Hampden Trading Company

Saturday 9:00am–4:00pm
Sunday Closed
(413) 240-2793 (413) 240-2793

4.3

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

2.0

Used Subaru

I had been looking for a used Subaru and found one at this dealership. I was excited because it was a first car for my child and I wanted something safe. I thought the price was a bit high for the condition of the car. I tried to offer a reasonable price and the salesman said to me, "We do not negotiate with our prices and that was the best price for the car. " Needless to say I found a better deal elsewhere. I took a look back to see if the car was sold and I find it now offered for less money at a price even lower than what I offered. Well, I feel sorry for them because they would have had that car sold for a better price. Always waiting for something better to come along and not working with what's in front of you isn't always the best thing to do! In the end, it did work out best for me! :)

Dealer response

We apologize for your experience but do appreciate your feedback - we strive to provide the best purchasing process for our customers. We never are waiting for something better to come along - though we understand why it may have seemed that way. We price our cars extremely aggressively from the beginning, so we don't have any wiggle room in the price as they are typically as low as we can go. On rare occasions, certain vehicles stay on the lot longer pending market availability/saturation in the area, and at those times we re-examine our pricing to see if there is anything else we can do to remain competitive. We're glad you got the deal you were looking for, and again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

1.8

disapponted in Dave

My 2003 Hyundai with 133k on leaked transmission all over my landlord's new driveway when the lines broke. I Found 2 cars of interest. I asked for one be inspected by my mechanic, no problem. The mechanic listed a number of problems one was an oil leak that could be caused by a number of reason that could possibly be resolved. I contacted Dave and told him I couldn't take a chance of another leak or I'd be looking for a place to live. His response was all cars leak. My Hyundai I had for 5 years never leaked until the lines broke. I said I would like the mechanic to look at the Honda he evaded the request . When I stopped to pickup the deposit Rusty the sales person informed me Dave preferred not to do business because there was no problem with the car. I can't believe Dave just didn't tell me that when I spoke with him. You be the judge. It's too bad because Rusty was easy to work with and the pricing is very good

Dealer response

Hi Al, Thank you for sharing feedback with us on your experience - I think there was a miscommunication here, and I apologize that you left feeling this way. As you know, we service our vehicles after a deposit is put down and prior to delivery- we do a thorough 120 point inspection, and if customers ask to bring a vehicle of interest to a local mechanic before our servicing, we are happy to accommodate if we can make the timing work. This vehicle had a few common issues that we were prepared to fix in our service, one of which was a leak that your mechanic identified as coming from one of two places. We understand the concern you had with a leak given your housing situation, and we didn't want to promise or guarantee that a car will never ever leak, because we can't promise that on any car (nor can any other dealer) as things can go wrong at any point. To me, it seems this is where the miscommunication happened as this is what Dave was trying to say. As for not doing business, it's not that we didn't want your business, that is never the case. It's that we didn't feel comfortable permanently promising that nothing would happen with any car and jeopardize your living situation. I apologize again for the misunderstanding.

3.3

Be careful. They do not keep their word.

I purchased a 2005 Kia Spectra April 11, 2016 from this dealer for my college student son. At the time of purchase, I asked about the timing belt. The car had 89000 miles and the dealer recommends it be changed at 60000 miles. I was assured that their mechanic would go through the car and fix anything that needed to be done. When I went to pick the car up they told me it would be a few days until they got the report from the mechanic and they couldn't tell me what had been done or needed to be done. I asked if they could get that information to me. The car sat for a month not driven other than home from the dealer and to a car wash. On May 9th I drove the car to Boston and retrieved my son from school. I called the dealer to ask about what was done regarding the timing belt (since they couldn't tell me if it had been done when I picked it up) and they said they would research it and call me back. My son needed to start driving that car May 16th for school and was going to be driving to New Bedford and back daily. With no return call from the' dealer, I brought it to my mechanic for inspection on May 13th. The belt was the original belt, as was the water pump. The belt was obviously worn. I had it replaced. I called the dealer today to tell them that they didn't keep their word and that the belt would have likely failed. They immediately told me I wasn't getting money from them because I didn't give them a chain to fix it and wanted to know why I hadn't called them. I told them I had called them and they never got back to me. I also told them I wasn't looking for money but wanted them to know they hadn't kept their word or followed up with me. Their response angered me. I told them instead of turning it back on me they could have at least apologized. I said if they wanted to do ANYTHING decent, they could pay for the parts. I did offer to bring the old belt in for their inspection. They declined and told me I should "do what I need to do". So, here is my story, decide for yourself where you will do business.

