Berlin City Honda of Portland

60 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

• September 28, 2016

I recently traded my 2009 Honda Civic, which I had purchased at Berlin, for a 2016 HR-V. My initial experience with my salesman, Steve, was so good, I... went back to him, and was not disappointed. He is easy to deal with, answered my many questions, and has continued to be available even after the sale. I have purchased many cars in my life, and this was about as painless as the process can be. I love my new crossover!

Thank you for letting us know of your shopping experience. We enjoy knowing that it was a great car buying opportunity for you.Enjoy the ride.

August 31, 2018

BEWARE SERVICE IS DISHONEST! They will upcharge whatever they can for any service provided. I went in for a faulty alarm and asked them to disconnect it.... They refused and told me the ONLY option was a new hood latch...then proceeded to charge $140 for diagnostics (less than 1 hour time) and $140 per hour for service (1 hr min), the only reasonable charge was the $140 for the part. Then they had the audacity to add a 12% fee for "Shop Supplies", which was applied to the parts, labor and eve the diagnostics! For a simple hood latch replacement the job the Shop Supply fee was $50 and the total bill was nearly $500..... DO NOT TAKE YOUR VEHICLE HERE. They completely OVERCHARGE!

August 16, 2018

Wrote to inquire about getting additional pics for a vehicle since for whatever unbeknownst reason this seems to be the only dealership in the country... that post 3 JUST 3 exterior pictures of their inventory did i mention just 3 outside pics and many are obscure at that. Stated specifically do not contact me unless pics can be sent to my email. 2 minutes later a phone call to my number is being made and a phishing attempt to get more info outta me rather then simply complying to my request. Hung up on their sales agent in annoyance only for Mr. Ego to call back and we had some words. This dealership is run by ego driven frat boys. No thanks.

July 24, 2018

This dealership is full of crooks. I bought a from them and had it shipped out of the state. The sales tax which they were supposed to cover considering... the fact that they got there money was short almost 250. When I called the dealership to cover there shortage they will not answer nor return a phone call. When I was buying the car they picked up every call. I will be suing them and it’s sad just to get back my 250 which they where supposed to cover.

May 10, 2018

My sales rep was Wonderful. However, there were many conflicting requests the day I arrived to get my vehicle. Following the purchase, there were delays... in getting the auto loan information to the bank. Not snail mailed out until 6 days later which also delayed the ability to submit the title. This dealership does nothing to expedite things for the customer, including refusing to electronically submit loan information to the bank. Never again will I deal with Berlin City.

April 4, 2017

I needed just a basic-oil-change and switch-out-seasonal-tires, planned my appt for 7am so I could get to work directly afterward, was told it could take... 1.5-2hrs, let Norberto know my need to get to work on time, he listened but said it might be possible it would be 8:30am when they finished, halfway thru appt he let me know they were willing to give me a loaner if it was getting close to 8:30am + if that was the case they were willing to do the airbag recall during the day while I was at work so I didn't have to come back next wk, LUCKILY it did not get to that point, I'm assuming they hustled (greatly appreciated), and my car was ready + I was at work with 10min to spare! Thank you!!

thank you.

January 22, 2017

I was looking for a hard-to-find model and color of a car. I dealt with Megan Cogswell and did not find her to be very interested or engaged. Her emails... were shorter than tweets and they rarely answered questions I posed. When I came to the dealership for a test drive and worked with someone else, he assured me he would pass on all of the information I shared with Megan (including about being more flexible about the car's color). He told me that he would be working with his managers to find that car! A week later - no contact - I contacted Megan who asked if I was interested in test driving a car. I responded that I had been in a week ago and had been assured that they were "on it." In the mean time, I began an extensive search for this vehicle in the 3-state area and I began working more closely with another dealership. I found 6 cars in the 3-state area. The other local dealership offered a fair, middle-of-the-road price while 2 out of state dealerships offered prices below MSRP. 2 days later Berlin City reported that they found the car and made an offer that was above invoice. I sent an email asking to clarify what that entailed, because it was $3000 more than what I had from another dealership. I asked about whether their doc fee was included and, if so, how much it was. Ms. Cogswell responded that she was surprised to hear that I had found a deal for such a low price and said that it sounded "too good to be true." I countered that this was an out-of-state deal and I was interested in working in state and asked again about fees and about the exact offer for the car. Megan responded that if I really had such a great deal, that I should go for it because here dealership would go $1500 below sticker and that was it. She never told me about what the exact cost would be because she never told me about their fees. The $1500 could have meant that it got me into the range of what I would pay for the car from an in-state dealer but because all of her correspondence was short, pithy and largely unresponsive, I ultimately stopped dealing with them. It is too bad because Berlin City is far and away the most convenient. My office is less than 2 miles from the dealership. I would have paid more than what the out-of-state dealership offered just for the sake of convenience! My experience left me feeling that this sale - and me - were unimportant. I felt that I was not taken seriously and ultimately dismissed with a virtual shrug. When I'm dropping more than $20,000, I expect a little more courtesy, a little more effort and a lot more respect. I will not EVER take my business to this dealership. I am continue to tell this story to all I know - many of whom are in the market to buy a car.

I do thank you for taking the time to share this information. The experience you had is certainly not the impression we want to leave our customers wi...th, for that I do apologize. When a customer raises concerns as you have, we take it personally. We are committed to providing convenience and value to our customers. Your comments are appreciated; they certainly drive us to continue to be accountable to our Honda customers. Berlin City Honda is deeply embedded in the communities we serve; this passion has allowed us to become an industry leader in Honda customer service. I would welcome your call to speak on regaining your confidence in Berlin City Honda. Your business is truly valued. Michael McPherson 207-774-1429

November 20, 2016

First, Cody greets you and makes sure you are set up for the service you came for and then Michael follows through with an explanation of what needs to... be done. While I was waiting in the beautiful new space, Susan made sure I had anything I needed and answered any questions you might have about how long it would take, etc. Very professional and welcoming.

Thank you for letting us know about your service visit. We appreciate your business.

September 7, 2016

I recently purchased a new Ridgeline from them and was very pleased with the process. It took only a few hours to do a trade and drive off with my new... truck. Fair dealings.

Thank you Chris for deciding that Berlin City Honda was the right place for you. We appreciate your business. Enjoy the Ridgeline.

September 1, 2016

My service here has always been wonderful. I had gotten my previous Honda serviced here for 2 years and recently bought my new Honda here. They have... always done an amazing job. They made the sales process as smooth as possible, gave great advice, and Andrew our sales person even helped out with learning the car, and has been there to help with the process since I purchased my new car. They do a great job here and I would highly recommend this dealership/service center to anyone.

Elle, thanks for letting us know of your recent service fist. We really appreciate knowing this information and we thank you for your business.