HiLine Motorsports LLC

5.0 out of 5 (5.0) 113 reviews

Call This Dealer

Used

• January 6, 2017

I began my search for an SL63 AMG in early 2016. I looked on line and contacted several dealers with inquiries about various cars they had listed on ...line, but because this was a big purchase for me, I wanted to be sure the car was as advertised, so I paid for several Mercedes mechanics to look these vehicles over. In each case they came back with one issue or another...one had been repainted even though the car fax was perfect. When I contacted HiLine, I was a little gun shy and frankly getting tired of looking. My experience with these guys was absolutely A++ every step of the way. Larry and his magician Doryan gave me a car that quite simply is the very best vehicle I've ever owned. It was and still is perfect or very nearly perfect in every way. I even made a trip out to Philly to see the car (from my home in South Dakota), and not only did Doryan take me through the intricacies of this vehicle, he literally taught me how to drive it. I really didn't realize that mine was technically a race ready vehicle. WHAT A BLAST TO DRIVE!!!. I am now looking for a Porsche to replace my wife's Audi TT and won't even consider going anywhere else than Hiline. Thanks Larry and Doryan. I'll see you soon. Go Eagles!! If anyone questions their purchase, please just give me a call. I would be happy to personally recommend these guys.

March 13, 2018

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG I heard horror stories about AMGs, but I always wanted one. Larry explained all these issues to me as a warning, explai...ning which ones had come up with this car and which ones *could* come up. He explained the engine, the power, the many components. After a thorough review of the vehicle, from me and him, I bought it. A year on and there was an issue with an intake (common to AMG apparently). I called Larry and asked if he had any recommendations where I could get it fixed. He told me to bring it in. He did not charge me for the parts and 2 hours of labor for the fix. The cheapest local Benz dealer I could find was more than $2,000.00. I will never buy a car elsewhere.

March 13, 2018

I purchased a 2007 Mercedes C280 4Matic from Hiline. The owner, Larry was amazing. It was the best car buying experience I have ever had. I had my eye... on a Porsche Panamara, and when I told Larry the features I wanted in a car he said I may be better served by the Mercedes, even though it was a cheaper car, because it had better MPG and a better 4WD system, as well as a longer history of reliability. Too honest to be a car dealer.

March 13, 2018

Just purchased my 5th vehicle from Larry. Every single time the experience is amazing and I walk out with more confidence in my purchase than when I h...ave bought new. I trust Larry not just for myself but for my family and their safety. I will never purchase a used car from anyone else.

March 12, 2018

I have purchased multiple vehicles over the years from Hiline Motorsports and each time the service, expertise and quality are second to none. You ge...t the best value based on the vehicle mileage and condition.

February 20, 2018

I purchased a used Maserati from out of state & never saw the vehicle. Upon delivery I discovered streaks of some substance on various parts of the ca...r. The owner plead ignorance & offered no help from the shipper. It took my detailer 2 days to remove the streaks. The ad stated it was the "Executive series" and upon calling Maserati found it to be a base model. Dealer blamed the auction even though legally they are supposed to know what they are selling. Ad stated everything worked, new inspection, needs nothing...etc. Rear driver window motor bad. Rear passenger door leaks, wipers don't work, gas cap won't open only by pulling emergency cable, navigation was broken I fixed that, trunk panels on both sides are broken, & for a one owner the Carfax was very questionable. He blamed the state of PA. for that. Bottom line is I have only driven it about 6 times and each time I discover new issues. This is a 2006 with 23k miles. I would expect things to need repair but his ad's are so laden with hyperbole that it caught me off guard. No apologies just excuses as to why the issues were there. You need to make him put something in writing as you will fill out enumerable forms releasing his accountability on his vehicles. I did speak to one of his mechanics who was polite & helpful as well.

