Smith Volkswagen

5.0 out of 5 (5.0) 13 reviews

Call This Dealer

Excellent car buying experience!
    March 5, 2018

We want to say "Thank you" to Kevin for all of his time and help during our recent visit & purchase at Smith Volkswagen!! We went there to test drive ...a 2014 TDI VW convertible beetle. Kevin greeted us with a smile and off we went on our test drive. He answered all of our questions and made us feel very comfortable at the dealership. No pressure at all. We are very happy with our purchase of the VW beetle. We know we made the right decision and are very confident that if we should need anything for our VW in the future, Smith Volkswagen will be there for us. This is a wonderful dealership and again...Thank You Kevin!!!

Greatness
    May 11, 2017

The service was great and everyone in the dealership is so helpful

The Worse Dealership
    December 21, 2015

Dishonest sales people and the Service Department is the worst. Was given a price for a new car, signed the purchase order, gave them a deposit, then ...I was told it would be 2 days until they could get a car from another dealership. THEN, 3 days later, the salesman said we tried everything to get the car you wanted but couldn't -- funny thing is, he sent me an email confirming they found the car and doesn't know why the other sales person said they could get it -- BUT the email was from him! Service told me my son's rim was damaged and could not be repaired -- charged me $523. The body shop who I took the damage rim to said it could have been sent out to be fixed! In fat, 2 other rims were repaired!

Joe Cal
    December 3, 2015

Every 10,000 miles is my service appointment, I receive coupons and call to schedule a appointment. Not one time have I had any problems and the servi...ce quotes were really reasonable and accurate. Andy is my service rep and he goes out of his way to make sure that my Jetta is going to be around for 200,000 miles or better. So as far as I'm concerned V W dealerships are not located all over like other car brands, and Smith V W stands out to be one of if not the best. So if you want reliability in a vehicle along with comfort and a "Honest crew of people" that keep making you feel that they have your back, then why would you want to trust anyone else.

Excellent experience
    June 16, 2015

I highly recommend working with Chad at Smith Volkswagen. He contacted me right away about my internet inquiry, and came in on his day off to make sur...e that I got the service and vehicle that I was looking for. He has texted, emailed, and called since my purchase to make sure that I am totally satisfied.

Love the car & our deal, Tim was cool to work with
    January 29, 2015

Well not sure what is going on with the other reviews here but here is my experience with my wife. We went in on what looked like a fairly busy Saturd...ay afternoon. We had been to 3 other Volkswagen dealerships before we went to Smith Volkswagen. We were greeted, showed around and done the test drive in 25 minutes, oh I might have left out entertained... Our salesperson Tim Smith (I think he is one of the owners sons) was like a stand up comedian. It was refreshing because it breaks up the awkwardness of the whole salesperson / customer conversation weirdness. Here is the crazy part, the first set of numbers Tim brings us back from the deal office or business center (can't remember what he called it) our trade was worth $400 more than the highest value at the other Volkswagen stores (the ones in Dover DE, Chadds Ford PA, and Bel Air MD) and the sale price on the exact same new car we looked at and priced at the other stores was $616.00 less! my wife and I were so ready to negotiate and leave if we had to and when he gave us the numbers all I could say was "if we say yes are we guaranteed these numbers?" He replied with "Yes, but you didn't let me get the rest out. You also get a free lifetime engine warranty for as long as you own the car with no limitation on miles or time". obviously we made the deal or we wouldn't be posting a review. I had never heard of this lifetime warranty, turns out the other VW stores don't have this. smith Volkswagen pays Zurich insurance to put this policy on their customers cars, I thought that was pretty smart. The only regret I have is all the time I spent haggling at 3 other Vw stores in 3 different states and it turns out the VW store that is practically in my had a better price and value with the free lifetime engine warranty right off the bat without haggling (seriously no back and forth like the other dealerships). I really never thought there could really be a fun, easy, and transparent car buying experience until I dealt with Tim Smith and his family at Smith VW. BTW... Tim if you see this I took your advice on the 41U delete, life seems to be a lot better with the delete.

1 happy customer
    December 3, 2013

I went in w shaky credit first time buyer at an dealership always wasted my money on buy here pay here dealers my salesman took great care of me and m...ade sure I left with a reliable car to my liking 2012 Nissan Altima with warranty and to top it off payments are reported to credit bureau highly recommend this dealership

1 happy customer
    December 3, 2013

Horrible experience
    July 31, 2013

Good luck finding a good place to park and all of the sales people are kids!!! I have more knowledge than all of them together. The one guy in charge ...was complaining about the owner or owners the whole time. Complete waste of my time. Save yourself the trouble and head to one of the other VW dealers in the area.

great car...great price
    June 14, 2013

They picked up my remaining payments on a leased car. Gave me a fantastic deal on a certified pre-owned Passat. It had only 4k miles ,one year old , O...ver $6,000 off list. With an extended warrantee.

Smith Volkswagen