McGrath Lexus Chicago

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

• 2010 Lexus GX 460
    August 20, 2013

I originally found McGrath Lexus on Cars.com and looked at several new and used vehicles. I finally decided on a 2010 Lexus GX 460. The Sales Consulta...nt was Dave Nelson and he was very attentive and knowledgeable about their inventory. I am enjoying my new car and would definitely do business with McGrath Lexus of Chicago again!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review! We appreciate your business and look forward to long, long relationship. Welcome to the McGrath famil...y and please don't forget to stop by any time for a wash.

Great Service and staff! Not a paid review either
    February 16, 2018

I just bought a 2011 IS250 from McGrath! Bill Shamah was absolutely awesome! I'm only 21 years old so the car buying process was new to me and made me... very anxious. Bill and Doug the finance person made me feel extremely comfortable and worked with me for over two weeks to make sure I got the car I wanted at a great price! First time buying from McGrath and definitely won't be my last! McGrath, I look forward to buying my cars for myself and my family in the future here!

Fantastic experience.
    October 6, 2017

Between the sales person, and the finance person the process was smooth and worry free. Answered all my questions and put up with my buyer quirks.

Very unresponsive and careless
    July 13, 2017

Was looking for leasing a new vehicle. First sent them online inquiry on a particular vehicle on their website. I was reached out by several individua...ls from this dealerships, who often do not include any self-intro or signature in the email. I assume they have very poor coordination because I was asked to answer same questions over and over again. One representative first mistakenly thought I was looking for another vehicle. Later she claimed she sent me a quote but I searched every folder in my email, could not find anything. After four days I was reconnected to them, being contacted again by individuals who did not introduce themselves. Eventually received a quote, fortunately I worked with other dealers as well and found that quote $6000 higher than others: quoted me $28,000 for a lease when other dealers quoted for $22,000. Pointed out to her, she acknowledged she "got the wrong number". I do not know who gets the difference if I only worked with them... Later contacted again by representative who did not want to say who he/she is... I no longer want to deal with people who refuse customer to know who they are. I guess they, being the largest dealer in Chicago works with so many wealthy buyers, do not really care.

2nd purchase from this dealership online
    May 10, 2017

2nd purchase online with McGrath lexus in Chicago. When Bill Tacker sells you a car, you get exactaly what you paid for! Good service, good quality ! ...We've bought on line from other dealerships , and not so great. McGrath goes all the way to try and make sure you are happy. Buy a certified Lexus and you'll get what you paid for. Thanks Bill, Dawn and Charlie Thornton Is three times the charm? ;)

McGrath found a customer for life!
    April 10, 2017

I can't say enough good things about this dealership. We were in the market for a used car, and had done our research on the type and specifications ...we wanted. We narrowed our search down to two cars: one car at McGrath and one at another car lot, and there were stark(!) differences between the two facilities. At McGrath, the wonderful Bill Shamah treated our initial visit with courtesy and professionalism. When we told him that we were deciding between two cars, he did not switch to high pressure sales mode, didn't offer us a "deal [we] couldn't refuse." He respected our process and expressed that he hoped to see us again. We appreciated that, and told him that either way it went, we would be sure to let him know. At the second dealership, the salesman was 20 minutes late for our appointment (20 mins with a bored 7-year old seems much longer), and when he finally approached us, he had the wrong vehicle prepared. He then went on to tell us things about the car that were blatantly untrue (that it was turbo, for instance), and when he was trying to familiarize us with the dashboard, he told us the outside temperature gauge was the motor temperature?! He could not answer simple questions while reading through the owner's manual while I was test driving. I know not everyone can know everything about cars, especially used ones, but I did not appreciate having my intelligence insulted with fabrications. This interaction proved to me that McGrath was the dealership from which to buy, and where I would actually like to be a customer. I am proud to say I bought my car at McGrath, am enjoying the benefits of being their customer (there are many), and look forward to going back for our next vehicle purchase. We went in with our financing set, so I cannot speak to that process at McGrath, but I can tell you that one benefit we truly appreciated is that McGrath issues plates on-site. To not have to go to the Secretary of State to apply for and pick up plates was absolutely wonderful! Another nice touch was at the time of delivery, an employee came out to the car with us to help navigate the technology and set our garage door opener, sync one of our phones, etc. I need a refresher, because it was so much information to digest (and I just wanted to DRIVE lol), but was glad to have that Lexus Lesson before we drove off the lot. So, if you are looking for an honest, no pressure sales man, go see Bill Shamah! If you want to play games and see how cheaply you can get a car, go somewhere else because McGrath doesn't cut corners.

Good service
    April 8, 2017

I went to buy used Lexus Rx350 .Sales person Michael was nice and good but we didn't find are deal for my trade. Anyway I recommend this place they ...are very friendly place

Easy going experience
    March 8, 2017

I was looking for a used Jeep Cherokee on Cars.com and stumbled upon McGrath having one in stock in good shape. They have a very clean facility with a... great lounge for customers. The buying process was typical but not in a bad way. It was fairly clean cut and their sales and finance department were easy to strike up a conversation with. McGrath went above and beyond during the down payment process as they were very accommodating to my needs. They also offer a good bang for your buck warranty.

Exceptional Service
    December 20, 2016

I worked with Gary Sowell over the phone for about a week before driving to Chicago to purchase my vehicle. He was fantastic - it was obvious that he ...cared about more than just selling a car. From the facility, to the kindness of their staff, to the vehicle I drove away in - I was pleasantly very surprised.

Buyer
    November 16, 2016

Nice and reliable dealer talk nicely and offering me other reliable choices of the car

McGrath Lexus Chicago