Carlsen Subaru

3.0 out of 5 (3.0) 9 reviews

• January 21, 2014

although they could not meet me at my price, they were direct & very professional.

October 26, 2017

I had a terrible experience trying to purchase a car here. I was price shopping and got the best offer from Carlsen so I went in with the intention to... purchase the vehicle. When I got in I was greeted nicely enough from an employee but when I went to speak to the salesman he was not pleasant to deal with at all. My wife was with my son so they were on their own for most of our visit. She told me after we left that the employees there were not friendly at all to her or my son. The experience was so bad I left and purchased the car I wanted at another dealership.

November 5, 2016

I went in there a week ago to purchase a used vehicle. I usually dread the buying process due to the length of time, the sleaziness of the salesman, a...nd the fear that I might be taken advantage of. None of these were the case for Carlsen Subaru. Alan showed us the Subaru I came to look at. He was friendly, genuine, and informative. When it came to purchasing the car, we were in and out in less than two hours. I never felt taken advantage of. As a woman, some salespeople think they can hoodwink us, but that was not the case at all for Carlsen Subaru. What we discussed made it into the final contract. Even though I live in Oakland, when I'm ready to purchase a new car, I'll make the trek all the way to San Carlos to see them. Thanks Carlsen Subaru!!!

November 30, 2015

I contacted the dealer about buying a car. I indicated I'm a serious buyer and after two emails I never heard back. It's hard to sell a car if you don...'t contact people back.

February 15, 2013

Great guys good deal and painless process. They had my hard to find car. A++++

December 3, 2012

I was Shopping for a used Toyota Matrix. Had lined up to look at a few while in the Bay Area. Looked at 2 other dealerships. Could not make a cash dea...l. So we ventured over to Redwood city, Carlsen Subaru. They had the year I wanted , it didnt have the options I liked. It was the right color. But with Allen(salesman) there was no pressure. gave me time to consider my options. Made the process easy and quick w/cash deal. Very good dealer no pressure, not trying to up sell me to a Subaru. My wife and I were traveling with our 3 dogs and they were accomidating with that, offering water and a place for them to go....if needed.

February 6, 2012

This was not the nearest Subaru dealership, but I found this one to be easy to deal with. Contacted them online, and got a quick response to what I wa...s looking for. When I replied, I got a call immediately and there was no haggling for the final cost. I told him the number I had in mind (lesser than any of the numbers I had from other dealers). Even when I decided to get a different car with more options, the change was simple enough.

October 20, 2011

Sales person contacted me via e-mail within hours and located a car that we needed. Also offered Internet discount on the purchase, and we didn't have... to haggle over $'s

August 31, 2011

I bought a used Car from Carlsen Subaru from 700 miles away and I was treated great! The Sales Representative, Alan, was very helpful from the beginni...ng. The pictures they had online were good but I needed more details. Alan was very helpful in filling in the blanks. I felt confident about what he shared and I flew in to 'seal the deal'. Alan even picked me up at the San Francisco Airport (Another long story about airplane delays! but Alan remained positive). When we arrived at the lot, I was very happy with the vehicle I was about to purchase, it had not been mis-represented. The paper work was promptly filled out and I was on my way. Thank you for a great car buying experience Carlsen Subaru!