Hertz Car Sales Des Plaines

3.7 out of 5 (3.7) 113 reviews

Call This Dealer

Used

• August 10, 2015

Was a smooth transaction. The people were very friendly

November 27, 2017

First of all Hertz increased the price of the cars just before my arrival. On one car price was increased by $150 (Rent to buy car) and on another can... price was increased by $300 (Certified). When I asked I was told it was done by corporate and they can’t change it. Later when I contacted rent to buy customer service they said dealer can’t increase the price on rent to buy and if they do I need to contact customer service. I sound sun visor bracket was broken but manager said price is included for that damages and can't be fixed. Before the test drive I asked Richard Ankotovitch about the marks on the tire and he said those are regular marks. But later found at Nissan dealer that tire is damaged, and it was due to car being driven with flat tire. Called Manager Lou on the phone who said nothing was wrong with the car when I bought. "A complete false statement". Hertz ran my credit check again even though I had pre-approval for car loan (2.54%) from Chase bank. New application from hertz had higher rate of interest (3.29%). Finance manager (Kiko) wanted to run a separate application and did not honor Chase banks pre-approval letter. Chase bank did not want to give me check as they were in partner with Hertz car sales and said they will directly send check to Hertz and Hertz manager kept saying that they need check. Chase customer service (3 different agents) and finance manager had multiple conversations, but nothing worked out as Hertz manager said they follow their own rules. Eventually Chase customer service agent said me let Hertz run the application again. But to my surprise rates were higher on new application. When I called Chase as the lender was Chase in the new application, Chase customer service was not able to see new application because it was ran internally. Finance manager was not willing to use the old application (I guess hertz wanted their own commission). At one point of time I was so frustrated with Hertz and Chase I thought I am not going to buy the car. But later I spoke to another bank (CEFCU) where I had pre-approval as well and they said I can refinance with lower interest rates within next couple of days. Another reason to continue the deal was because I can from 200 miles away and did not wanted to stay at hertz show room. Can around 11am and left around 5pm. Just for few extra bugs Hertz lost a valuable customer and future referrals. Had worst experience of car buying in my life.

We sincerely apologize for this, Susheel. Could you please copy this review and email it to us at socialcare@hertz.com with your reservation number (b...eginning with an H) and your vehicle vin number? We would like to look into this immediately.

December 2, 2016

I can only say that I thought it was a simply delicious experience.

November 29, 2016

Like so many have said before, this was a low pressure, no hassle experience. Brian did a great job of answering all our questions and showing us var...ious cars in our price range. This was the third car my wife and I have purchased from Hertz and we would not hesitate to buy our next one there. I hate the usual car buying process, but the no haggle pricing makes decision making easy - and the prices are very fair.

August 12, 2015

it has been a very good used car shopping experience

August 12, 2015

besides the little dings it was in very good condition. didn't feel pushed into buying, but it was exactly what I was looking for. Watch out for the l...ittle cherry bounding down the road. Beep Beep. True Red Mazda 2

August 8, 2015

I like Rich because he's genuine and is always fighting for us to get the better deal. Also, he did not put pressure on us to buy a car we weren't sat...isfied with. I like this Hertz dealership and I recommend it to a friend.

August 7, 2015

Our salesmen was extremely helpful in reviewing all the cars in our price range. We will certainly consider purchasing a 2nd car from Hertz.

July 30, 2015

Excellent and simple buying process. Wasn't pressured to finance through Hertz and felt confident that I wasn't being overcharged. Great experience al...together!

July 2, 2015

Wonderful, attentive, patient workers. Appreciated very much.

Hertz Car Sales Des Plaines