Priority Toyota Hampton

(3.7) 31 reviews

Call This Dealer

3.7
31 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Priority Toyota Hampton from DealerRater.com
  • Bait and switch

This dealership is a premier example of a bait and switch sales tactic...i've been here twice trying to purchase vehicles that I viewed on the Interne...t, and once I got there I found a price to be thousands of dollars higher than what was advertised. Most recently, I went into look at a 2017 4Runner SR5. The price on the Internet was listed at $37,494, and when I went in they had it nearly $6000 higher and would not honor their Internet price. The salesman (Alex Wall) was not prepared to answer questions, and when I asked why they would not honor their Internet price, they offered me a different vehicle with lesser options at the same price. The sales manager Wall (Alex's daddy) asked me point blank if I was prepared to buy the vehicle if they honor their price...I replied yes. This was the last time I spoke to him as he would not come out of his office or work with me on the deal, instead he sent his inexperience son out to offer me the "switch" vehicle. I was so taken back by the sales experience that I made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and a formal complaint with Toyota corporate. If you've experienced the same thing at this dealership, I suggest you call Toyota at 800-331-4331, option four then option one to speak to a resolution complaints specialist. This will not get you the vehicle at the price it was advertised, but maybe these criminals will be held accountable for their lack of truth in advertising. Note, I gave them one star because zero stars is not an option. I will never do business at priority Toyota or any of its affiliates.

Overall Experience

• Horrible Service (if you can get someone to answer)

My experience here today was the worst experience I have ever had with any dealership. I called numerous times throughout the day to get an answer fro...m service and the phone continued to ring. Finally someone answered and asked which branch I wanted, so I said service. The same person picked up after another minute of ringing and apologized, then transferred my call again. My 2016 truck was leaking water into the cab, and it took them a month to get the window for it. I also do not like the attitude you receive when talking to them. They do not work with you and do nothing to help. Customer service is not their top priority at this dealership. Price was not an issue because this was covered by warranty.

• Comment on todays visit

I was just in this AM to your dealership , Priority Toyota Hampton. for my state inspection. It was a pleasure to come. Mr Ott saved me an additiona...l trip in Dec for an oil change. Both done today in less than an hour. No charge. Thank you. I can hardly believe I have had my Prius nine years. Bought it At Priority Toyota in Chesapeake when they encouraged the clunker trade ins. Great car and fun to drive. Delighted there is now a Priority Toyota in Hampton J Goodrich

• Very Disappointed

I used the USAA car buying service. I stopped in to Priority Toyota and initially, they had no idea who I was. Either they don't take the program an...d customers seriously, or they just don't care. I was finally handed off to Paul Parker. I was texting back and forth about what I wanted and was pressured to make a purchase when I didn't feel comfortable with the numbers. I decided to take a step back and put my car purchasing on hold. I recently received a text inquiring if I was still looking and I responded that I was still interested. Long story short, the customer service I received via text message began to go south. I was told I was wasting his time and that when I was serious to respond. I have since blocked his text messages and will be reaching out to USAA regarding how I was treated. If this is how they treat men in uniform, I hate to see how they treat the general public.

• Car Buying Experience

My experience with getting a car made me a little nervous but the staff at Priority was very kind and helpful. They found the perfect car to suit my n...eeds and I left there that same day with a beautiful 2015 Toyota Corolla. Just wanted to say go there and they will treat you right. Very happy with the whole dealership.

Overall Experience

• Great experience, patient sales staff, great selection

Incredibly happy with Jessica at Priority Toyota Hampton. I had every intention on going a generic used car lot but after talking with Jessica on the... phone, she encouraged me to swing by and check out the sales they had running. She listened to my requirements and preferences, was able to show me options that I hadn't considered, was patient as my wife and I asked a ton of questions, and helped us not only stay inside our budget, but to get a great car we love to drive. Thanks!?

• Brand New Car

My experience in buying my first brand new car was very nice indeed. The sales consultant was professional and the service I received was outstanding.... Always wanted to own a brand new car, God is good and worthy of all the Praise. Thank You So Much Cynthia

Overall Experience

• BEST car buying experience EVER!

Bought a new Tundra and Jessica O. made it SUPER easy. There was absolutely ZERO stress and I drove away in the perfect truck! Thank you for being so ...great!

• Nice visit

Jessica was my dealer and she was great. She sold my car of my dream. Was very happy with her. She was very friendly to me and my family.

• Worst experience ever

Worst car buying experience ever! Put a 500$ deposit down on a new Toyota 4Runner thinking I would be gettin one special ordered. Later that week was ...told by the sales manager that they don't do special orders. Instead, they would put in an allocation request. Needless to say I was extremely unhappy with this. When I tried to get my deposit back was told "NO". Since I signed a non refundable form I would not be provided my deposit back. when telling the sales manager I would take him to court he responded saying, " I'll see you in court" and hung up the phone. So priority toyota of hampton now has 500$ of my hard earned money and I got zero out of it. I will not recommend this dealership to anyone I know and make sure to tell all of my co workers looking at buying a Toyota to steer clear of this shady dealership.

Priority Toyota Hampton