Hopkins Ford

(4.6) 68 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

• Hopkins Ford is Best!

Over the decades, my family has used many car dealerships. But Ron Hopkins Ford in Elgin, Il is the best- Hands Down! Also, Jason Milburn has our vote... as the very best Salesman. Adding to this, the many staff helping us out were both professional and friendly. All of them proved experts in finding the absolute best ways for us to get the very most,- while costing us the very least. So our experience at Hopkins this week was truly unique due to receiving all the best service that any car dealership could possibly offer! P.S. we appreciate the very courteous Hopkins family members that made us feel comfortable (i.e. Ron, Jay, & Jeff). Thank You all!

NeighborDan, Thank you so much for the kind words. We will make sure to share them with Jason and if you need anything during the life of your vehic...le you know were always here to help. Regards, The Hopkins Family

• Owner

Service department did a great job of keeping me updated on the repairs

• Return Customers

From the time we entered the dealership and were greeted by the salesperson and or owner our experience was informative, friendly, and very helpful. A...ll of our questions were answered and we were shown several models of the cars we were interested in. Time was taken to show us all options that were available. There was never any pressure. When we decided on the car we wanted all transactions proceeded quickly and efficiently. We purchased from this dealership before and this is why we returned here when it was time for a new car.

We really appreciate your feedback! We understand it is a big decision where you purchase your vehicles from and we are grateful to have been chosen! ...Thank you again for your business and we look forward to your next visit! Safe travels!

• Love my Escape!

Great staff, and was not pressured at all. Worked with Barrett who was very helpful.

Debra, thank you for your kind words and congratulations on your new vehicle! If you have any additional needs or questions, we will be more than happ...y to assist you! Safe travels!

• Oil Change Review

I was able to bring my car in for an oil change with almost no wait time. Quick and easy experience in a clean and friendly environment.

• I love my F150

I never had a problem when I arrived. I always have been able to be taken care of and always were told about anything with my truck

Dear John, Thank you for the great review. I noticed you didn't buy the vehicle from us. I would love the opportunity to earn your business in our ...sales department when you are ready. We look forward to working with you again. Regards, Jeff Hopkins

• Don Pelka, owner

My Ford truck was in for warranty work in September , about 6 days. I picked up my truck on I believe 9/28 then on a Monday after driving it that Sun...day before without a misfire or murmurs, the truck would not start. It was the first Tuesday in October it was towed back into Hopkins Ford. About 3 days went by when I got a phone call explaining they cannot find the problem. That Saturday I called into service as far as a loaner car in which they were fairly good about. At that time my FORD ESP WARRANTY cover a rental after my vehicle has to spend 24 hours in the shop. The second week I got a phone call about Wednesday saying the mechanic has to talk Sith Ford technical support and have them help figure out what is wrong . Ford said they need to replace 4 to 7 fuel injectors . At this point they had 17 hours in trying to identify the problem. Ford requested pictures of the vehicle , inside dash, under the hood, left , right sides, underneath and the front of the truck. Because of the expense of the repairs I assume. They just covered EGR COOLER and other incidentals weeks earlier , now Ford saw my plow hook-up for a snow plow that was on the truck from day 1. They inspected my truck and took pictures for Ford back in 2010 when I purchased my 1st of 3 ESP warrantys. They decided to CANCEL MY WARRANTY . Hopkins Ford said they were trying to talk with Ford and get the warranty to get pushed through. It was another week that went by. I called Hopkins Ford to set up a meeting as they were NOT CALLING ME AND JUST LETTING MY TRUCK SIT. We agreed upon a price that I HAD TO PAY FOR THE WARRANTEED TRUCK $3700.00 Another week and a half went by before my truck was ready . Finally I could come in to sign my paperwork and get my Truck . I think the date was NOVEMBER 9th. Maybe later. When talking to the service manager on the phone to come in for my truck , TO ADD SALT TO THE WOUND Hiedi said in a not so friendly ( Snotty) voice " WE NEED OUR CAR BACK" REALLY ??? 2 Breakdowns within 7 days over 6 weeks in the shop while I'M WAITING FOR MY TRUCK and " we need our car back" they broke my oil dip stick. A plastic part on the firewall above my turbo and some how an aluminum emblem that identifies the power stroke diesel is mangled under the hood. Now I'm also still waiting for the balance of the canceled warranty ( pro rated ) refund that is owed to me. Last Ford I ever buy , My new GMC LOOKS A lot better in my driveway.

Dear Don, Please feel free to contact me again so we can talk further about the situation. Your complete satisfaction is what I strive for even in a... situation like this. I would be more than happy to talk to you again and see if I can rectify this. Please call me at your earliest convenience. Regards, Jeff Hopkins 847-741-7500

• Buying a used vehicle.

Great follow up / great communications. Buying process was easy/ no pressure. Great experience.

Jody, thank you for writing this fantastic review and giving our dealership such a high star rating! Please let us know if there is ever anything else... we can do for you! Safe travels!

• Super Service

The staff at the Quick Lube center is excellent, They got my vehicle in right away.

James, we set high expectations for ourselves so it?s gratifying to hear you had a great experience with us. Please let us know if there is ever anyth...ing else we can do for you! Safe travels!

• Bought Expedition

Barrot is great! Very helpful and knowledgeable. He really took the time to go over things with us.

Hopkins Ford