BMW of Sterling

Service (866) 760-1524 (866) 760-1524

3.5
(1,122 reviews)

I recently purchased a car from BMW Sterling, and I must

I recently purchased a car from BMW Sterling, and I must say it was the worst decision I have ever made. The salesman, Aiman, was absolutely terrible. From the moment I walked onto the lot, I should have known it was going to be a disaster. Aiman seemed disinterested and unprofessional from the get-go. It felt like I was inconveniencing him by wanting to buy a car. He barely answered my questions, and when he did, it was with a dismissive attitude. He couldn't even find the car on the lot or the keys. After enduring Aiman's lackluster customer service, I made the mistake of purchasing a car that seemed promising on the surface. Little did I know, it was a ticking time bomb. The car had undisclosed issues that Aiman conveniently failed to mention. The check engine light came on as soon as I drove off the lot. I immediately call to notify management. Aiman refused to respond via calls and texts. When I finally confronted Aiman about these issues, he brushed them off, claiming they were normal. It was not - there were major transmission issues. Clearly, he just wanted to close the deal and move on to the next unsuspecting customer. The lack of transparency and honesty is appalling. The car was under warranty thankfully. I gave him the keys to take it for servicing but he waited WEEKS to do so. I came back from out of the country with no car. They didn't even offer to provide a loaner car. I purchased the car with two keys but they only gave me one. They didn't clean the vehicle or fill it up with gas after purchasing. Zero attention to detail. He also drilled holes into the Land Rover because he didn't know how to hang the tags and was rushing me off the lot. I strongly advise anyone considering purchasing a car from Sterling BMW and to steer clear of Aiman and his questionable business practices. The entire experience has been a nightmare. Not what you expect from a luxury car dealership.

I’ve always been impressed with Sterling BMW’s amazing

I’ve always been impressed with Sterling BMW’s amazing people! Our Service Advisor Assad is at the top of that list. With Assad and the service team, we always know we’re in good hands and receive excellent care, whether it’s routine maintenance or major repair work. Thank you BMW of Sterling!

Dealer response

We're so pleased to know that you've had consistently great experiences with our service team at BMW of Sterling, especially Assad. Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle's care and maintenance!

**** QUESTIONABLE SALES PRACTICES**** Jose Zapata

**** QUESTIONABLE SALES PRACTICES**** Jose Zapata Rivera, Senior BMW Advisor BMW of Sterling bait and switched me to try to run my credit. for his own self interest. Be aware. It happened to me, you don't think it can happen to you? I called on the phone for availability of three vehicles. He told me he would find them. I drove over 45 minutes to see three cars. When I get there ONLY one was available but wasn't available to drive because it didn't have a VA inspection. ONLY reason I gave them one star was I couldn't give them no stars! Be careful! Jose Zapata Rivera, Senior BMW Advisor BMW of Sterling is a using QUESTIONABLE salesman using immoral tactics. On February 7, 2024, Jose Zapata Rivera, Senior BMW Advisor BMW of Sterling started harassing me via text messages today. I wish he out this much effort into telling me the cars weren't available

1.0

They scam you into using oil additive which is not

They scam you into using oil additive which is not recommended by BMW and tell you that their technician suggested it These people are not honest and no one should trust them

Dealer response

We're sorry to read about your concerns with the oil additive recommendation. We aim for transparency and honesty in all our interactions, so this feedback is concerning. If you could reach out directly, we'd appreciate the opportunity to address any misunderstandings or miscommunications that may have occurred here. Thank you, Brian Latimer - Service Manager - 571-370-7151

4.0

Angela was very professional and knowledgeable.

Angela was very professional and knowledgeable. She made the purchase so smooth and treated us with care and respect. Super nice.

Dealer response

We're glad to know that Angela made your experience at BMW of Sterling smooth and respectful. Thanks for sharing this positive feedback!

1.0

Horrible the manger julius will respond to this review .

