Smithtown Volkswagen

New Used Service

1.0
  • My Experience @ Smithtown VW
    February 6, 2016

I have purchased and leased cars for many years, my most recent experience at Smithtown Volkswagen has been one of the best. My car salesman Michael D.... was not only professional, informative and polite but very personable. Michael answered all of my questions and never made me feel pressured. He went out of his way to make my experience one of the best and made me feel I made the best choice. Not many car dealerships have salesman that truly care about customer satisfaction. Although there are many dealerships near by that look appealing, don't let the look of Smithtown Volkswagen fool you. I highly recommend this car dealership and am very happy with the purchase I made.

Thank you Catherine for you review of SmithTown VW. It was our pleasure to help you with your next car. Now we have a whole new Management team to ass...ist and help all VW Shoppers in LI. Come and experience the new team at Smithtown VW.

• Bad Trade in Experience
    May 19, 2017

I purchased an expensive 2015 VW Golf TDI (Diesel), because since VW had falsified the emissions and the cars had been sitting at Smithtown VW lot for... two years. I figured that when the car was available for sale, this would be a good time to purchase a 2 year old car, that was new and at a discount. The discount of either 5K@ 0% Financing or $8.5K lease is not enough considering that the car is two years old. The end result of the difference between the lease and the financing is about 1K, if you purchase the car. I figured that since the discount is low, I could trade in my 2012 VW 4 door Golf and at least negotiate a decent value for my car, herein is my story, First Howard (Sales Consultant) utilized the salesman low ball trick of $5, at which point I said call me if you have a better offer as I walked out. The next day they called me, now the manager was involved, he looked the car over, and then we went into his office, he showed me a computer screen showing some numbers and he offered some loyalty discount, I should have walked out and left right then and there. The dollar amount shown on the screen was$7.1K for a stock 2012 VW Golf 4 door Convenience, but my car had other extras which bring the value up, the car had fog lights, side window deflectors, exterior body side moldings, rear sunshade, LED rear brake lights, door sill protectors and interior LED lighting. Now the dealer has my car listed @ $10.995K. If you have a good used car with practical extras added on, do not sell the car to Smithtown VW, rather you should sell the car privately. Be careful when dealing with the sales department.

• Worst Service
    January 14, 2017

Brought my car for repair. Very unpleased my car still had the same issue days later paid my money for nothing. In return I got a nasty, rude attitude... from the Service manager Paul Marcelo. Never will i ever return to this location.

• Vulgar unprofessional salesman
    May 26, 2016

I was in the showroom and heard the foul mouthed salesmen wearing suits mentioned that I was ugly and fat. Well I was 7 months pregnant. I came in to ...look for a new Volkswagon for my kids and I ran out crying and called my husband at work. Totally unprofessional and degrading a pregnant mother to be. How sleazy can you be? Maybe you should hire some professional women to sell your cars?? Time to take the trash out!!!

• Most unprofessional experience at Smithtown
    October 7, 2015

I contacted the dealership to let them know I would visit the following afternoon. Was informed that the car I was interested in test driving was used... by the manager and would make sure the car was on the lot. The car was on the lot but manager neglected to clean the car or remove his cologne, cigar and dry cleaning. There were 2,000 miles more on the odometer. The sales person questioned the price quoted on cars.com and then offered $500.00 off the listed price. I walked out disgusted

• Good experience in service Department
    April 1, 2015

Recently brought my Jetta in for a brake job. I was treated with respect and kindness. I would recommend this shop to my friends.

• Best Service Department
    April 1, 2015

Was having issues with my Passat. Smithtown VW took care of everything for me, while making me feel comfortable about it. Will never get my car servic...ed anywhere else from now on. Thanks Smithtown VW!

• Jetta oil Change
    April 1, 2015

They did an excellent job with the oil change for my Jetta!!

• Easy and Quick Oil Change
    March 30, 2015

Had my oil change done here. The pricing was great and so was the amount of time it took.

• Great Service!!!
    March 30, 2015

Service was great. Everyone was very professional and very understanding of my time. Will be coming back here again!!

Smithtown Volkswagen