Fahrney Automotive Group

(3.4) 11 reviews

Call This Dealer

3.4
  • Really nice down to earth people
    April 1, 2014

Morgan Day and Theresa Mimms were great help and very nice to deal with. They weren't pushy at all and answered every question I had. They also pointe...d out things I hadn't thought of asking. And because of them I have chosen to buy a new instead of used vehicle when it is time for me to purchase it and I will ONLY be dealing with them throughout the entire process at Fahrney Group. I will not be dealing with anyone else.

• The nightmare contiues.
    August 17, 2017

We bought a new ford truck that was unknown to us was in a flood. Got a call to sign a waiver or return the truck. We chose to return it and get ano...ther new one. We financed with Ford finance. Now, two months later, Ford Finance believes we have two new trucks.. two loans.. two credit hits on our credit. And multiple calls from Ford call center that we are diligent on a loan that we don't have. Ford Finance says it was Fahrney issue not there's. We go round and round. Yes, they were $500 less on a truck than competitor. Worth the trouble? No. And not a word on how sorry they are for the mess.

• Athena
    June 29, 2017

Worked with Jason Caron. He struck a balance between being responsive and easy to work with without being pushy or over- assertive. Purchased a 2017 T...oyota Tundra

• "Small things" add up
    May 18, 2017

I don't write many reviews and unfortunately this review is due to multiple "small issues" I feel people should be aware about when buying a used car ...and also buying from Fahrney. First i'll start by saying all communication with their used car department was pleasant and timely. The staff was friendly and overall the buying "experince" went ok and the price I paid for my vehicle was fair. That's why they got 2 stars. However, once I drove home with the car, that's when things went down. First, my 2017 used vehicle only came with 1 key fob, not 2. Now, I did not ask if it came with 2 but it was not disclosed and when I discussed this issue with them, they stated that they could try to assist me by getting some type of "dealer discount" on another key fob, yet when the process was started, i was told the total would be around $300 for a new key and programming. There goes the "ok" price. I spoke to my salesman about it again, and now the pleasant and timely response has gone to no response at all. Secondly, my car was supposed to go through their shop and get detailed after I bought it. When I picked it up, it looked clean and tidy, however, when driving home and playing with all the new buttons and knobs, I noticed that one tire had 10lbs of pressure less than the others. I thought, hmmm, maybe I ran over a nail or screw. Yet 30 miles later, I got home and the tire pressure was still 10lbs lower than the others. I looked in the tire and easily saw a screw stuck in it. Now if I ran over it and lost 10lbs of pressure immediately, I would have had a flat tire on the freeway. Since the pressure stayed the same the whole way home, this means the screw was in there for a while. Even though this was a quick and easy fix at America's tire company, it doesn't give me confidence about any inspection on the vehicle. Lastly, when signing paper work with the finance guy, I signed for a charge which was for some "anti theft code". Now I know this is my fault for not listening clearly to the salesman, but after looking through the paper work I read that this is an "optional" $250 add on. What upsets me is that this add on was not "added" after agreeing to it, but already "added" into my monthly payment (which for some reason I assumed was included in the price of the car). This is frustrating because after 3 hours of paper work and signing, they were able to get me to buy something that I did not care for. I hope this review assists others in not only deciding where they buy a used car, but also the process in general. The excitement of a "new" used car can distract people from asking appropriate questions and making the right decision.

• Great overall experience
    April 15, 2016

I spoke with a woman I met named Valerie, who worked there. I mentioned I was looking to buy a car but as a single woman didn't trust salesman to not ...be honest. She highly recommended Fahrney Auto Group, and assured me that would not happen to me there. I decided to take her word, turns out she was correct! From the moment I got there, I was treated with the utmost kindness and respect, everyone was so friendly felt I was amongst friends! The entire process did not take all day like it has for me in the past. It was the best car buying experience of my life, and I'm over 50!.

• buy new truck
    April 9, 2016

Very happy with all the staff. Thanks to SALE MANAGER Jr Sanchez and Miguel Zuniga for all .

• I recommend them
    February 18, 2014

I was in the market for a new tacoma for a couple months, trying to find exactly what I wanted and for the best price possible. Right from the start, ...their online department started getting answers to my questions. They were working with me and it was always friendly help. They had a great price and when I picked up my truck, everyone was very professional and courteous of my time.

• Poor customer service
    November 17, 2012

I have purchased my last 3 cars at Farnhey but everytime I had to take them for regular service it is a nightmare. First, it takes them forever to ans...wer their phone and once they do expect to deal with the rudest people in the world starting with the receptionist. My family won't buy more cars at Farhney becasue their poor customer service.

