University Volkswagen Mazda

(2.6) 39 reviews

Call This Dealer

2.6
  • Straight Shooters

We knew what we wanted and we knew the price we wanted. The salesman was honest and was happy to provide options. There was no pressure to buy. We con...cluded the whole buying process in about 4 hours. Other Mazda dealers stuffed us around. University Mazda are good to deal with. Only downside was that we wanted an accesory fitted and this took a bit more time than we wanted (although arguably our timings were tight).

• The worst Service Center in Albuquerque

No option for zero stars. I live in California, but my daughter goes to college in Albuquerque, she has been driving the car there. I took my Passat f...or the 30K service, they recommended we change 2 tires, and i followed the recommendation. We had the car serviced because we were driving back to California. In the middle of the way the "Tire Inflation Warning" started to light up, I have since checked the tire pressure about 20 times, so there is something wrong with the sensor, after they serviced the tires and when trying to stop downhill it seems you are driving ona cobblestone road. I called them and left a couple of messages, I wrote them, they replied and asked for more information and then ignored me. They obviously dont stand behind their work. I woudl definitely NOT take the car back for service and woudl never consider buying a car from them with the horrednous level of service they have.

• disinterested

Sales person was very disinterested, and annoyed to come in on his day off to close the deal. No follow up from anyone after the sale. They also screw...ed up the car's registration and omitted my wife's name. We had our previous vehicle serviced at University for years. If this is how they treat a long time customer, good luck to you......

• Terrible parts department

I called in twice to order parts for my car through the University VW parts department. The guy taking my order did not ask for any personal informati...on to tie my order to. When I asked him how I would know when my order was in he told me they would call me. I told him I hadn't provided my name or number, to which he replied he had it and continued on to read my number off of what I assume was their caller ID system. I thought this was odd, but he promised everything was ok. Two months went by and I finally called for an update. The guy on the phone said they had no order placed for me. Now I need to take my car back to the shop, have the mechanic pull the seats off again so we can get the right part numbers for the parts I need. Completely useless people here.

• Unbelievable Customer Service!

I am immensely grateful for the customer service at University Volkswagen. Initially, Quinten, the service repair technician who was fairly new, told... me the repair for the water pump on my 2012 Volkswagen CC was not under warrantee and gave me a repair quote that was not within my budget. I had to tow my car to an independent repair shop, where it was fixed. Meanwhile, I called the corporate office to inquire about the warranty and they discovered the repair was still under warranty and stated they would call the regional office and set it straight. When I called the dealership again, they stated the Corporate office will pay for the parts, but they won't pay for the labor. When I was driving my car home from the independent repair shop, I received a call from Quinten stating they would pay for both parts & labor. I really appreciate the fact that he set things right. Yes, people make mistakes, but when they own up to them and make them right, ...that is integrity worth sharing and writing a review. Especially since I am on a very tight budget. I was also very satisfied with my salesperson, Keith who sold me my car & this experience although a bit inconvenient has made me believe this is a car dealership I can depend on to take care of my car.

• Great service department

I love my 2007 Mazda Speed 3, which has required no service in 9 years other than oil and tire changes. At 70,000 miles I brought it to University Ma...zda for a full inspection. They sent me a video review of my car's condition (still excellent) and a list of needed repairs, which I could see with my own two eyes. The price was very affordable.

• Great service team!

I had starting hearing a very strange thumping noise on my front wheels today. I couldn't see anything wrong with the car, so I decided to take it in...to University Mazda and have them check it out. Adam was very courteous and quick about getting my car checked out. Nicolas the technician, took my car and noticed I had a huge piece of tar attached to my tire. He was able to remove it quickly. Best service in town!!!! Thank you Adam and Nicolas!!

• Poor Service at University Mazda

I have three areas of disappointment with my service at the University Volkswagen-Mazda dealership today. 1. My appointment was scheduled for 12:40pm.... When I showed up, the person who checked me in said that all the technicians were out on the lunch break. When I asked him why they scheduled me during the lunch break, he said that they should not have scheduled. I hope that if you are not working during the lunch hour, in the future, you are not scheduling appointments during that time. 2. The person who checked me in mentioned that the work will be completed by 2:30pm and they will call me. I waited and after receiving no call, I went to the dealership at 3:30 to check on my vehicle. They have not started on vehicle yet. In fact, they have not started on my vehicle until much later. I am wondering if they are so backed up, in the future, I suggest the dealership to not schedule as many appointments when they do not have technicians to work on them. Make sure schedule of appointments and available resources match up. 3. Final and most important disappointment was they did not look at one item what the appointment was for. One of the items need checked is the ignition key. They just replaced the battery for the remote and did not even check whether it fixed the problem or not. When I asked them about it, they gave me an impression that they completely over looked it and did not even tell me about it until I asked about it. They offered me to come back for that item to be taken care later. It is Friday. I have taken time off from work. We were supposed to go out with family after 3pm. I walked out of the service appointment at 6:30pm. This is really a terrible first experience at the University Volkswagen-Mazda. I think Manager of this department seriously need to look at the suggestions and determine what went wrong and try to make improvements to provide better service.

• Best service I've ever had.

I took my car in for service and was met by two service writers. They did a walk around and advised me of what I needed for my car. They took care of ...me like I was family. The technician came out to talk to me about my car before he took it back. Thanks Sam, Allen and Tim.

Justine Thank you for the review, I will pass it along to the team as well Thanks you for your business! Bob Cockerham General Manager

• Thanks Nick!

Nick and Hubert went the extra mile to get us the car we wanted at the price we wanted to pay. This was one of two great experiences we have had in th...e last 30 years of buying cars. If you only sold Toyota trucks this dealer would be the only dealer we would buy from!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I will pass this along to Nick and Hubert Thank you for your business! Bob Cockerham GM

University Volkswagen Mazda