Hertz Car Sales Beaverton

Saturday 9:00am–7:00pm
Sunday 11:00am–6:00pm
(503) 574-2653 (503) 574-2653

3.8

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

4.0

Helpful staff - sorry to see them go

Found a good car at a great price. Didn't end up buying the car due to Hertz closing their car sales operation. We looked and found a vehicle the day before they closed down the sales group and returned the vehicles to their rental fleet. Just not enough time for us to complete the financing.

Best car buying experience, thanks Jim!

This was a great experience buying a vehicle in Beaverton. Jim our sales person was attentive and super friendly. We were greeted when we arrived. We just wanted to test drive a few cars to help narrow our selection. Jim handed us cold bottles of water and sent us to pick the cars to test drive while he finished with his customer. We test drove two vehicles and I bought one that day. My new SUV is fully loaded, certified and I added the extended warranty. Now I have the nicest car on my block. Thanks again for your friendly service Jim.

1.0

Horrible Experience!

I was interested in purchasing a 2020 Nissan Murano. I did the rent to buy, as I wanted to take it to my mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection. (I only kept the vehicle for 1 night, less than 24 hours) They found an oil leak. I went straight back to Hertz, showed them the paperwork, and was met with disbelief. I was told they would take it over to the airport, where it would be looked at. I asked that they notify me about what was happening. No one contacted me. I went down in person to find out what was going on the following day. They were dismissive that the car was leaking oil, as it didn't leave a spot on their lot. It was then, I learned the vehicle hadn't been taking to the airport at all. I took it back to my mechanic, this time, I had pics to show the leak.(It only leaks when it's been driven!) Again, no one contacted me back. I had made several calls, no one responded. I finally got Jason Moore, the "Sales mgr," who then proceeded to yell at me. He was trashing my mechanic, who've I been going to for more than 15 years!, They are a reputable, and trusted business with stellar reviews! He was beyond rude and dismissive with me, he actually said, "You keep calling me!" Not professional and inappropriate, as he not once returned one of my calls. He wasn't willing to help me, when I inquired about the price I was going to be charged for the rental. He just said, call Hertz rent to buy. I felt he could care less about helping me. I was extremely upset being spoken to like that. It wasn't until I called the corporate office that I got help, after a very lengthy hold time. I was then told, yes, it was leaking, after they took it to Nissan where it was repaired. Not once, was I told, "I'm sorry!" The news with Hertz filing bankrupty was just made public, and I honestly feel, they don't care about helping a potential customer. While the car was nice, this entire experience was negative and stressful. I decided to pass, and listen to my gut, that's saying...Stay clear! I as a consumer, can take my business elsewhere, where I'm treated in a respectful and professional manner, where they truly value my business. Hertz failed on all accounts

3.3

Bad quality cars

I bought a 2018 Toyota Corolla in Nov 2019 with mileage around 34000 miles. I assumed Toyota is built to last. But In May 2020, the AC compressor failed when the car mileage was around 38900 miles. Now I was without bumper to bumper coverage and it cost me another $1300 approx to fix the compressor. Could not believe a Toyota Corolla to have such a bad quality build. The one year extended warranty provided by Hertz Sales was useless for this car as the powertrain warranty is already covered by Toyota Powertrain warranty. So be aware!

Absolutely crushing it

Buying a car felt like having a conversation not haggling until no one was happy. Jim listened to me, knew what I was looking for and wasn’t satisfied until I was happy. The experience was so good I thought of a way to improve customer relations/care. You don’t do that if you aren’t invested in their success

Dealer response

Thank you so much for your 5-star review, Patrick. We're glad to hear that Jim could provide you with the customer service that you deserve, and that you're pleased with your overall experience. We hope we can keep up the great service the next time you are in the market.

WOW, what a great deal!!!

What an easy way to buy a car! I was shocked it was so quick and simple. Got a volvo we where looking at locally for about $28k, Brand new was about $36k... we did not want to pay that much... but found Hertz Car sales had one in beaverton? Went to check it at and how low miles, was basicly new and we only paid $22k out that door!!! More then that it was super straight forward and upfront about what to expect and was in and out in like 45 mins. We did set an apt, they have a small staff and from the looks of it they just move these cars along, there where maybe 6 or 7 other ppl also buying cars and looking, they had to send a few away even that did not have a apt. I was very impressed! Thank you for the Great deal on my BEAUTIFUL white Volvo Josh... oh and ask for Josh he was Great, funny dude!

Dealer response

Thank you for the 5-star review. Our prices at all locations are upfront to create a haggle-free, comfortable environment.

1.0

Waste of Time

Test drove a 2016 Nissan and applied for financing. They offered me a 5.89% APR and only lowered it to 3.8% when they found out my bank offered lower. I declined and asked for a purchase order which I faxed to my bank. The bank was ready to issue a check however Hertz Car Sales doesn't hold vehicles and offers no guarantee that the car will be there if I go through with the loan. At this point don't plan on getting a car here if you want to involve your bank. Sales people are nice but the supervisors are horrible to deal with. Beware that you will waste time.

Dealer response

We sincerely apologize for this experience, Abe. Please reach out to us at help@hertzcustomercare.com with details regarding your concerns, so we may further investigate this issue and do our best to assist.

Hertz Car Sales

Kyle Gruskovak helped us buy a new car and it was a very pleasant experience. The car is in excellent condition and the price is very reasonable.

1.8

Horrible car buying experience

We drove 3 /12 hours to see the vehicle we had made an appointment to see it. Once we arrived we were very disappointed the car had one huge dent on the door that was not visible in the pictures nor was it disclosed on the vehicle description. Vehicle was very dirty on the inside and salesman said he could vacuum but no detailing the vehicle. I wish we had seen the dent on the door and that the bumper was not secured properly on the vehicle before we got there. We wouldn't have made the long drive and wasted our time and the salesman time. Horrible experience worst ever.

1.6

Not a pleasant car buying experience.

They never sent the plates to the right address. They requested a power of attorney to send the plates to the address we have originally provided. We sent a signed power of attorney to them. They confirmed they received it and then, they lose it. They waited full 3 weeks to let me know they needed a new power of attorney, even though I have been calling them twice every week to check and see if they needed anything else from our side.