• Great Buying Experience, Would Refer Friends
    November 16, 2012

Overall great experience dealing with Fahrney Automotive Group. I found my car that I ended up buying on cars.com and it was located at Fahrney Auto G...roup in Selma. On cars.com it had a very competitive price, and when I called and talked to George, he was very nice and answered all of my questions over the phone. That is what made me take the drive down to Selma. When I got there, they took me for a test drive with Ken. I never felt pressured to buy, there was not hard-sell. Several times I was asked if I had questions or if there was something I needed or wanted to change, giving me an opportunity to voice any concerns or wants. They also asked what they could do for me to make a purchase. I had to wait a day to buy it and they didn't try to pressure me before I left the first day. (other places I visited did not let you leave without using lots of pressure to get me to buy that day) When I returned to buy it, they had found me financing cheaper than my bank, they showed me my credit score and used the highest score(the score can vary depending on the agency consulted). I thought they were very transparent with the whole process and found me a great deal for financing. When it came to the price of the vehicle, I paid what they had it listed for online, I did not try to negotiate it down, it was a very fair price. It saved a lot of time on my part and I appreciated that. Like all car sales, there were add-ons and warranties offered to me for purchase during the contract signing. Their selling methods were sensible and with in reason and they were not too pushy. They do include warranty and other protection in contracts the first time to show you how much it would be, so make sure you understand the contract and what it includes. My only advice is that the price for these warranties and add-ons (like car alarm) is negotiable and you always have the option to decline. If you are interested in them, and many times these items can be good to have, research what add-ons you might like or need beforehand. This way you will know how much you are willing to spend and if the deal they are offering is good. I was offered a fair price on the warranty and I purchased it from them, but declined other add-ons. In general, the sales process was very smooth, and felt they were fair with how they sold products. I would feel very comfortable sending family and friends back to this dealership and was happy with my purchase. A little about my perspective: I had been looking for a car for several months, online and going to dealerships. I visited most of the dealerships in Fresno and Clovis. If you know what car you want, I recommend finding it online first. My experience of walking onto a dealership lot increased the price of the vehicle compared to online shopping. You can also find the price of warranties/add ons online. If you do your homework,you can judge for yourself if you are paying a fair price. All dealerships have to make a profit, so the cars will be always be more expensive than what the dealer pays for them, as well as other products they offer. Dealerships offer a great service by finding cars, bringing them to your city, backing it up with a warranty, and making sure the car they sell is of high quality. I felt that Fahrney Automotive Group was more pleasant and better than the majority of other dealerships I visited. While they are still in the business of selling cars, they are respectful and willing to offer some great deals.

• THEY WILL LIE TO YOU!!!!
    August 11, 2012

FYI. We hate the game of car buying. They love the game! We drove 20 plus miles to look at a car that is advertised. We got to the lot, and were immed...iately greeted by a young salesman. He started the conversation with a corny joke. We asked specifically about a used car that we found on cars.com. He initially said "oh yes, it's right over here" After searching the lot for a moment, he walked up to another salesman, and had a "conference". After that, we were told that they had sold the car. I can understand if they had sold the car. But it just didn't feel right. And I trust my gut to things, as my wife did too. Anyway, today (the next morning), I contact them and they say, "Oh yes, we have that car in stock". So either they do or they don't, but someone is lying, and I'm not sure I'm willing to deal with these types of actions. BTW. Drove to another dealership, had a great experience with them on a similar car. Haven't decided if we'll buy it, but I'll deal with that second dealership and recommend them to anyone.

Paul, we apologize that your dealings with us were anything but pleasant, and thank for having driven out of your way to give us an opportunity. I wan...t to ensure you we wouldn’t intentionally turn a customer away who was looking to make a purchase. We also do not partake in the “game of car buying”, which is why we have staff dedicated to ensure a streamlined purchase experience without any “back and forth”. We sell a high volume of vehicles on a daily basis and it’s very common for customers to come for vehicles that have recently sold. Investigating the incidences on that day, we have found that the Matrix you were looking was taken out on two test drives. When our salesman with you couldn’t find the vehicle it was presumed sold. He was mistaken and we have counseled our staff on the correct verification procedures when a vehicle cannot be found. When you went on Cars.com DealerChat the next day we confirmed the vehicle was available for sale as it was. I hope that you understand that no one lied to you, they just didn’t check with management before telling you it was sold. Thank you again for the chance to earn your business.

Fahrney Automotive Group