San Francisco Honda

2 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

June 7, 2017

I came to the dealership in hopes of getting a deal on a Honda Civic. I bought my current car from them and got a great deal. I couldn't get the car... at the price I wanted so no purchase was made. I came here because they are up front with everything and the dealership doesn't load the car up with dealer add ons which increases the purchase price substantially. Even thou I didn't make a purchase, I appreciate their no pressure up front dealings.

• April 14, 2017

The reason we use resources like Cars.com is to avoid the typical in person experience of buying a new car. I initially emailed SF Honda in regards to... a vehicle I saw listed on Cars.com Surprisingly they replied back saying it was a glitch on the website and the vehicle was actually no longer available. I was looking more so for a year older vehicle yet still new. They were prompt to reply and let me know so at least the waiting and wondering wasn't a problem. I replied back and made a straight forward offer on a different vehicle. Surprisingly once again they replied and agreed on it despite me having my doubts. After that replies between emails were prompt. We settled on the price and I came in soon after. Nothing was changed as far as pricing from what was originally discussed in emails. It was a smooth despite long process. The facility is nice with a big space despite being in busy downtown San Francisco area. Parking is difficult but they accommodated me to park in the areas not really designated for the public. I had already came in with a preapproval from my bank, but found it strange I had to fill out another credit check? Almost seemed like they were trying to get me a better rate and to go with their in house lending. I did ask why, but they said it was protocol? I did still end up using my bank. Our sales person Vanessa Velasquez was accommodating and answered my questions that I had presented regarding the additions on the paperwork when it came down to purchasing the vehicle. Overall it was a smooth process and I really have no complaints. The overall staff from our sales consultant Vanessa to the finance manager have a consistent attitude of "straight forward" To some that might not be good enough as some customers want more of the soft happy go lucky attitude. Here at SF Honda, the do signs of it, but not overly done like most dealerships. Again, some will hate it, others don't mind. I personally didnt mind because in the end, it comes down to agreeing on a price. Vanessa was not push on options that I wanted removed. Our finance manager when it came down to almost closing on the vehicle also had to push other add ons which I'm sure they have to do. But did not ridicule or do high pressure tactics when ultimately I declined them. Everyone I dealt with was very professional. Probably more professional than personable as I mentioned above with the straight forward attitude. Vanessa did crack a smile every now and then, but she was definitely more passive, which I prefer. While our finance manager who helped on closing and doing all the paperwork was definitely more aggressive. Still, both did not exceed any boundaries to turn things into high pressure sales situation. The facility was clean, very open, which is rare and ironic these days in a city like San Francisco where real estate is usually very tight and small. They have plenty of inventory off site close by. Clean restrooms, and a nice waiting area with coffee machine that you can help yourself with. Our sales consultant Vanessa had actually got us refreshments while we were sitting down with her going over the details. I don't buy new cars often so this is a rare situation, but I had no problem and was satisfied with my experience. San Francisco Honda is very professional. A perk of purchasing here especially if you are coming from out of town is you can spend time in the city.

Thank you very much for the kind words and feedback, Geno!