Contemporary Motor Cars Inc.

4.8 out of 5 (4.8) 84 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

84 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Contemporary Motor Cars Inc. from DealerRater.com

• professional, no hassle experience
    September 6, 2014

After 2 new vehicle purchases, one in April 2012, and again in March 2014, the experience at Contemporary Motors has only improved with time. Simplici...ty, no hassle, no gimmicks, a great price and a wonderful delivery experience. Thank you Tim Welsh in car sales, and Ed in sprinter sales. The service department also live s up the high expectations of the Mercedes brand also, handling maintenance and warranty issues at high standards on both vehicles purchased at Contemporary and also my older MB s also. Thank you John Kellner.

A pleasure to deal with
    March 26, 2018

Our salesman Griffin Hall was great to work with. He also new the product inside and out. Overall, a great experience. If your looking for a Mercedes... Benz, Contemporary is the place to go.

My interaction with Anthony Molfino
    March 23, 2018

Anthony has been servicing my S class MB and my prior E class for ten years. His service is top notch because of his professionalism, automotive know...ledge and attention to detail. If you are getting your MB serviced at Contemporary. He is the Service Advisor I would recommend.

Employees Worked With
    Personable, professional, and careing.
    January 18, 2018

We love how Contemporary Motors simply ???takes care of us!??? We have purchased dozens of cars over the years but, have never felt the ???care??? and... professionalism that we have found in purchasing our last two cars!

Simply the Best!
    December 26, 2017

I have been buying MB cars from this dealership for the past 25 years and last August I made a mistake. I decided to purchase a different make of car..., it was an Audi. Within the first 2 weeks of owning the car I had a problem with it. So I called the dealer and told them of the problem and the first thing out of their mouth was they had no loaner cars but they gave me the name of a local cab company. I said to myself I just spent the better part of $58k and these bozos promised me no one had better service than them, as long as you didn???t need any help. I waited another two months and finally decided that for my money I???m like everyone else, I don???t want to hear a bunch of bs excuses, I want the help I was promised when this dealership did their song and dance to sell me their Audi A6. So, after owning it for about 5 months I drove down to Contemporary Motors, my local MB dealer in Little Silver, NJ and bought myself a 2018 S450-4matic and returned to excellent service and more important to me, an honest dealer with no sneaky dealer add-ons when I bought the car and if the truth be told they were $2,000 less than the nearest other quote I got. If an MB car is on your horizon ask for Eric Jastram and tell him Barry sent you, you???ll be happy you shopped there, for real.

Consistently Superior Service
    September 8, 2017

Since I purchased my Mercedes from Contemporary Motors, Denis has consistently provided outstanding customer service. He has delivered "Mercedes "leve...l" quality while keeping the customer as his primary focus.

Outstanding Salesperson
    August 18, 2017

I had been to this dealership years ago but wound up leaving for better service and overall experience elsewhere. My friend had dealt with Joe and to...ld me I should at least meet him and see what he could do. When I walked in there were the same tired faces sitting looking bored; however, when I was escorted to meet Joe it was like a separate environment. His phone was constantly ringing and people were stopping by just to say hello. Despite all of the activity around him, he always made me feel special and took the time to overcome any challenge I presented during the sales process. He knew how much my time meant to me as well and knew I didn't care about meeting managers or dealing with the pre-owned manager who was not particularly polite or professional by the way. In fact, had it not been for Joe, I likely would have walked after that first evaluation. He was extremely professional and friendly, accommodating beyond anything anyone else has ever done for me and I knew I made the right decision to deal with him. He continues to provide outstanding service even after the sale, taking my calls any time of day or returning a message promptly. As for the other people I dealt with, they were still mediocre at best but Joe has my business and I will continue to refer people to him specifically. Really nice experience.

Renee Maxwell
    July 20, 2017

There are few places left in this modern world where courtesy, knowledge and kept promises are a part of the commercial world let alone the social wo...rld! Contemporary Motors is a perfect example of those "good"values which make it a pleasure to be their loyal customer for many years. ALL of the staff are a part of Contemporary's tradition of excellent service to their patrons.

Great Service!
    June 8, 2017

I'm very pleased with my service interactions with Contemporary Motors. I have owned 3 Mercedes a 1999 SL500, 2001 SL500, and most recently my 2014 S...L500. I live far from Contemporary and have received service at Millenium in Bridgewater, Open Road, Prestige Motors, and Contemporary Motors. Contemporary provides the best service by far, so I drive down there to get it serviced. Prestige Motors on Rt 17 was the worst. I bought my most recent SL550 through Prestige Motors. It was a lease return from my friend and we thought we needed to do the transfer at the dealer he bought the car from. I paid extra to Prestige to certify the car. Prestige told me the cost of extending the Mercedes Warranty would be 18% higher if I didn't do it at the time of the sale. I later found out this was a lie. The fee is 15% if I extend more than 30 days after the sale. I did not buy the extension from Prestige. I went to Contemporary and found that I had 30 days to extend the warranty with no penalty and so I bought it from Contemporary. My service advisor is Dennis...great guy. Their finance and lease specialist, Joanmarie Iannuzzelli is great to deal with and honest.

22JUN16 2012 SLK 350 Service prior to moving to Fl
    May 24, 2017

On June 23, 2017 I had my slk350 'A' serviced, and detailed. My key was lost by Contemporary, the detailing was the worst. A moth later in Florida I f...ound out the 'service reminder' was never reset, and the rear diver's side wheel was missing a lug nut. Contemporary serviced both my 2005 and 2012 SLK's. I recommended Contemporary to a friend in NJ, but will never do that again!!!!

Contemporary Motor Cars Inc.
100 Oceanport Ave Little Silver, NJ 07739