Horrible the manger julius will respond to this review .And mention their mission statement. But in know way to they follow it . I have called him directly 5 times and he is always busy . They gave me his cell number and to text him and NO response. He is the reason the whole sales team only cares about getting you to sign the paperwork. After that they could care less . do yourself a favor and don't spend a cent here

Dealer response

We strive for excellent customer service and I apologize for the level of communication you received. Your feedback is important as it helps us improve our services. If you're open to discussing this further, please reach out at your earliest convenience so we can address any concerns directly with you and work on earning your trust back. Thank you, Matthew Bibbo - General Manager - 541-746-2589

2.0

Not upfront and honorable sales team.

Not upfront and honorable sales team. Out for a sale only and no care for the client. Wasted time with credit report which is well over 800. After working on purchase of pre owned car, they tell me 3 days later that it’s sold when I texted the 2 salesmen. No call, no inquiry, no asking if I wanted to put a deposit to hold, etc. Waste of time when there’s a country full of other BMW dealers.

Dealer response

I'm sorry to read about your experience. We strive for transparency and customer satisfaction, so it's disappointing to learn we fell short in this instance. I understand how frustrating that must have been and would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you if you're willing. Please reach out at your earliest convenience. Thank you, Julius Green - General Sales Manager - 571-378-3968

1.0

I scheduled an appointment to come test-drive a pre-owned

I scheduled an appointment to come test-drive a pre-owned car, and I called in advanced to see if the vehicle was still there. It took a lot of effort to verify whether or not the car was still available; the person on the other end was very vague when I asked them to check on the status of the car. After someone did inform me that the car was still in their inventory, I drove an hour all the way there only to find out upon my arrival that it's gone. I told the person on the phone I was not coming if the car was not available; the sales manager at the store who informed me of the car being sold was very apathetic and indifferent about how frustrated I was over being deceived. This place left a very sour taste in my mouth, and I expected far better service from a place that markets itself as a luxury car dealership. If you're in the market for a BMW and you value honesty along with your personal time and dignity, please go elsewhere.

Dealer response

Jon, I'm really sorry to read about your experience. It's important for us to provide accurate information and it sounds like we fell short in this instance. Your feedback is valuable as it helps us improve our service delivery. We'd appreciate the opportunity to make things right - please get in touch when you can so we can discuss further how best we could assist you moving forward. Thank you, Julius Green - General Sales Manager - 571-378-3968

My overall experience was excellent because of Latasha.

My overall experience was excellent because of Latasha. I appreciate your true professionalism explaining everything to me before and after service. BMW Sterling is lucky to have you represent them. There is a reason I still bring my vehicle in even though I moved to Damascus, MD for the outstanding customer service from Latasha!

Dealer response

Astrid, we're so glad to know that Latasha's professionalism and dedication made your experience at BMW of Sterling excellent. We appreciate you making the drive from Damascus for our service!

1.0

I recently made the mistake of purchasing a used car from

I recently made the mistake of purchasing a used car from Sterling Motorcars. The car had passed a VA Safety Inspection, but as I live in MD, I'm required to get a second inspection. The Motor Mount and CV Joint both failed! Motor mounts connect the engine to the frame of the car. So I've been driving my kids around in a car with an engine that might fall out! If it gets damaged, it could cost $10,000+ to replace it! When I contacted my salesman, Rabih AbdulMalek, he informed me that his sales manager, Todd Patykewich, said the car was sold "As Is" and there is "nothing he can do." I had simply asked that Sterling repair the defects, provide a loaner car during service and provide an extended warranty to cover any future issues missed during the dealer's safety inspection. I'm very disappointed that Todd chose to hide behind the "As Is" excuse instead of honoring Sterling's pledge to "work closely with you to ensure you're buying the perfect used car for your lifestyle." I doubt anyone's "lifestyle" involves driving their family around in such a dangerous car. As a "Trusted New & Pre-Owned Car Dealerships in Sterling, VA", I expected much better service than I received. PS - the windshield defrost doesn't work and there is a missing bolt that holds the door panel on, but since it wasn't part of the safety inspection, I didn't even ask for that to be repaired.

Dealer response

Tom, I'm sorry to read about the issues you've encountered with your recent purchase. We certainly don't want any of our customers driving around in a vehicle that isn't up to par and we take these concerns very seriously. Your feedback is important as it helps us improve our service. Please reach out so we can discuss this further and find an appropriate solution for you. Matthew Bibbo - General Manager - 541-746-2589