Customer bought 2006 Maserati Quatroporte with 22K miles sold new for $120K. Paid $22K. We completed numerous services prior to sale (which totaled ov...er $10K and included recent clutch replacement, 4 New Tires and Brakes, a New Window Regulator, a New PA Inspection/Emission, New Battery and recommended routine maintenance. The vehicle was shipped in an enclosed trailer via 3rd party carrier. The carrier did a full inspection prior to loading/departure and noted no "streaks of substance." Customer accepted delivery upon receipt/inspection and signed the bill of lading provided by the carrier. Days after delivery, customer contacted us claiming there were vertical streaks on multiple panels. The streaks were very conspicuous and would not have been missed by us, the carrier or the buyer. Upon viewing photos of the streaks we confirmed that they could be removed via simple buffing which did, in fact, remove them. Shortly thereafter, Customer complained of an inoperative window. We explained we had just tested all windows and had replaced the rear passenger regulator. We provided receipt of this repair to Customer. Customer claimed the driver's window was inoperative. We offered to send him a window motor but he said he would take care of the issue. Customer then said the navigation unit was inoperative. Our technician called him and explained how the system works. This resolved the issue. Customer then said the car lacked parking sensors, but the car was equipped with park assist as you could see from the circular sensors on the bumper in photos. Customer then sent a profanity-laced and derogatory email complaining about the vehicle. The next day, Customer sent another email apologizing for the profane email, explaining he was drunk. After all of this, we received a negative review nearly half a year after sale with Customer claiming his wipers and gas cap do not work. The car was sold with a 3rd Party independent PA inspection & emission, which are exhaustive and meticulously regulated by the Pennsylvania DOT. The vehicle would have failed this inspection had any of the issues (apart from streaking) been present. I repeatedly encouraged the customer to research the type of vehicle he was purchasing (as I do with all buyers) to familiarize himself with problems that are typical to that vehicle, particularly an Italian sports/luxury car. I further explained that issues which may arise after date of purchase are not the seller's responsibility, but rather a typical consequence of the type of vehicle he purchased. A 12 year old Maserati is not the most reliable car to own. Italian cars in general are problematic, but this is even more true of Alfa Romeos, Fiats and pre-2000 Maseratis. We do our best to ensure that all items are working as they should but we cannot predict when a mechanical item will fail. We have specialized in Hiline cars for nearly 20 years, satisfying thousands of customers. Nobody is perfect but this review is unwarranted considering all factors. We discuss our highly detailed disclosures, requiring customer approval of dozens of features, mechanical components, aesthetic exterior and interior items and electric components prior to sale of every vehicle. The customer must express his/her approval of all such items prior to sale. In our disclosures we take great pains to explain that with any pre-owned vehicle, while everything WILL be perfect when the vehicle leaves the lot, anything can happen once it is being driven on a regular basis. We explain that this is particularly true of certain vehicles (Maserati Land Rover Fiat for example), and warn of potential headaches in owning such vehicles. We stress that for local purchasers, we can repair most of these in-house, but for non-PA purchasers, this likely won't possible for logistical reasons. Regardless, we do everything possible to address issues that arise after purchase, even with notoriously problematic vehicles out of warranty. That was the case here.

February 5, 2018

What a difference between Larry and the other used salesmen I've met before! The car was exactly as represented. The buying process was simple, with ...no hidden fees. Larry is obviously very knowledgeable, has a passion for automobiles and comes across and one who knows he is selling a product of quality, which he is also willing to back-up.

December 31, 2017

Purchased this beautiful 2004 Porsche 996 Carrera Cab from Larry Williams and Hiline Motorsports in October. The overall buying experience gives both ...value and transparency, and I can assure prospective buyers that you will also have an excellent experience. The 996 was in great condition for a vehicle almost 15 years old. The motor is awesome, runs great and has no leaks or other concerns. Larry and his team back up the purchase with a 90-day drivetrain warranty, and also took care of several issues that I discovered after the sale. This 996 has the original IMSB and we discussed whether to install one of the aftermarket retrofit bearings, but I decided to stay with the original for now, and perhaps change it out when I replace the clutch. While I don't hedge one bit on my 5-star rating for Hiline Motorsports, there are some things that could be improved, such as appointment scheduling, interior vehicle prep, and limited vehicle provenance other than the Carfax report that was provided. While I implicitly trust Larry on the reliability and durability of my 996, it will be more difficult for me to eventually sell without its provenance and service records. If you are in the market for a pre-owned performance sports car, sedan or exotic, I highly recommend that you view the Hiline Motorsports website and contact Larry Williams.

December 30, 2017

Purchased this beautiful 2004 Carrera Cab 996 from Larry Williams and Hiline Motorsports in October. The overall buying experience gives both value an...d transparency, and I can assure prospective buyers that you will also have an excellent experience. The 996 was in great condition for a vehicle almost 15 years old. The motor is awesome, runs great and has no leaks or other concerns. Larry and his team back up the purchase with a 90-day drivetrain warranty, and also took care of several issues that I discovered after the sale. This 996 has the original IMSB and we discussed whether to install one of the aftermarket retrofit bearings, but I decided to stay with the original for now, and perhaps change it out when I replace the clutch. While I don't hedge one bit on my 5-star rating for Hiline Motorsports, there are some things that could be improved, such as appointment scheduling, interior vehicle prep, and limited vehicle provenance other than the Carfax report that was provided. While I implicitly trust Larry on the reliability and durability of my 996, it will be more difficult for me eventually sell without its provenance and service records. If you are in the market for a pre-owned performance sports car, sedan or exotic, I highly recommend that you view the Hiline Motorsports website, and contact Larry Williams.

November 14, 2017

Larry was patient and extremely fair in dealing with me as I bought an awesome, clean Audi A4 convertible...can't thank him enough. I will definitley... use him again in the near future.

HiLine Motorsports LLC