Hall Chevrolet Chesapeake

730 reviews

730 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Hall Chevrolet Chesapeake from DealerRater.com

Read reviews that mention:

January 9, 2019

I was in and out in under three hours, great salesman, good selection of vehicles to chose from would recommend to anyone, if very happy with the process....

George Gunter

(5.0) 14 reviews

January 7, 2019

We are a GM employee family with complete loyalty to the GM brand. The process of buying new vehicles is something we've done a few times. We know exactly... what we want when we walk in the dealerships door with new car financing secured to avoid wasting anyone's time. We just need a GM sales associate to do the leg work in locating and securing our vehicle either from another dealership or by special ordering our future vehicle directly from the GM vehicle factory. This go round we were in the market for a new Chevrolet Traverse. Hall Chevrolet REALLY came through for our family. We came to Hall Chevrolet after a bad experience at another Chesapeake Chevrolet dealership; I won't name the other dealership but there are only two Chevrolet dealerships in Chesapeake. Hall Chevrolet ensured we were a priority and went over and beyond to meet our needs. James Copeland was our direct Sales Associate and Doug Dorival was the Sales Manager. James Copeland is genuine and very enthusiastic about his job. You can tell he loves his job and the Chevrolet GM brand. James never tried to sell us on unnecessary accessories or options; he truly just wanted us to be happy with our buying experience, and to get us into the right vehicle to meet our needs. James was always easy to reach and at the times he was unavailable, we ALWAYS received a call back same day either by him, Doug, or some other Hall Chevrolet team member with direct knowledge of the situation. James worked with Doug to locate the exact vehicle we were looking for. And Doug really came through. We knew the Traverse we were looking for might be difficult to procure. So we were in no rush to get the vehicle we wanted. It took some time for Doug to find the exact vehicle we wanted but we were pleased with the end result. Thanks James and Doug. You have Chevrolet customers for life. I am so glad we chose Hall Chevrolet. Hall Chevrolet could be a little far for some of the Hampton Roads population like those living in Virginia Beach. However, don't let the distant deter you from visiting. You won't be disappointed. And they have some pretty good coffee too.

Matthew Hess

(5.0) 9 reviews

James Copeland

(4.9) 12 reviews

• November 27, 2016

Just purchased a 2016 Malibu from Hall Chevrolet in Chesapeake. Mike Pierce, our sales rep, and the entire staff made the purchase process easy! Well... done!

Hall Chevrolet Chesapeake is delighted to hear that your car buying experience was a memorable one. We welcome you to stay in touch so that we may ans...wer any further questions you may have about your new 2016 Chevy Malibu. It was our pleasure assisting you in selecting the perfect vehicle and we look forward to hearing from you in the future!

January 5, 2019

Darla was my representative. She was very polite. The only thing I would say is that I had a broken cover under my car that was on the ticket but no one... actually drew to my attention and they really didn't explain what was wrong. Everything else very good.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope to be of service to you again in the future. Best wishes, Hall Chevrolet Chesapeake

January 4, 2019

The customer service was exceptional, LJ explained everything very thoroughly and told me what needed to be done to my vehicle. He very accommodating and... was excellent in his customer service skills. I will definitely recommend him and will continue to have the services for my car go through him.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! We're looking forward to your next visit with us!

LJ Trower

Internet Sales Manager

(5.0) 6 reviews

December 11, 2018

Thanks again for the great service. You were prompt and delivered as promised. I???ll be returning as soon as my next scheduled service is due.

Hello, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! Take care!

December 5, 2018

Disclaimer: This particular service department is slow, has poor business, poor service, is ‘shortcut-taking’ and they solely rely on the consumer... to have no automotive background so that he/she may blindly accept the garbage being pushed upon them *IF that person is getting any kind of repair( I can only assume the technicians here cannot mistake basic routine servicing). Best part? Below, after some time, will be the copy and paste “sorry, we care” when if this were true, it would be reflected DURING the service. Full story: I called and scheduled my appointment at noon on Friday for a vibration felt when accelerating. I also asked for the recalls on my airbags. I checked my car in at 8:45am on Monday with the first surprise that the airbags had not even been placed on ordered yet and they will be received no earlier than 1:00pm the next day. Wow. But I was told that I will be called with further info. Four hours later (1:00pm) I called (I did not receive a call) and got the second surprise; my car hasn’t been diagnosed, not even looked at. I was reassured that the cause to my car trouble would soon be discovered and the only reason why it hadn’t been yet was due to how backed up the shop was. I bit my lip and said ok. ANOTHER four hours later (now 5:00pm), I CALLED AGAIN for the diagnosis.... Same thing as earlier my car hadn’t been looked at. This point I expressed how displeased I was especially WITH AN APPOINTMENT. I began describing how if it was diagnosed earlier and parts were needed they may have even showed up with the airbags. Lady answering the phone said my assigned technition had already left so I asked for a different one. Of corse the answer was no and there was nothing that could be done. I was told to expect a phone call next morning.... Now Tuesday (10:00am) I called late morning for the yet another surprise, my car had finally been diagnosed. Gee wiz. Not to be surprised, parts were going to be needed to fix my problem. After they told me what parts were needed the amount of money requested to fix it was asinine. I told them the diagnosis was improbable to the cause but the lady on the phone persisted. After looking at the parts breakdown and doing my research, parts were doubled and some tripled compared to what you found at regular retail. When reaserching, all the parts were the same!! Like they quickly slapped some parts in there to get me the breakdown. I’m over writing about my story. My thumbs hurt. Just know that my car wasn’t picked up until late that night. ***In conclusion this place charges outrageous prices, they charge close to my hourly pay for their quarter/hour rate. DONT GO HERE

