2.8
  • Shopping for a 2013 kia sportage

Noone called me back when applied for loan and said they had some other options they were going to check on

• car shopping

online request went through. i received emails, and then tx messages, until i had a chance to talk to the salesman. he seemed very knowedgeable and understanding about the needs and wants that i conveyed to him. we got off the phone and when i got home i had an email with many vehicles equal to my specifications. all in all it was a good experience, and i would not be afraid to recommend this to a friend.

• Service daughter car , recall without appointment

Awesome advisor, Rick. Quick service and friendly. Did not try to upsell any services.

• Salesmenship

I arrived at the dealership and made it through the entirety of 2 of the lots and one of the show floors without finding a single working salesmen. When I went to the office they pulled the closest guy who was not even finished his training to help has apposed to actually dealing with it themselves. When they realized that that was not going to work they finally sent out someone more "experienced" who tried to sell the car for sticker price well over $1000 from the online price without even speaking of anything else to do with the car I was looking at.

• useless

The whole service department should be replaced Found another dealer. Will nvr go back to these arrogant incompetent convicts

• Service Department/Unnecessary Repairs

This is about a new vehicle-not used-purchased from another dealership and serviced at Sherwood. Several mechanical problems and recall notices had us going in for repairs on a 2013 truck. We spent a lot of time going back and forth to the Service department. When we picked up the vehicle after the last recall repair for an airbag issue, the airbag light came on on the way home. We called immediately and were told to bring in the vehicle when we could. When we dropped the vehicle off the last time, we were told that the warranty was up so we had to pay the deductible (on our extended warranty) for the repairs. The repairs they claim we needed- a new airbag and sensor. In addition they wanted to charge us over $400 for spark plugs that they claimed needed to be replaced. We told them to stop and that we were picking up the vehicle. When I got there, I was told that they had done an oil change-which we did not ask for. Then they tried to prove that we needed the spark plugs. We took our vehicle to another dealership. The vehicle is a 2013-the spark plugs do not need to be replaced for another 35,000 miles and the diagnostic report shows that there is nothing wrong with the airbag.

• Excellent customer service!

Bought a Ford Focus last year. My salesman took great care of me and I feel as though I got the best price possible. Just had 4 tires put on and Matt at Kia service got me a much lower price than Pep Boys. The tech I talked to seemed more educated than most. I will definitely be back!

• Love/Hate relationship

Let me start with the positive. I have bought 4 vehicles from Sherwood (3 new and 1 used). My last new purchase was a 2009 Dodge Journey. When we bought the vehicle, the experience was great as usual. I did not feel as if we were "suckered" by the deal. I felt as if we got the best price, our terms were agreed upon, and everything went smoothly. Good deal. However, recently my vehicle has had intermittent starting problems. After researching this online, I found around 1500 other Journey owners that are experiencing the same problem. When the car broke down on me the first time, I had it towed to the dealership. Of course, it started for them every time. They told me the only thing they could figure was an intermittent problem with my key. So, we bought a new key ($216). One week later the car wouldn't start again. Took it back to Sherwood. This time it needed flash updates (which should have been done before the $216 key). They said it was fixed. Wrong. Tonight (2 weeks later) I broke down again. Sherwood closes at 6pm. I broke down at 4:30. I called them immediately and asked if I had it towed there right away if they could hook it to the diagnostic computer right away before it decided to start again. I got a big fat NO. Reason: 2 of their techs were getting off at 5 and the guy that normally worked until 6 had a court appt. I am not happy. Moral of the story....sales dept is great but Lord help you if you need their incompetent service dept!

• the best

I have been to alot of places in my time, but i find that Sherwood is the best. Where else can i go and get free oil changes and tire rotations? i love the service dept. if they tell you something, it is gold. the sales dept was helpful in everything they told me. I will send all my family and friends to Sherwood for everything.

• GET IT IN WRITING!!!!

Whatever they tell you today will not be honored tomorrow. Get it in writing and only use the service department if it is under warranty, they probably won't fix it but at least you only pay the deductible.