Berman's INFINITI of Merrillville

194 reviews

194 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Berman's INFINITI of Merrillville from DealerRater.com

Read reviews that mention:

May 28, 2019

They were very friendly and not a hard sell. Would work with again.price was a fair market value and they gave me a fair price for my trade in and called... a few days later to see if we were happy.

Richard, thank you kindly for your feedback and review. Welcome to the Berman family!

May 16, 2019

When I went in to purchase my vehicle, I knew exactly what I wanted, and that's what I got. They did not try to push anything on me or pressure me into... buying anything I didn't want, as I have experienced with other dealerships. Friendly people, and our sales person, Hector, was very nice. Easy process in getting financed, great rates.

Alicia, thank you kindly for your feedback and review. Welcome to the Berman family!

• September 30, 2017

I had a really good experience at Bermans Infiniti of Merrillville. Steve worked hard to get me to a payment that worked. I recommend Stoppingvat Bermans... before going anywhere else. Definitely see Steve.

Ray, thank you so much for your kind words and endorsement. We greatly appreciate you giving us a 5 star rating too. Welcome to the Berman family!

May 6, 2019

Really appreciate working with Nick when our Infiniti needs service. He is professional, friendly and effecient. He looks for ways to help vs others sometimes... look for ways why they can't. 5 stars - thank you Nick!

cp_juliew, thank you kindly for your feedback and review. Welcome to the Berman family!

April 25, 2019

Writing on behalf of my mother. I personally needed to buy a car a few weeks ago, ended up buying one in the Chicago Burbs (2016 Lexus IS300) for price... of 27k. I am an 803 fico with strong debt to income. The dealer I used tried to push me into a 5.99 apr, when I knew my credit union would give me 3.5 or 4.0 at worst. I explained this to the Finance manager and told him I would refinance before he got credit for the loan and magically he came back with a 3.6% offer. Fortunately I have a lot of experience working with Car dealers. Fast forward 2 weeks, my mother found a nice used 2015 bmw (nearly exact same mileage as the lexus) at Berman (north of 810 credit score, was trading a car she had at least 5k in equity and frankly has a way better cash position than I personally do and even offered to put a lot more down on the car). Their first offer was the same as my first offer at 5.99, she called me and I told her it was not good to push back and tell them you will refinance before they get credit for the loan. She just wanted the car so they came back at 4.75% and she signed the deal and left with the car. My mother has no debt (no cc's, no mortgage, no car payments and very strong retirement position, etc.....) yet her son with a LOT Of debt somehow got a 3.6%. This is the kind of behavior I read about on dealerrefresh where everyone complains about the "bad rap" car dealers get. This is EXACTLY why, they knew she loved the car and wanted to leave that night with it. A significantly OVERQUALIFIED buyer with equity on her trade, amazing credit and they had to gouge her. I will be helping her refinance out of this loan quickly to one she deserves so the dealership wasted a WHOLE bunch of time and paper to not get credit. Too much info out there to try to still sell cars like it is the 80's.

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback and take it seriously. I did review the deal that we helped your mom with and I would like ...to point out a couple of things. Your mom purchased a 2015 (4 model years old) and she did apply for an extended term loan (72 months). She is a very qualified borrower and therefore she received an interest rate of 4.77%. I did a quick Google search and found the average used car rate currently is 4.74% according to www.bankrate.com. I think when you factor in the age of the used car and the extended term (72 months), your mom received a very competitive finance rate. I take great pride in the team that we have assembled here at Berman INFINITI of Merrillville. We are not perfect, but we train daily on helping our customers and building long term relationships. I am always available to discuss this with you and/or you mom. My cell is 815-693-3325. Tim CurranExecutive Manager