Taylor, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Our Service Manager, Brett Whitney, has tried to contact you and has ...been unable to reach you. We truly would like the opportunity to address your concerns and find an amenable solution. Brett can be reached at (757) 233-8155 at your convenience. At Hall Chevrolet, we strive for exceptional customer service with each visit, and sincerely apologize if that has not been the case and for any miscommunication along the way. We hope you will give us the opportunity to address your concerns and earn your confidence back. Thank you.

December 1, 2018

I came here with 16,000 miles on my 2018 Chevrolet Traverse to get my oil changed, tires rotated, and fluids and components checked according to my maintenance... plan and owners manual. To my surprise and dissatisfaction the representative that helped me decided to ask me if I wanted to have my brake fluid flushed because it was required according to the owners manual. So I then opened up my owners manual only to find and I quote ???(6) Replace brake fluid every five years. See Brake Fluid.??? I can admit that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but what I can do is read. I do not like the fact that I am a paying customer and someone decides to take one look at me being a female and attempt to take advantage of me by assuming my ignorance. Needless to say I will NOT be returning to this dealership ever again in life because god only knows who else they have done this to!

Tiffani, we're disappointed to hear of the recent experience you had at our location. It is our goal to provide exceptional customer service with each... visit, and it appears that we have not met that expectation. Our General Manager, Nick Vendt, would like to speak with you. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at (877) 475-0719 so we can work with you to make this right. Thank you.

November 27, 2018

I took my Chevy Trailblazer in for service on November 12 because it had a small oil leak. Darla was very helpful and they found the cause of the leak... very quickly, it was a bad oil pan gasket which would cost almost $1200 to replace. That stunk, but we needed the vehicle so we brought it back to have it fixed that evening. Darla was very helpful and got the vehicle in right away. It took a while to repair and we got it back from the dealer on Friday the 16th. Early in the morning on the 16th my wife and I had to run errands all day so we were driving here and there in the vehicle and didnt get home until after dark. Sunday morning I went outside and saw that the trailblazer had leaked a ton of oil all over my brand new driveway. I put it up on ramps and saw that there was oil leaking everywhere and I took some pictures. I also saw that the AC belt was dangling off of the pulleys so I took pictures of that too (since I knew the belts had been in place before taking it in for service). Of course the service dept was not open on Sunday, but first thing Monday I went up and spoke with Darla in person. I showed her the photos including the dangling belt and the oil all over my driveway. She asked if I was going to have the vehicle towed up to Hall, to which I responded that I was hoping that they would have it towed since this is their fault. She agreed to have the vehicle towed at Halls expense and the tow truck came and picked up the trailblazer Monday afternoon at around 3PM. I got a call Tuesday morning stating that it was the oil pan gasket and that "I probably just got a bad one" and not to worry since it was covered under warranty. There was not mention of the belt. Darla called me again on Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving to let me know that the trailblazer was ready but she didnt have the paperwork done yet, but I could pick up the vehicle and they would mail me the paperwork. I picked up my vehicle and now thankfully it has no more leaks, but I am sattled oil stains all over my brand new driveway, oil all over the underside of the car (which wasnt cleaned), two weeks of hassle with getting the vehicle "fixed", and a $1200 repair bill. I really believe that Hall should clean my driveway or at least refund me partially for the repair in order to pay for the driveway and vehicle to be cleaned.

The dealership just contacted me and they are going to try to set things right and are having my driveway cleaned.

November 23, 2018

This was my first time buying a car and it was long yet great experience. I???m happy I had James help me through this car journey.

Hello, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team. If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by.... Have an awesome day!

James Copeland