2.0

buyer beware

Dealer made all sorts of promises to repair vehicle but fell short. Have had the vehicle for 4 months and it has been in the shop every moth since purchasing it.

Great Used car dealer

We have now bought our 4th car from Dave and Rusty. The first car we never actually drove off the lot for when they were checking it out found that the engine had been overheated and that the chance of a failure was eminent. We were disappointed but Dave worked with us and found us another vehicle and worked with us on the price. We have purchased now three additional cars for our daughter, son and now for myself. They stand behind their cars and performed all the necessary repairs before they gave us the car. The 2004 Forester we bought they did timing belt and head gaskets. When I started looking for this last car my wife would not even go looking at any other dealer.

THE PLACE YOU WANT TO GO!

Drove over an hour to Hampden Trading Co. from Oxford, MA to checkout a 06' Saab 9-2x. The car was great!...except I physically didn't fit in it being 6'3". Because of the amazing service, low prices and lack of pressure to buy, I test drove a few other cars that where a better fit. I ended up falling in love with an 07' Forester and decided to buy it. There where a few small issues with the car (i.e. needed new brakes and one heated seat didn't work); however, RUSTY made sure those issues where address AND MORE. The timing belt and head gaskets where replaced free of charge! Since I left the lot I've told everyone Hampden Trading Co is the place to buy...especially Subaru. Thanks a ton Rusty and enjoy your winter in FL!

GREAT VALUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOOKED ON CARS.COM FOR A TOYOTA AND HAMPDEN TRADING COMPANY CAME UP AS THE BEST PRICE FOR THE YEAR AND MILEAGE I WAS LOOKING FOR. I HAD A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE AT THE CAR LOT AND TEST DRIVE. RUSTY WALKED ME THROUGH THE BUYING PROCESS WITH GREAT KNOWLEDGE AND MADE IT EASY. I HAVE TOLD FRIENDS AND FAMILY OF THIS COMPANY BECAUSE AFTER LOOKING FOR MONTHS - THEY WERE THE BEST VALUE!

Hampden Trading Co.

I was concerned going through the process of buying a car that I would not find one I loved at a reasonable cost. At Hampden Trading Co. I was able to. I bought a 2006 BMW 325 XI, and I could not be more satisfied. I especially want to thank Rusty, Angela, and Dave for assisting me through the whole process. I really couldn't have done it without them and they answered every question I had. I am glad I went to Hampden Trading Company. I wouldn't change a thing.

Dealer response

Hi Scott, Thank you so much for your review! We're so pleased that you had a great experience at Hampden Trading - as that is what we strive for. Thanks for your business and enjoy your new car!

great service

Very helpful and with a good selection of cars at a great price

Dealer response

Danny, Thank you for your review and for choosing Hampden Trading with the purchase of your vehicle! We're glad we could be helpful to you. Thanks again!

Clean, Hassle free

I bought my first car from here and the process was quick and easy. They were upfront and honest, didn't hassle or hover when I was looking at the car. I bought a 2000 Honda Civic and the condition of the car is amazing. No problems so far. I've had the car for about 2 weeks and I'm loving it.

Dealer response

Thanks for your feedback! We are thrilled you had such a great experience!