Napleton's Elgin Kia

296 reviews

• October 8, 2018

My Honda was totaled (that I expected to drive for another 3-5 years) and when I received my settlement, I only had so much to work with. I was in search... of a car for over 3 weeks and getting frustrated as the local dealerships in Rockford, IL. The Rockford dealerships weren't listening to what I wanted (showing me OLD cars with high mileage and were banana yellow - no joke!), didn't really make any effort to help me, were overpriced by $2,000, and weren't willing to work with me with me at all once they pulled my credit score!! I was feeling pissed, frustrated, discouraged, and embarrassed. My credit score dropped from circumstances that were out of my control at the time. Napleton's Elgin Kia encouraged me to come in and said they offered 100% financing. Honestly, I was hesitant because I didn't want my time wasted. That said, I'm glad that I drove to Elgin and meeting with Alex Lara. Alex listened to what I wanted and didn't try to bulls**t me. The sales manager and financing manager did everything they could to help me out as well, which I truly appreciated. I thought I was going to walk away without a car again, but that wasn't the case.... I was able to drive out with a new used car (that had everything I was looking for) that day! The finance manager also gave me advice on what I needed to do to increase my credit rating over the next 1-2 years and to come back and see them, which has given me hope and motivation again, because I plan to purchase a house in about 2 years. I'm once again feeling good, positive, and confident. :) I will recommend Napleton's Elgin Kia to everyone from now on. They certainly gained my trust and loyalty.

November 8, 2018

I had my eyes on a CX5 or CX9 for about a year. And my husband and I finally visited the Napelton Mazda dealership in Countryside. Walter Woods made... this the smoothest and easiest car buying experience ever. I left with a 2017 Mazda CX5 and I couldn't be happier! Thanks to Walter and Tom in financing! You two are a rock-star team!

November 6, 2018

I LOVE my Sorento and I couldn't be happier with their customer service. Josh B. quite literally WENT THE DISTANCE and personally dropped off my car... in Chicago. Love them so much!!!

October 17, 2018

Went in for my appointment with Dave lomoso and he was so helpful! It was my first new car so I was nervous and excited but he explained everything to... me and assured me when I was nervous to test drive. He got me the best deal possible and gave me all of the essentials I needed! I now am a proud owner of a 2018 Kia Forte and I couldn't be happier!! Everyone go see Dave he's the best!

October 17, 2018

Great staff willing to get you into the car you want. Clean dealership. Referred by another happy customer. I would recommend to friends and family.

October 7, 2018

Looking for a vehicle went to Napleton of Elgin sales rep Pete Mattison helped me and I left very satisfied. No pressure great service. Highly recommend.

September 21, 2018

I arrived at the Kia dealer wanting to gather info on a car I want to buy. Salesman came right out and started the interrogations. Questions and more... questions... so much so I couldn’t ask my questions. Any way I understood it’s his job. So, he asked if I wanted to test drive the car and I said no because I wanted to research the car before I fell in love with the car. He said no problem; can I give you my business card. I said sure. His Manager came out with him wanted to show the salesperson how it was done! He wanted to know why I wouldn’t take the car for a test drive… I replied I wanted to do research before I got emotionally involved with the car. He then said” What are you afraid of?” that was a womanizing thing to say… I felt attacked! I was so angry!!! How dare he say that to me!!! NO RESPECT! I will never buy a car there!!! I will go to a different dealer and will buy from a female salesperson!!!!

September 8, 2018

This place is reducilous! I went in there to test drive a car, and upon getting in the car noticed that there were only 3 miles to completely empty on... the gas. The salesman had to get a credit card and our first stop was buying gas so it could even be driven, what?? And then we come back to discuss things. The breaks were grinding and I said I wouldn't purchase it without that being fixed, and then he proceeded to ask me why I was asking for a lower price. He actually asked, "why would you want to save money?" What??? Again. After he left to discuss my reasonable questions and didn't come back for 10 min I walked out. What a joke the entire experience was!

August 28, 2018

We went in to consider a sportage and drove home in a 2019 sportage. Jorge greeted us and made the selection and negotiation process enjoyable. I think... every manager in the store at some point introduced themselves and ultimately thanked us for doing business with them. If I was to make any kind of a recommendation, it would be to speed up the time between the hand shake and the signing of the documents. It took a long time. They know their product and business.

August 28, 2018

After doing a lot of research on the Internet, mostly at https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings, my wife and I decided that we wanted a 2018 Kia... Niro Touring FWD. We made an appointment with Napleton’s Elgin Kia and verified that the vehicle we wanted was available. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly by sales consultant Dan Johnson. Dan let us take a test drive in the Kia Niro and answered all of our concerns and questions about the car. Dan was very knowledgeable and very patient with us. Once we were comfortable with our decision to buy the car, Dan carefully and patiently explained all of the details of our purchase, such as taxes, fees, and options, down to the penny. I highly recommend Napleton’s Elgin Kia, and Dan Johnson in particular, to anyone wanting to buy a new car.