United Auto Exchange

42 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

December 16, 2018

This place is full of scammers and do nothing to make their vehicles ready for resale. I went there to take a look at a 2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor. Upon... inspecting the vehicle for less than 10 minutes without even taking it for a test drive I noticed: - Someone had cut away plastic panels on the under carriage - All the buttons on the key had been broken off, causing the vehicles alarm to go off when you get in it because it can't be disarmed - The rear windshield washer would spray fluid in to the cargo area rather than on the rear windshield - It was missing the jack - The radio would intermittently play static at maximum volume - Both heated front seats were broken - Multiple buttons were broken off of the drivers side power seat - The brake rotors surfaces were corroded and pitted - When I hooked up my scan tool, the check engine light had been reset 5.9 miles ago I asked the salesman what they had done to the car to refurbish it, and he pulled the paperwork and said new brake pads/rotors/calipers. None of which would have caused the check engine light to come on, on this car. He spoke with the manager, who called someone on the phone, and then they claimed they replaced the battery as well. If they had replaced the battery it would have been on their paperwork. I get the impression that this place is selling cars with serious powertrain issues and resetting the check engine lights hoping they wont come back on when people take them on test drives. In addition they are not making their cars road worthy. I would suggest anyone avoid this place and go to a more reputable dealer who can actually bother to refurbish their cars.

Mr. Burnett, in an effort to keep all consumers informed with factual information of our dealership, I am choosing to answer this misleading review. ...The fact is that you came into our dealership looking to purchase the 2008 Mitsubishi we currently have in stock. This is a vehicle that was first put into service 10 years and 11 months ago to be exact in the State of Illinois, per Carfax. We do not claim that our vehicles are 100% free of cosmetic problems such as the ones caused by rust and corrosion in our lovely State of Illinois. These are used vehicles; however, we do indeed put our vehicles through an inspection and make any and all necessary repairs to put good cars for sale. All which can be proven by contacting the local mechanic shops we patronized. We are a reputable dealership which can be backed by our thousands of happy customers. We do strive to give all our prospective customers the best experience possible. However, there are other factors that affect this process including the fact that these are used vehicles. The fact is that you were offended because we could not take your offer of $3000 below asking price. If we could have, we would have. We are here to sell cars; but that was not a fair offer and I am very sorry we could not come to an agreement. I do believe this car is good enough to sell otherwise you would not have tried to purchase it even after in your opinion, discovering all the issues you mentioned none which were a "serious power-train" issue.

December 5, 2018

I had a great experience buying a BMW from this dealership. The staff is friendly and helpful, I never felt pressured by the sales team and the whole process... was very smooth. I financed through a bank they found with a reasonable rate and monthly payments. I will be coming here in the future when it's time to buy another car. Highly recommended!

December 2, 2018

Extremely disappointed! Car was NOT clean (filthy, sticky grime on controls & lots of dried leaves in compartments). Many undisclosed essential items... inoperable (trunk button won't engage/ open AND broken glass (back glass had a crack from top to bottom, drivers window has crack. The Starks Fire Chief said it is not safe to drive because window could shatter at driving speeds). It took over 2 weeks to be delivered incurring a weeks worth of hotel bills because I had sold/delivered my car with a promised delivery date by our horrible salesman Ben whom totally abandoned us leaving us hanging and would not return any calls. Nope nothing! Manager, Michael was rude and too dropped the ball.

July 2, 2018

Please avoid this dealer by any means. 90 days ago I brought a Range Rover after having it for 2 weeks the check engine light came on. I took it back and... was told it was replaced. 2 more weeks the engine fail to pick up speed so I took it back they kept it for 6 days and said it was nothing. 2-3 weeks same issue so I called and sent pics was told my warranty should cover it. So I took it to Land Rover and what do you know the transmission module had to be replaced. Oh it gets worse the warranty said it wasn’t covered. I called UAX they told me I didn’t buy enough coverage but after investigation I got the middle plan that covers engine and trans. I bit the bullet and paid $3330 for Land Rover to replace the module. Oh here is another issue two days out the shop was told I need brakes I’m like ok that’s not bad. Took it to a brake mechanic and guess what I need brake pads, rotors and calipers front and back. The labor was only $400 it’s the parts that cost from Auto Zone at that total price $2100 lol. Moral of the story you shouldn’t have to put $6000 in a car you purchase 90 days ago with a warranty. They did nothing to that car when they brought it but sold it and I’m reaping the consequences. I’m sharing my story I’m not mad just a lesson learned.

May 21, 2018

Just finished purchasing a Porsche Panamera GTS from this dealership last weekend. The GTS trimline of the Panamarea is very difficult to find at a reasonable... price. They were able to find an excellent vehicle (fully loaded & decent miles). It was also priced reasonably for condition/mile. We even traveled 3 hrs from out of state (twice) to get the deal done. Mike, Ben and Tricia really made a great impression and made this used car purchase as painless as possible. Thanks & Great Job!!

November 29, 2017

Last week, after much deliberation on a number of cars, I made a decision to purchase a BMW. Frank was exceptional. Initially, he was kind and considerate... over the phone. He worked it out so that I was able to take the car, twice, overnight to get a better feel for the car. I also was able to have the car inspected by my mechanic. When it came down to hammering out the deal, after a little fun back and forth, Jeff, the owner, was able to work out a fair deal on the car. I'm not a newbie to the process; I currently own 6 cars...this experience ranks at the top. Nice work, guys!

November 26, 2017

First time going to a used car dealership. Why, because being a female I like buying a car with bumper to bumper warranty since I don't know much about... car repair. I was skeptical at first,but the staff overwhelmed me with assurance and ease of mind. I believe I worked with Homero. He was very helpful, I have to speak on the whole staff and all I have to say is wonderful experience. From the owner,to the finance, to sales it all went so smooth. They don't harass you,or pressure you. They are very helpful and courteous. I would definitely recommend UAX to everyone. I would definitely buy another vehicle from this place. They have gained my confidence and trust.

October 21, 2017

I work in the industry and was very impressed by RJ and the rest of the group. Ended up buying a Corvette without any hassle. Car runs and looks excellent... and the process was quick. I traded a heavily modified car and they gave me a fair trade value and worked with me on the price on the Vette. They know about value of cars and will not spit in your face with a wholesale number they pull out of a book. Definitely recommend and will purchase again.

October 4, 2017

This was my 2nd experience with United Auto Exchange. I came back after having such a great experience the first time! Frank & George work hard to find... a vehicle that matches your specific needs & address any/all potential concerns that you may have. They genuinely enjoy putting you in a vehicle that you will be happy with at a fair price. I highly recommend United Auto Exchange to anyone looking for a good, used vehicle. I can now proudly say that I am a loyal, returning customer!

April 20, 2017

Recently bought a 1993 Cadillac Allante'. My salesperson was Homero, he did everything he could, to make the few things, not quite right, "Right". I... would recommend UAX and Homero. Sincerely, Terry