Lexus of Richmond

143 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

March 4, 2020

First, read their most recent reviews. I just bought a used Lexus and was told that it would be a good idea to have the key code that was not furnished... with my vehicle (in case I ever need another key, to identify the style of wheel lock, etc). I was told Lexus dealers had access to the code and it would be no problem as long as I could prove ownership (of course). I arrives with title, registration and ID in hand but was told that it was against "their policy" to provide me the key code to MY vehicle. This is just unreasonable. The code comes with all their vehicles but since I don't have one, they won't take the 1 minute to look it up and help me out. Well.......thanks. I will remember.

We want to apologize for the poor service you received on your recent visit. You are correct, we should have been able to provide you with your vehicl...e key code as you provided proof of ownership. The individual you spoke with was misinformed, and we want to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have taken steps to clarify this with our service and parts personnel. Our dealership and Lexus strive for continuous improvement - thank you for bringing this coachable moment to our attention.

October 15, 2019

If you are thinking about buying a car from this dealership or have any repairs done at their collision center...DON'T! This dealership is an absolute... JOKE. Long story short; I brought my vehicle to the collision center to have repairs done, after not having my vehicle for almost a month and half, once I got my vehicle back, there was a large amount of over spray on the dash and throughout the interior...When i say a larger amount, literally the entire dash, display screen, radio, steering wheel, instrument panel, doors...literally the entire interior. I notified the collision center and after they had me bring my car back to take a look...they admitted fault, apologized repeatedly and told me countless times they would fix this mistake and I quote “make it right”....Here's the best part...I was notified by their insurance company a week later that my car was being totaled due to this mistake. TOTALED! Not only did they total my car, they offered no solution to “make it right”, instead stating "its in the insurance company hands now". The lack of accountability for their costly mistake that TOTALED my car is actually disturbing. I’m now without a car and have to find the means to purchase a new car (I have no trade in now, out my down payment and the monthly payments I’ve made on the car while it sat at their shop for almost 2 months). You would think as a prestigious brand such as Lexus, they would be accountable and at least offer me some sort of solution for their mistake that again, TOTALED my car. But no, they simply apologized and said it was out of their hands. You call that customer service!? What a JOKE! I have yet to receive any call or correspondence from the General Manager or any upper management apologizing for this mistake and offering any solution to "make it right". ZERO! Where’s the responsibility? Where’s the accountability? Where’s the CUSTOMER SERVICE? Lexus preaches "Experience Amazing" .... More like experience the most frustrating/devastating situation with your car and oh and by the way we will total your car in the process. Bottom line, do not give this dealership your business. I can not stress that enough. Clearly they do not value their customers and ethically doing the right thing. its evident how they do business and hopefully this review will shed some light that will hopefully keep any other person from going through this horrific situation that I'm now faced with. This is complete failure from top to bottom. ZERO customer service and ZERO accountability. Thank you for ruining my vehicle, keep up the GREAT work Mr. Flood.

• June 4, 2016

In June 2016 purchased a used car from Lexus of Richmond. The purchase was completed from 1000 miles away and completed via telephone, email and overnite... UPS and FedEx. I was completely satisfied with the customer service and overall response that I have received. Rick Bernard handled the process from Lexus, and he was knowledgeable, personable and offered thorough attention to detail. Thank you

Thank you for your review and comments BadgerP - I will certainly pass along your sentiments to Rick! We hope you are enjoying your new car! Casey I...zzo, Internet Director, Lexus of Richmond

June 14, 2019

Probably the worst experience I've ever had with a dealership. To start this debacle off, I go and test drive a vehicle there. I enjoyed it, expressed... interest, and let my sales guy know I'd be in touch the next day for more details. I look the vehicle up on their site the next day and as if by magic, the price has increased by nearly $1K. Keeping in mind that the vehicle had been on their lot for 3 months at that point, and the price had dropped to the price I test drove at for a good 2 months or so. I went so far as to reach out to the pre-owned sales manager via email to see why the price had increased, and he never bothered to respond. Still, this is the vehicle I really want so I stuck with it. Take the better half to go and test drive it again, and we notice the AC is not working well on the test drive. We let the sales guy know and he assures me it'll be fixed. We get close on a price, but not quite, so the better half and I leave for the day. I came back a couple days later, ready to pay what they were asking. Sign the papers, hop in the vehicle to leave, and the AC is STILL not working. So they keep it another day, repair it, and then deliver to my house. They did throw in some all weather mats for the AC trouble. Fast forward to the following Sunday evening, and I drop the vehicle off to have a small scuff on the bumper repaired. My sales guy told me their body guy only comes on Mondays, and that it would be done by Thursday. I let him know multiple times this week that I'd be going out of town this weekend. Fast forward to Friday. I call to see when I can pick up my vehicle and get sent to VM. Instead of calling me back, my sales guy emails me to let me know that he's "looking into when the vehicle will be ready." I reminded him I'm heading out of state this weekend and really need my vehicle today. Then I get an email back saying the body guy had to do more work and that he wouldn't even be able to reattach the bumper until 4:30PM today. So now I'm changing my weekend plans entirely b/c of their lack of communication and prompt turnaround. So much for that half day off. So much for being where I said I was going to be for what is an important weekend. While I'd like to express my displeasure in more.....blunt terms, I'm going to leave this review factual and let the reader make their own decision from there.

November 14, 2017

Sale associate Alex Jackson was very professional to work with, and was very knowledgeable . Amount offered for trade-in was fair, and we quickly agreed... upon a price for the new vehicle. Follow up since the sale has been superb.

September 22, 2017

My initial contact was through email. Christina did an excellent job communicating with me. Her responses were timely and professional. My visit to see... the car was pleasant, no pushy sales consultant. Christina followed up via email and phone and helped negotiate a price I could afford. I will take possession of the car in a few days and feel confident that the customer service will continue to be top notch.

September 19, 2017

The car shopping experience here at Lexus of Richmond is definitely the best I have ever experienced, and I'm not kidding. For most of the dealers I have... visited, they just enjoy to play price and psychological games with you and waste your time, and I really hate that because my time is very valuable (everybody's time is valuable)! But thanks to Christina and Robert at Lexus of Richmond, I truly experienced "no game, no gimmick" and got the price I wanted and expected for a Certified Pre-Owned Lexus IS350 F Sport in Nebula Grey. It is certainly worth a while for me to drive all the way from Philadelphia area and I would highly recommend anyone who's considering a Lexus to buy a car at Lexus of Richmond and experience their "no game, no gimmick". And lastly, don't forget about the snack bar at the new car show room, it's awesome!

May 17, 2017

Bought a RX350. Was easy because Mr. Seacrest and Mr. Hence demonstrated what the Lexus company is all about-PROFESSIONALISM! Thanks much.

March 16, 2017

Recently purchased my new Lexus GX 460 from this dealer. Buying process from pulling on the lot with my trade to pulling out of the lot with my new vehicle... was amazing! Such friendly and diligent staff, definitely made purchasing my first Lexus a breeze! Thanks guys y'all rock!

November 10, 2016

VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. HAVE NOT BOUGHT A CAR YET.