Modern Classic Motorcars

25 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

• January 19, 2017

Completely professional! Purchased a 2009 911 Carrera S from out of state. Paul found what I wanted and got the deal done in only four days, despite... a long list of requirements that I wanted in the car! Very professional operation, great at keeping the customer informed, and also at ensuring that the customer gets what he/she wants with no surprises. I've purchased over two dozen new and used cars from both individuals and dealerships and this was by far the best experience. Regardless of where you live in the country, you can completely trust the Modern Classic Motorcars team!

Thank you for the vote of confidence. It was our pleasure working with you to ensure you got exactly what you wanted. See you at the track!

July 11, 2018

I bought my car from Paul online. He was extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with. He answered all of my questions and arranged the financing. ... The overall experience was flawless. When I am ready for my porsche or corvette, I will certainly look here first.

May 8, 2018

I just purchased a BMW from Paul and was very impressed with his knowledge of the auto, the value and history of the car and his overall approach to selling... autos. I am extremely happy with the service and care that Paul and Emily gave me as well as the auto that just arrived. I highly recommend that you shop Modern Classic Motorcars you will not be disappointed. Rod MacDonald

April 29, 2018

Paul's professionalism and knowledge about specialty cars made my purchasing experience a pleasure. I highly recommend Modern Classic Motorcars and Paul... specifically for your next specialty car purchase.

January 10, 2018

Paul made my decision an easy one. He is highly professional. I did most of my research from out of state and out of the country. Paul and Brent were both... very accommodating. I would buy another car from them, without a doubt.

Michael, We definitely appreciate the positive words relating to your experience with MCM. It's always a pleasure working with knowledgeable Corvette... enthusiasts, like yourself. Enjoy the fantastic Z06!

August 14, 2017

Paul was great to work with. They found the car that I was looking for. When I got there to see it the condition was better than I thought it would be.... Paul was on time, great to deal with, show room was clean and he knows his stuff. I would buy from them again. Also most important I am having a great time driving my Porsche! Thanks to Paul and his wife for their help. Ben

June 13, 2017

Very professional and found the 997 I have been looking for. Smooth transaction and car so far has exceeded expectations

June 13, 2017

After deciding to treat myself to a nice convertible, I researched online and determined the Porsche Boxster was the car. I loved to S model, but didn't... want to spend the extra $$ for an island toy. I looked for 2 months and kept seeing this beautiful Boxster S at Modern Classic Motorcars. I had only been talking/emailing with Porsche dealers since I had NEVER owned a Porsche and had lots of questions. The car here looked too good to be true and I finally caved and called Paul. He listened and answered every question I had and he told me everything he knew about the car. You can tell he is genuine and really loves his cars. I decided to make the 3 hour trip up to see the car and it was exactly how he described it. There was never any sales pitch or pressure and after a test run in Charleston, I decided to take the car. The final sales process is very easy and quick. I did have an issue that came up later regarding how the sales tax was handled since I am out of state. One quick call to Paul and I got if fixed easily. They will not sell you a car and leave you once the check clears. Paul, Emily, and team are great folks and a pleasure to do business with.

June 8, 2017

I was looking for a 2006 - 2008 Porsche Carerra S that was in above average condition with low miles. I had looked through multiple web services and followed... up on dozens of cars. I had narrowed my search to 3 potential cars. The key decision point for me was the dealer. I was buying the car remotely and having it shipped to me. With not being able to physically see it and test drive it, the comfort and trust in the dealer I was purchasing from was paramount. The team at Modern Classic Motorcars was the key decision point in choosing between my short list of cars. They were great to work with over the phone. They provided all the details and support I needed and made feel like this was the firm I needed to make my purchase from. The whole process of purchasing it was extremely smooth and they handled the process of arranging the transportation from SC to OH form me. You can not choose a better partner when looking for a car that is in their sweet spot.

April 11, 2017

As one may well know, once you have the car itch it doesn't just simply dissipate. After several months of research, I finally identified the 997.1 was... destined to be my first 911. Black, tan interior, manual, Carrera S. As common as this combination of specs would seem, it's not easy to find. As one dealer put it, "a unicorn". I came across Paul and his team at Modern Classic Motorsports. In his stable was my car listed as a "driver's car" and that it was. I trusted Paul and forwent the ppi and bought sight unseen. I flew down to finalize the deal and was planning to drive it back from charleston to NYC the next day. He had me picked up from the airport and brought directly to the shop where we closed the deal. Being new to 911's I noticed a possible mechanical issue. As Paul knew I was planning to leave the next day, he came to my hotel that evening where we quickly identified the issue as normal Porsche behavior. He took me to a nice dinner and I learned a lot about Charleston and our shared passion for classics in which he deals. I've had the car checked by one of the best Porsche shops in NYC and they've described my purchase as "mint". Paul's knowledge, professionalism and honesty sets the standard for what all dealers and private sellers should thrive for. Thanks Paul for selling me this gem. I know you had other potential buyers and glad I took the leap of faith for my first 911. I have a feeling I may be back in Charleston for my next. AAA+