Sunset Auto Sales, Inc.

36 reviews

36 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Sunset Auto Sales, Inc. from DealerRater.com

Read reviews that mention:

September 7, 2018

We bought our beautiful shiny blue 2015 Chrysler 200, with brand new tires, in the fall of 2017. When it came time to wash it the issues began to surface.... Over 50 scratches in several areas suddenly appeared which led me to believe a tinted wax product (AS SEEN ON TV!) to hide the scratches and we figured we got ripped off. What are ya gonna do? A Week or so later, we were sure we got ripped off when the glue used to fasten the tiny circular patches hiding several cigarette holes in the upholstery failed. This was after we had the paint redone on most of the car. Having previously concluding that calling them was a waste of time because the rip-off was blatant and all it would serve is to put me in a rage, there was one more item that we found. The locking (spinners) lug nuts had been tightened so hard the Chrysler dealership couldn't get them off to do FWD transmission work. I had to give permission to destroy the lug nuts, and had it done to all four wheels. After several phone calls, I was able to talk to the owner of Sunset and he assured me we would sit for breakfast and come to a resolution. Several more calls and it never happened.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience or miscommunication. As stated back in December we would be more than happy to meet with you. If we missed your... phone call I sincerely apologize. Here is my cell number so it does not happen again. 717-860-3208

September 7, 2018

We bought our beautiful shiny blue 2015 Chrysler 200, with brand new tires, in the fall of 2017. When it came time to wash it the issues began to surface.... Over 50 scratches in several areas suddenly appeared which led me to believe a tinted wax product (AS SEEN ON TV!) to hide the scratches was applied and we figured we got ripped off. What are ya gonna do? A Week or so later, we were sure we got ripped off when the glue used to fasten the tiny circular patches hiding several cigarette holes in the upholstery failed. This was after we had the paint redone on most of the car. Having previously concluding that calling them was a waste of time because the rip-off was blatant and all it would serve is to put me in a rage, there was one more item that we found. The locking (spinners) lug nuts had been tightened so hard the Chrysler dealership couldn't get them off to do FWD transmission work. I had to give permission to destroy the lug nuts, and had it done to all four wheels. After several phone calls, I was able to talk to the owner of Sunset and he assured me we would sit for breakfast and come to a resolution. Several more calls and it never happened.

August 22, 2018

My family has bought at least 5 vehicles from this place over the past 10 years and they've always done good for us. Marcos (the guy we always seem to... end up buying a car from), has always been honest and upfront about things regarding the cars, the dearlership policies, and the special offers. He's also very friendly, talking to you like a person and not just a potential sale. The cars we get have always been reliable. Never bought a 'lemon' car from here. The longest lasting was a Seabring that we had for over 10 years, and it would have lasted much longer if it weren't for being in an accident. The shortest lasting one was a '99 Pontiac Grand Am that I had for only two years, but that's because I traded it in for a real nice 08 Taurus which I got from the same place for a great price.

August 3, 2018

I recently purchased a chevy avalanche from Sunset, and on the way home the truck gave me a error code for the traction control. I called the dealership,... which was closed and left a message. The next morning the owner of the dealership called me personally. He had already contacted a local repair shop and had them contact me later that morning. The repair shop handle the issue quickly and did a great job. Normally you get a lot of blame deflection, excuses, or just poor attitude after the car is sold. This issue, even though it was a minor glitch ( just a sensor) The fact the owner took the time out of his day to make sure I was taken care of says a lot. I would , and will recommend this dealership to everyone i know. Thank you for your great customer service. A very pleased customer. Also thank you for staying open late to accommodate my schedule. You cannot go wrong dealing with this dealership.

July 18, 2018

Excellent service, happily purchase of a total of 18 vehicles over the past 20+ years as an extended family. Tim runs a great business & Marcos is a long-term... salesman.

July 4, 2018

From the first phone call to the driving away from the dealership in my new car it was by far the best experience i have had with any dealership.

June 23, 2018

Great place friendly people and good experience wasn't their for hours like big car lots.I would recommend people to go their great people

June 23, 2018

Marcos was great! He was in contact with me the whole time throughout this process. Definitely recommend this dealership to anyone who wants kind, fast... service getting the car of your dreams!

June 18, 2018

JOHN is an incredible man! He got me approved and driving within a day! Plus he drove to Waynesboro to pick me up for the vehicle because I was unable... to get there, which lead to him working passed his shift. this was the only dealership that did not laugh in my face when I explained my awful situation I???m in instead they/he went over and beyond to help me! I am very blessed for SUNSET AUTO SALES!!!

June 4, 2018

I'm giving John, and the dealership FIVE STARS even though I have yet to get my vehicle home (Ha Ha). John has and is really doing a wonderful job... getting and solving the issues we are having. Highly recommend John and Sunset to everyone looking for quality service, and a quality vehicle.