Charlie's Toyota

72 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

• November 13, 2016

It was a pleasure to deal with everyone at Charlies! I did everything through email and it all turned out exactly the way the said it would. Absolutely... no hassles and completely transparent transaction! They took the classic dread out of dealing with the purchase of a new car. This is the second time I have bought a vehicle from them and I will definitely tell others about the great service I received!

September 23, 2018

I went to Central Maine Toyota at first to trade my Subaru in for a 4Runner because Central Maine Toyota doesn’t have doc fees. The back-and-forth... process of agreeing on a price felt shady and more like a “shell game” so I went to Charlie’s. Sam was friendly and knowledgeable. Agreeing on a price was a much better experience!

September 18, 2018

I am very unhappy with the level of effort the service department was willing to take to solve an issue with my new 2018 Toyota Rav purchased within the... last two months. If your decision on where to buy a vehicle is dependent upon service location and convenience, I would recommend going elsewhere. My new vehicle is experiencing the same issue I had with the 2012 vehicle (purchased at Central Maine Toyota) that I traded in. Mice were getting into the glove compartment and inside my vehicle through the cabin filter and some type of related intake tube in my 2012 vehicle. The Service Department at Central Maine Toyota was able to install a mesh barrier that solved the problem permanently. I am having the same issue with my new 2018 vehicle (loaded with electronics). I contacted Charlie's and asked if they would look at the work that had been completed on my 2012 vehicle (which is still on the lot) to duplicate the action taken to solve the problem with my 2018 vehicle. It would have taken them minutes to track down the 2012 car and evaluate the solution. They refused to look at the old vehicle for the solution, despite my specific request to do so. They were not willing to take a look. Instead, I was told by the salesman who checked with their service department to close my vents each night and to put dryer sheets around my car. Obviously that answer is totally unacceptable. Despite me identifying the problem and solution, the salesman and the service department were not interested in researching and solving the problem. I would say, once they sell you a car, you're on your own. I contacted Central Maine Toyota. They are happy to service my 2018 vehicle and they are familiar with my problem. It will be fixed permanently with their assistance. Goodby Charlie's (unfortunately).

August 27, 2018

I found the staff and customer service very friendly and welcoming. Once they knew why I was there they allowed me to look around and make a decision to... what I thought I wanted to what I found. The staff were as efficient in getting the paperwork ready in a timely manner so that we did have to wait around too long. The told me the benefits of using their service for my car.

August 8, 2018

My wife and I were most impressed with the knowledge of sales rep, Sam N. He astounded us with his product knowledge...and he only has been in the business... for one year!

July 30, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Charlie's when I purchased my new 4runner. I had done some shopping around and a relative suggested I look into... Charlie's as they felt they were the best in the business. Most of the estimates I received we're a bit higher then I was expecting to pay and would require some "haggling" to get the price I wanted. If I loathe one thing in this world, it is haggling. I was expecting a price similar to what the other dealerships quoted me from Charlie's but much to my surprise their initial estimate was almost exactly what I was looking to pay. I knew exactly what I wanted as well as what upgrades I was looking to purchase and the team at Charlie's made it happen. Kevin worked with me via email and phone to track down and price all of my upgrades to make my 4runner exactly what I wanted a few days before heading down there and when I arrived I was greeted by Sam who took over showed me the vehicle as well as all of the bells and whistles that came with it. I had done a fair amount of research beforehand and I thought I knew the vehicle quite well but Sam really took the time to explain everything and showed me a lot that I did not know about. He was also very personable and took the time to make sure I was comfortable and spent time getting to know me while I waited for everything to be prepared. The entire sales team did a fantastic job and they have a customer for life in me. On my way out they thanked me for driving the 5 or so hours south to do business with them and said, " You passed a lot of dealerships to get here and we appreciate that." The feeling is very mutual, and I thank you for a wonderful experience.

July 24, 2018

Great experience. Everyone was very friendly and professional. They worked with us on our trade and purchase. This is our second time buying from charlie’s.

June 5, 2018

After reluctantly walking away from my dream 4Runner at a different dealer because the process wasn't feeling "right", I found the vehicle... and the experience I that felt right at Charlie's! As loyal Toyota owners, this was our first purchase here and it will be where we go from now on. From online inquiry to the handing over of keys, it was professional and fun, as buying your dream car should be!

April 25, 2018

Love shopping at Charlies! Have purchased 2 other vehicles in years past and keep coming back! What does that say about Charlies! I am happy to have... bought a vehicle at Charlies!

April 10, 2018

I was shocked to receive a firm, competitive price of our new car by internet within minutes of my request. Sleaziness and dishonesty were nowhere in... sight at Charlie’s. The entire buying process was professional and pleasurable.