March 5, 2019

Worst service ever, Sales were good when I bought my 2014 Q50s, bought it in Aug 2017 "Certified" with 27,000 miles. In May of 2018 the transmission goes... out, I take the car to the service department (worst thing I've ever done) I was originally told it'll take about 2-3 weeks for a transmission replacement, a week later Gary Grant called and said that the transmission is not in stock and that he checked every dealer in the country and that I have to wait for Japan to send 1 over, I'm not mad that I ended up picking the car up in August (not 2-3 weeks) but I had a loaner the whole time so thanks for that. After I picked the car up the very next day the car breaks down in the middle of the highway (same thing it did when I was told the transmission was out) and that turned into a nightmare, I dropped the car off for the same issue 8 times after the transmission was replaced and each time the car would sit for 7-10 days and they call and say it's ready. We're in January 2019 the last time I dropped it off was in October and I have pic/video proof that the car is still not fixed. Now every time I call them they don't answer nor return my calls or messages. The service manager (Chuck Grant) is the worse service manager I've ever dealt with. I called him and didn't leave a voicemail once and he gave me a lecture about leaving messages (mind you I called him after failing To get a hold of Gary Grant 3 times with messages left) I started leaving messages for him and not a single call back. I went there and they wouldn't give me a loaner saying we can't keep giving u loaners every week! (Fix my freking car that I paid $36K for then, I'm not dying to drive ur loaners and I own businesses and don't have time to keep coming back) Finally a iPass violation came in which forced Chuck Grant to finally call me, I drove 10 different loaners in 6 months of runarounds not a single violation, Gary always saw me take my iPass and put it in their loaner before I left. I have emails of him totally ignoring all my calls and messages and skipping Str8 to 3 iPass violations. Empty promises from corporate so far and here I am with a car that broke completely broke down this morning and I called Berman 4+ times (picture below) asking for "Tim" no answer twice and 2 messages left No call back yet. Very disappointed a new GM doesn't return calls smh. I'm stranded as we speak and the dealer that collected $35K won't honor his "Certified unlimited mileage" warranty. Check engine light is on and the car is completely dead. Now I have to call roadside and see if they would tow it to Orland Park Infiniti and pray they would touch it this time.

Mr. Jaber, I called you and told me that it was a bad time and you would call me. Please call me at your convenience and I will do my best to help yo...u. My cell is 815-693-3325. Tim Curran

January 29, 2019

I purchased a car for my daughter. Paid them with cashers checks, they could not make change or write a check. I was told corp. needed to issue the check,... they had to write a request for the refund. Took them a week to write request. Two weeks later they still don't know if corp. has issued the refund check. If someone is due a refund, PAY THEM. Agreed on price with internet sales mgt. $9250. They then proceeded to raise the price. DRIVE PASS BERMAN AUTO GROUP. DO NOT STOP. If this how they do business they need to look up the meaning of ETHICS (the system or code of morals). Tim Curran and crew have forgotten basic marketing. The Factor of Ten. BWK

Thank you for your feedback, BWK. Please contact General Manager Tim Curran who will be more than happy to address your concerns. He will do his very ...best to resolve this situation to your satisfaction. Tim can be reached via phone at 219-525-4500 or email tcurran@berman.com.

January 3, 2019

Service department work brake job was excellent Front brakes work the 100% better than before. I would recommend the service department. Everyone was... very nice to work with

MDM, thank you kindly for your feedback and review. Welcome to the Berman family!

January 2, 2019

Tim Curran and his crew, Has provided ANOTHER great purchasing experience that they have a very loyal customer going forward!!! Tim's crew in particular... (Kevin Frazier) provided a welcoming, very polite and informative purchasing environment. An issue came up with the vehicle I purchased and Tim Curran immediately got involved and provided a resolution of another make, model from Infinity with no questions asked! Truly a very great purchasing experience and would recommended this dealership because of his personnel!!!! Loyal customer, Dennis .

Deniss11, thank you kindly for your feedback and review. Welcome to the Berman family!

December 17, 2018

Very friendly very eager to earn your business Great staff - However, I would recommend NOT blowing smoke to those customers who have done their research.

Pbone, thank you kindly for your feedback and review. Welcome to the Berman family!