3.9
102 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews from DealerRater.com
  • Very Positive Experience From Roto Subaru

Visited the Chicago Auto Show (a GREAT way to see/sit in/option shop cars!) and decided on evaluating the Acura RDX V6, Subaru Outback V6 and Toyota Venza V6 further. Test drove each at Chicago area dealerships and chose to go with Subaru Outback. Issued a list of options to 7 Subaru dealers independently via email. Ryan Powles at Roto offered the best starting price and without hesitation honored two discount programs I presented which brought the price down further. Ryan responded to all of our follow up questions via phone and email quickly with straight answers. Ryan encouraged us to test drive the 4 cyl and 6 cyl versions just to be certain which we did, and decided on the 3.6R (the V6) although the 4 cyl seemed very adequate as well. After revisiting pricing again with 6 other Chicago area dealers, Ryan Powle's/Roto pricing was still the best and he was consistently the clearest/quickest to respond. We ordered the car from Roto and Ryan kept us apprised of every detail moving forward, including financing, the date the VIN was issued, ETA, ordering plates, insurance, etc. The car arrived about 6 weeks later (well within Ryan's ETA). When we took possession of the vehicle, dealer installed options and other preparation requests we made were 100% completed. Our meeting with the Finance manager went very smoothly. Ryan gave us a thorough orientation on the manuals, then went through the controls, features, etc. on the vehicle itself before we left the dealership. Ryan was extremely helpful, forthright and timely throughout the competitive brand choice selection, dealership evaluation, model selection, bargaining, trade-in advice and ordering process. We assumed the absolute worst in working with new car dealers and truly dreaded it. Working with Ryan Powles at Roto was a 100% positive experience. Zero hard sell, straight-forward Q&A and assertive pricing from the start. Ryan Powles was very helpful, pleasant and professional to work with, I recommend him to anyone seeking to purchase a Subaru!

• Disappointing service
    April 16, 2017

Roto Subaru

Hi Dave, we wanted to thank you for allowing us to work with you to fix this situation.

Does anyone happen to know who the owner of Roto Subaru is and how to get in touch with them? We bought a used 2017 Subaru Forrester with approx 7K miles. We also bought the remote starter kit. Joe Bledsoe was a wonderful sales person and has been very helpful to us. We had it about a week and the airbag warning sensor came on. So we put it in to have that looked at and also to have the remote starter put in. Fast forward about 2 and a half weeks we finally get out Forester back. We have our remote starter and they had to replace a wiring harness and air bag in the vehicle. We drive about 20 or so miles today and my wife notices water on the passenger side floor mats. We take the mat up and find standing water leaking from somewhere under the dashboard. We are supposed to take a trip on Easter Sunday and the dealership is closed and we cannot drive our new car and have no access to get a loaner and put this in the shop. It is very frustrating to have no loaner on a holiday weekend, when you expect your vehicle to be operational after 2 and a half weeks in the shop and it have it come back with an issue it didn't have before.

• Ted Hess from Roto Subaru
    February 15, 2017

Excellent experience with Roto Subaru in January 2017, when we bought our new Forester with Ted Hess. He is brilliant, professional, efficient. The rain couldn't stop him neither the lunch time when it was about taking care of his customer. He did everything what was needed for us to have a nice experience buying a Subaru car. Enjoyable experience! Thank's Ted.

• Service team extremely helpful
    February 2, 2017

Roto Subaru

We really appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear how wonderful your experience was. Enjoy the new car!

This is my 2nd Subaru l've purchased at Roto. Great price and accommodating service team. Recommend this dealership if you want a straight forward buying experience.

• Very Disappointed

Hi Kelly, I am currently looking into this situation on your behalf. Do you remember the name of the salesman you were talking with?

Went looking for CX9 and was treated very poorly at this Mazda Dealership. They had almost no inventory and did not have the CX9 I was looking for on the lot. Offered no solution to this problem and then had the nerve to ask me for non refundable deposit.... WOW

• worst service ever

Don't even think about to go there if you like your car and don't want them to broke sth while repairing sth else. Don't go there if you praise your time and expect your car to be ready at the agreed time. Don't go there if you want to receive acceptable service. Worst service ever! I left my Mazda for the airbag recalls they returned the car 1 day after the agreed time, they returned the car with broken airbag sensor ( $700 value ), we ended with 2 managers yelling and asking us to leave. Continue to read the other consumers opinions and you will find the same scenarios. Worst experience ever! I love my Mazda, but this service almost made me feel sorry for having the car.

• Worst customer service ever

They even don't deserve the 1 star. I am 40 years old and this was my worst customer service experience ever. Would recommend this place only as attraction ( if you want an awful experience ) and education for people how they shouldn't serve customers.

• Father

Sales person was very good friendly and informative waiting for finance took a long time but seems to be the thing at all dealers

Paul, thanks for leaving your feed back. Sorry you had a long wait for finance. We have been trying to make that part of the process faster for our customer. We hope you enjoy you new car!

• Straightforward and competetive pricing
    May 16, 2016

Roto Subaru

Tony, thank you for sharing your experience. I will pass this on to Joe. We can't wait to see you for your first oil change!

Just acquired my 2nd Subaru from Joe McAvoy. Joe is professional and pricing I've received from him is competitive. No doubt in my mind that I will be going back to Joe for my 3rd Subaru.

• Horrible
    May 14, 2016

Absolutely terrible dealership. They lie from the beginning about everything. Do not get tricked into buying here. I've had nothing but headaches working with these unprofessional crooks.