Bill Pearce Courtesy Honda

1.0
  • Worst Customer Service ever experienced

I will never use the service of this company again. I found the employee I worked with and his manager to be rude and arrogant. The worst customer service experience I've experienced in 50 years of dealing with car dealers. Furthermore, their website says "Plan your visit: People typically sent 15 min to 1 hr here"; which is completely different from my experience. I made an appointment 2 months in advance for a simple warranty repair and was told when I arrived that "the appointment I made was only with the service advisor" and not when car was scheduled to be serviced; and that they would get to it sometime between then and closing, which was 4 hours later. I feel this could have been accomplished in significantly less than an hour. This experience is totally different than I've had with other dealers. My recommendation is to find a dealer or independent that you can trust.

• Car only had problems AFTER we took it in

I went here to get my ancient honda civic checked up, to make sure everything was in good working order. The car has never had any major issues, and I've always kept it well maintained. They recommended a lot of work, and I said sure. When I got the car back, the air conditioning had stopped working. It had worked great up until they kept the car. So I sent it back to them, they claimed all the freon had leaked out. Now what's more likely, that it was running on the last drop of freon and I never noticed, or that they punctured the AC while doing other work? But whatever. I got them to put in an adapter so the AC would work again. They did so, over the course of about a week. Within a week of bringing the car home, the AC was broken again. Took the car back. They claimed it was an unrelated problem, so I paid again for them to fix the AC. And now, 2 weeks later the AC is definitely broken again. In the whole time I've probably driven the car less than 10 times.

• Confused, miscommunication, or?

We were searching for a specific vehicle. The make/model we wanted was listed for sale on Cars.com by Bill Pearce Honda of Reno. We contacted the dealership on 8/23.. We were told the details of the vehicle, and arranged a day/time to see/purchase the vehicle. August 24, we contacted the salesman, Sonny, via email to discuss our budget (Below dealership asking price, yet still above Kelley Blue Book ) prior to our meeting. We did not receive a reply from him. Instead, on the afternoon of 8/25, we received an email reply from Dave Moore, stating the vehicle had been sold that very morning, but offering to show us similar vehicles (that didn't meet our requirements outside of make & model, or fall within our budget). On 8/30, we received an email from Cars.com, requesting this review. We checked the Bill Pearce Honda website in order to provide accurate information for the review. To our surprise, 5 days later, the vehicle was still listed under "pre owned vehicles", as if it were for sale. Curious, I called the dealership. I spoke with salesman Chris Wootten, who stated he had received several calls about that particular vehicle. He agreed to check on the vehicle and call back. Chris called back within 10 minutes to tell me the vehicle had just sold on 8/28. Unfortunately, we just missed purchasing it.(We had just missed purchasing the same vehicle from the same dealer on two different days.) These are the facts surrounding our experience. Needless to say, we will not be purchasing a vehicle from Bill Pearce Honda of Reno, nor would we feel comfortable suggesting the dealership to friends.

• Grossly disappointed

I am so disappointed with Bill Pearce. We went in to test drive an Accord and found a salesman who "wasn't sure but thought" he saw one out back. From there he put us in the most basic model and "didn't know why" the dashboard lights were flashing. He was very nice during the test drive and let us test the car but didn't seem to know much about it or how it compared to the v-6 which we really wanted to drive but they didn't have in stock. If he had provided any follow up info (like when they might have a V-6 in to test drive) we would have waited to drive the V-6 but in the end, he seemed more interested in talking about how great our current Odyssey was than in selling us our next car. I was really disappointed, I wanted another Honda but we ended up with a much more expensive BMW because we really couldn't seem to get any info out of this salesman. Bummer for me and the salesman. BTW, we bought our last Honda in Carson and now I know why.

• Great experience!

Bought my first car without my parents help and it was very easy and pleasant. They even honored another dealers best quote.

• good service and buying experience

I bought a used Infiniti car from Bill Pearce Honda. The experience was good and the people were nice.