Downtown Toyota-Subaru of Oakland

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

• New 2016 Toyota Highlander
    February 14, 2017

Arranged a meeting date with internet salesman, Henry Pun. Arrived, he greeted me, showed me the vehicles interested in. Let me test drive at my leisu...re. Arranged excellent financing for me, stood by internet sales price, no tricks or gimmicks. Listened to my desires, not the dealer. Very efficient, friendly and customer oriented. John in financing was excellent to deal with as well. Overall, a painless experience. Would recommend to anyone.

A shopper
    November 8, 2017

Friendly staff members, repairs were made, I am pleased.

Great experience
    September 9, 2017

Such a great buying experience! I'd been car shopping for a few weeks, and not only did this dealership have the exact car I'd been looking for, I rec...eived such kindness, patience and positivity from each of the associates I encountered. Pretty rare for a car dealership, in my opinion (and experience!) There were a couple discrepancies between the 150-pt inspection and what was actually on the car, but the team was quick to fix those issues. Overall, I am very please!

Can't get in touch with them.
    January 15, 2017

You call them with an urgen repair and you get their answering machine. And they don't call back timely. When you finally get to them, they might of...fer an appointment 4 days away. Once you get there, the people are very good.

Worst dealer I ever enountered
    February 17, 2015

This Subaru dealership was extremely unprofessional. We bought a new car despite the complete lack of service, the lack of product knowledge, the unwi...llingness to communicate, and the terrible feeling we got from this dealership and its associates. We like the car, but every time we think of the brand now, we think of shady practices and we get a pit in our stomachs from the feeling that we've been had. There were absolutely no good feelings when we bought the car, and months later, there has been zero follow up. Also, they had sold it with an obvious problem (brand new), and when we asked them to resolve it, we received three different stories from three different employees, and then were berated on the phone by a sales employee for daring to ask to fix it. If we went back in time, although we really like how the car drives, we probably would either buy a Honda (great test-drive experience) or go to a different Subaru dealership altogether. It's really worth the drive.

Quintessential horrid auto dealer
    October 17, 2014

Wow! Talk about a 'text book' buying experience. Because my credit was A+ and I had purchased several cars in my lifetime, these guys could not take m...e for a ride. Unfortunately, Downtown Oakland Toyota held the keys to the car I had been searching for and at a decent price. They made promises that were either done with the least amount of effort (repairing scratches on my bumper with clumped on paint) or changed their agreements (promising to find my car's second key fob ($400)but when it didn't turn up they remembered, legally, they only have to give the buyer one key fob. Gets better. Two months after purchasing my car I received a fine from DMV. The car I traded into Downtown Oakland was still in my name and because it was without insurance I now owed a huge fine. AND to polish it off, my new car was still under the previous owners name. Classic.

Very good service
    October 7, 2014

I saw a terrific deal for a used car the same day this dealer posted it. I called the next day to double check that the mileage posted wasn't a typo e...rror. They went to the car and double checked. Then I arranged a ride from So. San Jose to Oakland to check out the car. I prayed that all would go well because that's a long drive to buy a used car. My salesman, Tim, was as nice and accommodating as could be. I bought the car and everyone I dealt with was polite and competent. Me and my new, old car were out of there two hours later.

Great Experience
    September 24, 2014

I found a car for sale on Car.com, contacted the dealer and they made the sell happen! Was very happy with the level of service I received from Rocky.... Everything was seamless and the transaction was speedy and honest.

pleasant experience
    September 1, 2014

Not sure why this place got bad reviews but my husband and I saw a car on cars.com, emailed about it, the salesperson called back--we went down to the... dealership, test drove the vehicle and viola in about 2 hours later we drove off with our new (used) car! The sales person was very nice...honestly I didn't try to bargain as the car was within the blue book value range. Our finance Manager David was the very nice although I honestly think that he could have gotten me a better interest rate. Joe Testa was our salesperson and he was friendly cool and honest. Probably the smoothest car buying experience I've ever had.

Stay Away!!
    July 17, 2013

This place was just terrible. I can't believe I actually went through with the sale! The owner/manager was extremely pushy and rude. After I bought my... used car (because I found one decent salesperson), I found a lot of things wrong with it. They were mostly covered by the extended warranty, but it took a lot of time and trouble to get them fixed, and it's stuff that should have been done before the car was sold. I was almost relieved when the warranty expired and I didn't have to go there ever again. I tried to contact them to ask about a particular service and whether it was done, and despite 3-4 phone calls, was never called back. I just got back online searching for a used Prius, and even though this place has them all, I will NEVER go back there!

Downtown Toyota-Subaru of Oakland