4.5
  • Two Generations of Very Satisfied Sport Customers

My late father purchased his first Chevrolet in 1991 and thereafter began his and my mother’s long-term relationships with the Sport Chevrolet dealership. My father loved to take driving vacations with my mother and was admittedly very particular about the reliability of his vehicles. I recall his various complaints about various mechanics at various shops. However, he never said an unkind word about anyone or any service that occurred at Sport Chevrolet. After his death, my mother gave me his Caprice—it was too large a vehicle for her to drive—and she replaced it with a Lumina, a smaller vehicle than the Caprice but with the same instrumentation and feel. So, now, I began my own relationship with Sport. On my mother’s behalf, I had the Lumina serviced at Sport. On my own behalf, I had the Caprice serviced at Sport. Because of my father’s history with Sport, I did not have the usual dread that often accompanies beginning a new relationship with new people in a new environment. Predictably, things went quite well. Actually, remarkably well. The service department was simply the most exceptional service department that I had ever found. The service director was named Robert McBride, and going the extra mile on my behalf, my wife’s behalf, and my mother’s behalf, was altogether commonplace but also nonetheless remarkable. Soon I was taking my 1997 Toyota Camry XLE down to Sport for service. So, now, I was having three cars maintained by Sport and had become wholly reliant on their conscientiousness and honesty. Later, during a year when I was quite ill and sometimes unable to drive, I decided it was time to replace the high-mileage Caprice with a Honda CRV from Sport Honda. I was familiar with the CRV and did not need to test drive it. Because I trusted Sport, I simply telephoned Rob McBride and asked him to order me a red CRV and I listed what I did want and what I did not want to be included in the deal. It was just that simple. My first phone call was eventually followed by a second phone call telling me that the car had arrived and would be ready for pick-up whenever I was able to get to the dealership. It had arrived near Valentine’s Day and it was wonderfully red, and when my wife and I arrived, Rob McBride and Sport’s wonderful salesman, Steve Coleman, had arranged to attach a huge red bow on the roof. Not a bad Valentine’s Day gift for my wife and not one my wife and I will soon forget. Steve Coleman took our camera and snapped pictures of us standing in front of the largest Valentine’s gift I have ever given anyone. A few years later, I bought a used 2005 black Corvette convertible. I had been talking with my friends at Sport for years about possibly buying a Corvette and eventually they found one that perfectly suited my needs and my price. Understandably, the Corvette Club of America has designated Sport Chevrolet as its Sponsor dealership, and with good reason. A guy like Frank Steiner, the Chief Corvette Technician, loves Corvettes and understands them better than anyone I have ever met. I am told by many Corvette fanatics that he is the finest Corvette mechanic on the East Coast. In summation, my own family has been treated like family by the family at Sport Chevrolet and Sport Honda for 23 years. In the past, I have written complimentary letters to General Motors, Honda, and the owners of the dealership commending Sport Chevrolet and Sport Honda. I have never, however, written a review about anything or anyone anywhere on the Internet. This is the first. It crossed my mind to write this review after Alex Noguera, who cleans and waxes and generally keeps my Corvette looking sharp, offered to drive me home one afternoon after an automobile accident had pretty much closed Route 29 during rush hour. He knew the back roads better than I did, and I was home in a flash. That’s the thing about Sport Chevrolet—it not only sells you a car but it gives you all the extra help and miles you need.

• EXCELLENT Experience!!

Steve and Clint were so helpful with the purchase of my new Chevy Bolt. I am so pleased!

• Very Professional and Reliable Car Service

I came in an emergency with my vehicle, and Kenny listened to my car problem, and was able to get my car diagnosed and serviced. He was very understanding and took time to explain the problem and how it could be solved. He was great! I am very thankful for his great assistance. All of your Service Representatives are outstanding. I have dealt with all of them through the years. All of them are very courteous, professionals and very reliable. I like and trust Sports Chevrolet in Burtonsville, because of their great service. Thank you!

• Corvette 3LT, Twilight Blue Design Pkg, Mag Ride

I purchased a new and my first Corvette from Sport Chevrolet which is 200 miles from my home. I dealt with Anthony, Kramer, Elyse and Jeff. All were very professional with good and prompt communication via phone and email. In person they were courteous and respectful. Anthony was extremely helpful setting up the On Star, blue tooth, wifi and My Chevrolet apps. He was patient in explaining some of the features of the car upon delivery. Since the car was not the current model year Sport Chevrolet's Corvette technician changed the oil and performed a Magnetic Ride Suspension software update that was released just one week in advance of the delivery. I would highly recommend Sport Chevrolet to my family and friends. Thank you Anthony and the Sport Chevrolet team!

Dave, Thank you for your feedback, and please let us know if we can help with anything in the near future. I will commend all members involved on a job well done! Sincerely, Gibbs Fogarty General Manager 240-560-5383

• 2016 2LT Corvette

They held up their end of the arrangement. I would buy from again.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback!

They held up their end of the arrangement. I would buy from again.

• New purchase

My salesperson Kristal Hansley was the BEST. She listened to my wants in a vehicle. I did not feel pressure to purchase a vehicle as I have at other dealerships. I appreciated how when I entered the dealership I was greeted by several people asking if I needed assistance. This is my first Chevrolet but I know that it will not be my last. GREAT dealership!!!

Tracey, Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on Cars.com! We really appreciate it! Sincerely, Gibbs Fogarty General Manager 240-560-5383

• Recall

Ray, Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! Sincerely, Gibbs Fogarty General Manager 240-560-5383

I was extremely satisfied with my experience from the attention that Wayne Wagner gave me when I was greeted when I arrived to the speedy repair of my Buick’s recall. Thanks to everyone at Sport Chevrolet.

• Great service.

Frank Steiner is a master Corvette tech. He is widely recognized as THE master in this area. I wish there were many more like him.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! I will commend Frank on a job well done! Sincerely, Gibbs Fogarty General Manager 240-560-5383

• Sports Chevrolet News Flash!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback!

I love Sports Chevrolet! The people are kind, warm, and very caring! When I open the door and walk in the show-room; the courtesy of the staff has always been with a smile! As a customer, that makes me feel great! In fact, since 2005, Sports Chevrolet sold me my 2005 Chevy Cobalt, after a devastating hardship, they worked with me; since then, all of my cars has been purchase from Sports Chevrolet! I refuse to purchase a car from any other dealership! In addition, Mr. Scott Egloff, has been my sales-representative since 2005, 2015, and now, 2017. He is one of the best salesman at this dealership. He is so caring! Ms. Lu-Ann Patrick: 2005, 2015, 2017 Chevrolet Owner: I love my Sports Chevrolet!

• Great Experience!

My family bought two cars here, and we had a great experience!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback!!

My family bought two cars here, and we had a great experience!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback!!