Dan Pfeiffer Used Cars Plainfield

4.3
Average based on 16 reviews.
  • My 2007 GMC Canyon

Mary Ann Teft and the rest of the crew at Pheiffer made car buying a delightful experience. I particularly liked their friendly, low key approach; I never felt pressured.

• My 2010 Dodge Ram

I had a great experience working with Darrell at Dan Pfeiffer Used Cars! First off I was skeptical from some of the mixed reviews, but after reviewing some of the complaints which mostly seemed juvenile I took a shot. I drove by and Darrell was amazing from hello, he didn't try to "sell" me anything! I was interested in the truck but only wanted to run the numbers first, and Darrell truly exceeded my expectations. I was NOT planning on him going above and beyond my offer and I honestly was hoping it would end up being out of my price range and I wouldn't be able to get the truck. Darrell went above trade in value on my car than most others would offer KNOWING my car retail would be worth it, now this isn't a dealership issue rather than the tricks of the trade of the industry. Everyone wants to get the most for their car but at the end of the day your trade in value is not going to equal your resale value so don't blame the sales person. I knew this, and I put money into my car in addition which I hoped to recoup SOME of. Darrell made me an offer I could NOT refuse, he gave me an above expected trade in value, dropped a nice chunk of change off the MSRP of the truck I was buying, and a few more discounts along the way keeping me in line with where I wanted to spend. I was already pre approved with my bank so the purchasing process was a breeze, and they were also a preferred buyer for my credit union, an added bonus. I had a couple of minor things with the truck and Darrell has been on top of them to make sure everything is quickly resolved. A few others made complaints about the facilities, or credit approval which I dispute. The facilities are more than fine, you're buying a car not dining at a 5 star B&B, some should be more realistic. As for the credit part, you can't blame the dealer, all they can do is make the call to the banks offering financing what the bank will provide has nothing to do with them. Overall I couldn't be happier with my truck, and I hope it lasts me a long time with no issues, but if something does happen it's life... not the dealer, that's why you get the warranty people :-)!

• Reliable Vehicle, Great Service

I was in the market for an affordable and reliable car. Salesman was professional and knowledgeable.

• Great Customer Service

We bought a ford 150, we love it everything works great. We had a few things we didn't like and they fixed it right away. Very friendly they get you in the car you would like to drive.

• No one ever called me back!

The last I knew, the car I was interested in was still on the website.

The last I knew, the car I was interested in was still on the website.

I'm sorry no one called you back, I was looking through our records and can't find your email. My direct line is 269-547-8948 please feel free to call or text me directly. Mike McNee General Manager Dan Pfeiffer Plainfield Used Cars

• Helpful and polite

Very helpful and polite...not pushy. They didn't have what I wanted but I will check back with them. Time and distance being a factor.

• Used Cars and Trucks

My experience was not a good one. I was emailed by my sales man that on Thursday he was getting a vehicle in that matched the description of what I was looking for. I made an appointment to come see it that Saturday. After changing prior plans I had for that day, I notified my salesman I was on my way there to test drive the truck. Just as I was walking out the door I noticed I had an email saying the truck was not there for the weekend as his boss took it home to drive for his sons birthday. He said he would bring me the truck the following week to look at, which he did. I liked the truck, made a good offer and it took me over 48 hours and several emails to find out if we had a deal or not. Since I was having such a bad experience at the Plainfield location, I choose to call Pfieffers in Byron Center to try and make a deal on the same vehicle. To my surprise I found that they raised the price up on the vehicle by $1,025.00. I told the new sales person just bring it to your location and I will be in today to put a deal together. When I called him to let him know I was on my way to see him he told me that once he told the Plainfield office he was bring back to Byron Center to make a deal with me on it, they blocked him from taking the truck and thus loss the sale. I called Dan personally and let him know the disappointment I had with his Plainfield location. I will never spend one penny of my hard earned money with them after this treatment. You want a good Ford truck go to Borgman Ford where they will treat you right the first time.....I am just sorry I did not start at Borgmans Ford first!

• Fantastic Customer Service!!!

I had the great opportunity of working with Mary Ann Teft. She was more than willing to go the extra mile to accommodate me with what I would consider a "high-maintenance" sale. At the end of it all I got the vehicle I wanted at a great price. The service was some of the best I've received from a car dealer. Trust the prior reviews as well as this one - the service here far exceeded expectations. I hope to be able to do business again in the future!!!

• New to me car purchase! 2006 Jeep Commander

Mary Ann Teft at Dan Pfeiffer did an amazing job with service and attentivness when purchasing my new car. She was quick to answer calls and always had a smile on her face. Honesty and hard working, I would definitely recommend to a friend and she will be seeing my referrals (and me) soon! Amy 2006 Jeep Commander

• My 2002 Jeep

Great service Low key sales approach. I would reccomend Mary Ann Teft to my friends who are thinking of buying another vehicle.