name that popped into my head was Doan. Widely known for quality, customer service and good values. Well, let me tell you.... a week after I bought the 2005 Dodge Dakota, the passenger tire nearly came off. The upper ball joint was really bad. That's not the worst of it though. The engine light came on and after visiting Auto Zone, discovered that the #1 cylinder was misfiring. I took the truck to a repair center and discovered that not only was the ball joint shot, the outer tie rod was shot and every plug in the truck was over its useful life. The engine light came on because the plug in cylinder 1 was not firing correctly. After visiting the Doan dealer, they were gracious enough to reimburse me for the tie rod end, but I was on the hook for the rest of it. And, get this, the problems are not over. I just found out that after two weeks of owning this vehicle that the muffler has a hole in it, one resonator box has a hole in it and the passenger side exhaust manifold gasket is leaking. Now I have about 500 miles on this truck and have put approximately 2000 dollars into it. I can not help but feel as though the Doan family of dealerships is laughing all the way to the bank while taking advantage of an unsuspecting public because they are leaning on the good name Doan, made by previous owners and dedicated employees. I would most definitely not recommend Doan as a place to shop for a used car in the future. I know I wont be back. Unless of course they were to pay for the repairs. You hear that? That's them laughing.

Dealer response

Hi Tim, Thank you for bringing this to light and I am happy that we were and to fix the issues.

Enjoyed low-key approach

I enjoyed the buying experience. There was virtually zero pressure. However, I asked that the AC be given a shot of refrigerant and the response was that the service dept. checked it out and "it was blowing cold." Well, no, it wasn't. I bought a can of refrigerant and had cold AC in 5 minutes. Why couldn't they just do that?

Dealer response

Hi Azibuck, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed the buying process and felt comfortable with your salesperson. I do apologize for the AC problem.. Not sure why that happened but I will bring it up with the manager. Hope you are enjoying your purchase.

Very Satisfied!

I was shopping for a used SUV and decided to visit the preauction outlet. I initially had my eye on one particular vehicle, however after test driving another, I realized it had everything on my wish list. The service was AMAZING!!! Joe and his team were able to get me into an SUV that I love with payments and a warranty well below what other dealers had quoted. I never felt pressured and all of the paperwork was completed very quickly! I am a very satisfied customer!

Dealer response

Thank you for the great review Nic! I am glad we were able to get you into the right vehicle at the right payment. If you need anything else, please come and see us.

Very Satisfied Customers

After visiting several nearby locations, using advance research from this website, we were pleased to make our final selection here. The representative was friendly, helpful, and well-informed about available alternatives. He listened respectfully to our priorities, without any pressure; we feel confident about our choice. To get a matched set of new tires on a used vehicle is great business!

Dealer response

Hi Smiling Seniors, I am super happy that you enjoyed your purchase here at the Doan Pre-Auction Outlet. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope you are enjoying your new vehicle.