Honda of Hackettstown

(4.7) 528 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

528 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Honda of Hackettstown from DealerRater.com
  • Hackettstown Honda- great place to do business

Paul Semhon was very helpful in making the process of re-leasing stress free. Having leased from Honda the past three years- I know I wanted to re-lea...se again. Many people were telling me the horror stories about turning in the lease and how I would not get the same experience with the second lease. I actually feel that Paul took so much time in making me feel so comfortable that I had zero stress about this process. Hackettstown Honda is the place to go for purchase- lease- trade etc..

MJ, thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us your feedback. Thank you for your recommendation! We are glad you had a stress-free leasing ...re-leasing experience working with Paul. Enjoy your new Honda! Please give me a call at 908-852-6200 if you would like to discuss your time at our dealership in greater detail. Thanks, Steve Tancona, General Manager.

• Amazing experience

Was in and out in no time. Rob was extremely helpful and made the car buying experience so much easier. They have so many options and I felt that I wa...s getting the no nonsense service that everyone wants when going to a dealer. No other dealer has customer service as friendly and helpful as Honda of Hackettstown.

Overall Experience

• Didn't want to sell me a car

I honestly feel like this dealership simply didn't want to sell me a car. We came in to test drive a car we had seen on their website inventory. Immed...iately upon driving the vehicle, it was clear that there was an issue, the car was super jerky and wouldn't accelerate. So they told me they would look into the issue and get back to me, as we were still interested in the car if it was an easy fix. A week goes by, and we don't hear anything. I have to call them, and they tell me it's being fixed and we can come back to drive it again, but I should put a deposit down. No thank you, the car wouldn't accelerate before, and you want me to put down a deposit to buy the car before seeing if the issue is fixed? So we go back, and drive the car, and the issue was gone. So we sat down to buy the car. They wanted to add a $500 doc fee (other dealership add between $125 - 250), plus a $185 etching fee (how do I know they were the ones that etched the vin??). So we try to negotiate, and they give us their "best offer", which is $100 off the list price. So we walk away. 5 days later, they drop the price online by $400! What?? They don't call us back. So I call them back, annoyed that they dropped they price well below what they told me they could 5 days earlier. And I offer to make another (very reasonable) deal, that is $300 off from their price (I still think the fees were ridiculous). They basically hang up on me. Another 5 days later, and the price drops online another $200. WHAT?? Ended up buying a better car from another dealer (that only added $125 for doc fees).

• Superior Service

We were looking for an affordable used car for my college student and found a great vehicle. The sales and service team at the dealership were outstan...ding, did a thorough check and got us on to the road the same day! Pleasant, not aggressive and great to work with. Great customer focus. I went there because of their continued excellent service

Overall Experience

• Overall good car buying experience

When shopping for my new vehicle I headed into Honda of Hackettstown where Rob Nyland provided me a very low pressure sales service. Rob understood w...hat I was looking for and waited for me to be ready to buy as opposed to pushing for a quick sale. In the end I feel like I got a fair price on my new car and with complimentary oil changes for life from this dealership, I'll be back throughout my ownership of this vehicle.

• Rob's a great Salesman

Rob Nylund was personal, professional and handled the process with great courtesy. I would recommend Rob to anyone who is looking for either a used ...or new vehicle.

• Silver lining

About a year ago I bought my first "new" car at this dealership. I thought then that they were great and a few months later referred my friend to them... and she bought a car as well. This alone was enough for a five star review, but it sincerely gets better. On Halloween, I totaled that new car after hitting a buck and having him lodge into my front passenger window. I was devastated because I had made some pretty bad decisions when it came to insurance coverage. A 2000 dollar deductible and no gap insurance felt like the end of the road. In a last attempt to save myself I visited Honda of hackettstown to see if they could help. I was not let down. Not only did they ease my mind, they got me into a newer car and made sure I made the right decisions with the bank and my still existing loan. fast forward 2 weeks I am happier than I could have ever imagined to have been that day. I am safe and my new car is everything I could have wanted. Thank you Honda of hackettstown, I'm a customer for life.

• Rob Nylund is the best, a pleasant purchasing experience

The amazing service began online after Laura Harris called me. Wow, she was so pleasant, persistent but by no means pushy. I chose Hackettstown Hon...da out of other Honda dealers in the area because of her. Once at the dealer she introduced me to Rob Nylund. He was absolutely the best!!! Loved doing business with this guy. He made us feel right at home. And Matt Furman worked hard to accommodate expectations. GREAT TEAM!!! I will be recommending all my family and friends to Honda of Hackettstown.

• Dhenz19

Fantastic...they will give you and tells you all you need to knoe.

• A very pleasant experience

Rob Nylund was a great help in finding me a used auto. very knowledgeable with any car in the lot, and was helpful in getting my insurance done. the e...xperience over all a the dealers was very satisfying. I was on the road in no time.

Honda of Hackettstown