Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro

75 reviews

October 11, 2018

Summary: definitely the worst customer experience of my life. Sexist innuendo (can a girl really buy a car?), broken appointments with no apologies or... explanations, and a horrendous paperwork snafu with the title. The Story: I purchased a 2015 Forester from Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro in March, paid cash in full for the sale. Patriot agreed to title the vehicle for me in my home state, since I’m a student and temporary resident (for a fee, of course), so I could keep my plates. Buying the car wasn’t a great experience - my salesperson had me drive out to the dealership to buy the car when there was no one there to handle the paperwork and over the buying process made some comments insinuating that I (as a woman? as a young woman?) couldn't drive stick, and couldn't sign for this vehicle by myself; then the financial manager was a half hour late to a scheduled appointment the next day, with an excuse but no apology. Rude, but I was willing to overlook this so I could get the vehicle I wanted. I’ll acknowledge that it was a relatively complicated case, involving an out-of-state registration, but it took a month for the temporary registration to come in, during which time I heard nothing from the dealership - no updates, ever. And when I called and emailed, it was difficult to get anyone on the phone. I took possession of the vehicle in April, with the assurance that I’d get a title in the mail. Three months went by with no sign of the title. In August, I called the DMV and was told that they never received the paperwork or payment. I followed up with calls and emails to Patriot but it took multiple contacts for me to get through to the right person. After a few weak assurances from the title clerk at Patriot that they were dealing with it and talking with the 3rd party agent who handles out-of-state registrations, and after I spent hours on the phone with the folks at the DMV (who were quite nice, it turns out), I stopped hearing from the title clerk at Patriot - she never picked up my calls, and didn’t return emails. When a simple “we’re working on it, this is what we’re doing, we haven’t forgotten you” would have done the trick for me as a customer, I got nothing. I called the dealership several times to speak with sales managers, who could give me no information and seemed confused about the details of the issue. Finally, after a manager emailed me and told me, falsely, that it was taking so long because the car I bought was titled in Michigan (it was a Rhode Island title), I emailed the whole managerial staff and the owner, detailing my title issue and my communications with them in the 6 weeks since I had discovered there was a problem, and letting them know I would be submitting a complaint to Consumer Protections in the Mass. Attorney General’s Office if I didn’t hear from them. Needless to say, I did not hear from them. My last communication with them was that email. However, this last email must have gotten someone at Patriot moving on my case, or at least tired of dealing with me directly, because I got a call from their 3rd party agent, who was attentive, responsive to my calls, and called me with updates. Finally, in the first week of October, the 3rd party took care of the problem. I would NEVER recommend Patriot Subaru of NA to anyone hoping to buy a Subaru in the RI/Southeastern Mass area. Their sexism, rude and dismissive behavior, and lack of follow-through on the title issue were unacceptable. Subarus are great cars. Skip Patriot and look for another dealer.

September 29, 2018

Jason was great to work with through the whole process. He had my car ready with all the additional options in less than a day.

September 3, 2018

Awesome from beginning to end, now I have a new Crosstrek! Would not hesitate to recommend this dealership to anyone! I will probably buy another Subaru... here in the near future.

August 5, 2018

Pat Dorcena is a very professional person to deal with. Finance Should learn from him. A person with stellar credit, should not receive a percentage rate... in the high sixes, not having credit pulled before going in. Is a sign that they are taking a cut from the bank, by bumping your percentage rate. Then telling me that it was impossible to get a rate in the low 4s. When in fact two weeks earlier I had done that. Especially with a bank that I have financed 4 cars through. Belittles my salesman in front of us. Only dealership I have walked out on in the finance part. Very unprofessional. Very serious on purchasing the car. To be treated like that is bull. Putting down jeep dealership. When I have just purchased one is crazy. All my years in the service I have never seen a Subaru on the battlefield. Maybe finance should get his facts straight. Jeep has been around since 1941 and served our forces for decades. Walked out of there went to jeep and received a rate in the 3s. With credit score pulled before walking in to finance. Treated fairly in and out within two hours with car. Instead of wasting two days, then trying to have a fast one pulled. Will never step into dealership again. If you absolutely love the Subaru. Do yourself a favor and go to the planet Subaru’s family. Planet Jeep and first jeep are high class dealerships interested in taking care or their customer. I am proud of serving my country, for the better of the people in it. Rather than have a dealership try to screw the people that our veterans are trying to protect. Very dissatisfied veteran Stay with jeep you will not go wrong

July 3, 2018

The salesperson Pat was fantastic! I’m very happy with my new manual transmission Subaru Forester. Very disappointed to find out this is the last... year Subaru is making a manual transmission forester. It feels like Subaru is forcing customers to buy what they want us to buy just like all the other car companies that sell SUVs.

March 18, 2018

Recently I purchased an Outback from Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro. The whole process was simple and pain-free. The staff at this dealership is refreshingly... friendly, respectful, and accommodating. As soon as I entered the dealership I knew this would be a "different" (and much better) experience. Betty is a knowledgeable, friendly, and easy-to-work-with salesperson. She explained everything that I needed to know about the features of the Outback and answered my questions clearly. It is obvious that this dealership is committed to gaining lifelong satisfied customers. Not only does Patriot Subaru sell vehicles, but they support important causes such as dog adoption and caring for the environment via "green" practices. Simply put, Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro "does the right thing."

November 30, 2017

Pat was wonderful to work with and helped me find a car easily with no stress. It was a pleasure working with everyone at patriot Subaru. Strongly recommend... to anyone who is looking to buy a car.

July 28, 2017

This was by far my most stress free car buying experience. The staff was accomodating, knowledgeable and efficient. Special shout out to Ryan for taking... care of me. It was a pleasure dealing with him. He made the whole process smooth and hassle free.

June 5, 2017

I had such a wonderful experience at Patriot Subaru. My salesman Marty Ross goes above and beyond. He walked me through each step of the way and made... sure I got the car of my dreams. And continues to help me with learning my new car. And Shawn, the Financial Manager was also wonderful. He explained every form and looked out for my interest. I can't say enough about the N. Attleboro MA dealership!!! Wonderful Staff and very clean atmosphere. Thank you to all of you.

June 1, 2017

All Around great experience! The service and care was fantastic. Loving my new Subaru!